Anthony Mcoy

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Anthony Mcoy
Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:46 am
  • Most tight ends run down the line when sent in motion.Anthony skips down the line like a school girl every time,its freaking hilarious.
    yummy down on this throbbing pole of hot man chicken.
    legend38
    NET Veteran

Re: Anthony Mcoy
Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:49 am
  • He's pretty awesome. Wish he was a little more reliable. And smarter. But I like him.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:52 am
  • I wish he would have been more on target with that stiff arm. He wiffed it big time. Great big hard to tackle guy.
    He may be better with more reps. I am disappointed in whaat I see from Miller. Yeah he has been good; we paid him to be great not good.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:53 am
  • Not his best day. Drew the penalty on that first TD to Miller and then on that 49-yard pass to Baldwin he gets a holding penalty, plus dropped an easy pass... Not sure what I think of him yet.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:13 am
  • I like Zack Miller's play at TE, but I have no idea of the "value" of his contribution relative to the $$ he makes. He has made a lot of big plays at key times this year, and been consistent, and by all accounts he is kick-ass as a blocker. In PC/JS I trust, as far as any offseason matters. In the meantime, I'm damn glad Miller is on the team making plays, and he is the clear #1. McCoy has far exceeded expectations though, made big plays, caught most balls thrown to him. Dude can't really run but at least he can catch most of the time. Now I'll watch for the skipping thing!
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:15 am
  • Atradees wrote:I wish he would have been more on target with that stiff arm. He wiffed it big time. Great big hard to tackle guy.
    He may be better with more reps. I am disappointed in whaat I see from Miller. Yeah he has been good; we paid him to be great not good.

My only issue with Miller is he seems rattled/gunshy. He seems tepid about reaching the ball out (might be a coaching thing minimizing turnovers) but also seems very reluctant to fight hard for yardage, possibly due to his concussions. I get that, but I want a guy who is going to get those key first downs when it's a matter of inches. I think Miller is worth the money for what he provides as a run blocker and pass catcher, just need to see that little bit more to feel really good about him.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:20 am
  • Yeah lol I called that earlier in the chat room. He frolicks across the LOS
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:22 am
  • Pstark3 wrote:Yeah lol I called that earlier in the chat room. He frolicks across the LOS

Made me think of this.

pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:30 am
  • He does but he is my most improved hawk of the season though.
    canzag
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:37 am
  • Looked very slow, I thought.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:18 am
  • He looks extremely awkward to me.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:28 am
  • Atradees wrote:I wish he would have been more on target with that stiff arm. He wiffed it big time. Great big hard to tackle guy.

Nice timely signature swap.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:45 am
  • A little like a big teenager that hasn't grown in to his body yet

"Everyone hath a plan... until they get punthed in the fathe." -- Mike Tython on the 2014 Theattle Theahawkth.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:08 am
  • legend38 wrote:Most tight ends run down the line when sent in motion.Anthony skips down the line like a school girl every time,its freaking hilarious.

I saw quite a few "not sure" and "mistake" comments about McCoy - but you really gotta love this guy. Tons of issues last year catching the ball, I think he may have 1-2 drops all year, including the catchable ball yesterday. This "skip" thing he does is awesome. It reminds me of being a db and looking for that little hitch in someones gait that tells you they are breaking left/right/button - just another thing for the defense to think about - which I love. His attitude and energy are also one of the more appealing things about our team chemistry that - another shining part of this guy's game that people don't talk about. He's been playing way above expectations - I expect huge things from him in the playoffs!
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:49 am
  • pinksheets wrote:My only issue with Miller is he seems rattled/gunshy. He seems tepid about reaching the ball out (might be a coaching thing minimizing turnovers) but also seems very reluctant to fight hard for yardage, possibly due to his concussions. I get that, but I want a guy who is going to get those key first downs when it's a matter of inches. I think Miller is worth the money for what he provides as a run blocker and pass catcher, just need to see that little bit more to feel really good about him.

I think that's exactly it, and I really don't blame him. The reason I don't blame him is that he still goes over the middle and takes big hits. That's good enough for me.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:53 am
  • McCoy seems to me like one of those guys that people end up saying how awesome his physical attributes were and what incredible potential he had but the guy never fully realizes any of it.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:54 am
  • I love the skip, it's unique and demonstrates the character that is growing in this team.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:54 am
  • McCoy is to TE what Ryan Mallett is to sprinting QB's. Let's just say that while he's not terrible, he's not competition-proof either.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:56 am
  • falcongoggles wrote:
    Nice timely signature swap.

:thmusik36:
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:00 am
  • McCoy is a work in progress for me. Just wonder how long you give him to come good. Flashes of brilliance but the drops and untimely penalties are his homework areas.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:12 am
  • I'm pleased with his progress, but his slot is up for grabs at all times, IMO. He looks SO slow. Like, Chandler from Bills slow.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:03 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information