Wilson: unselfish

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Wilson: unselfish
Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:46 pm
  • Running that TD when he could have passed it to get the record. That's putting the team first, giving the Seahawks a W and extra momentum going into the playoffs instead of thinking about himself and the record... God I love our QB
    fav13259
    NET Rookie

Re: Wilson: unselfish
Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:48 pm
  • I would've been happier if he passed there. He had an open man.
    quadsas
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:50 pm
  • Russell deserved the record, plus they were offsides so it was a free play. But he made the play to help the "team" win the game so I'll take it.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:52 pm
  • That's exactly what I thought. They gave him the play to get it. Rather than risk anything for it all, he played it safe and ran it in. Well done, Russell! And congrats on tying a really, really big record!
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:53 pm
  • Is it just regular season that counts for the record? I can't find anything that says it cannot continue next week in the WC round.
    SDakota Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:55 pm
  • I think that him running it in speaks more about the type of QB he is more than breaking the rookie record would. Him giving up fame for himself for the better of the team epitomizes "DangeRuss"
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:56 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:That's exactly what I thought. They gave him the play to get it. Rather than risk anything for it all, he played it safe and ran it in. Well done, Russell! And congrats on tying a really, really big record!

It's just regular season. All records are held to that standard unless otherwise mentioned. The only ones usually mentioned are consecutive streaks, and even they show different stats for both.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:58 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:That's exactly what I thought. They gave him the play to get it. Rather than risk anything for it all, he played it safe and ran it in. Well done, Russell! And congrats on tying a really, really big record!

He was probably just too nervous to break the record :mrgreen:
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:59 pm
  • He wanted it though, just watch his body on that run lol.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:59 pm
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:01 pm
  • Russell wanted it and I'm sure everyone wanted it. Then he just said screw it and ran it in for the touchdown. Now I'm just hoping Wilson gets the OROY which he rightfully deserves.
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:01 pm
  • RW is all about team wins and not individual stats. That's a leader. If he throws it, he could miss it, could be batted down, ... etc. He is confident in his legs ... just go get it and he did.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:05 pm
  • I highly doubt he was even thinking about the record during the play. He only cares about winning games.
    MarinersFanBart
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:19 pm
  • He was thinking about it. He said in post game that he was about to toss it to, I think Zach, but that breaking the record isn't who he is so he ran it in.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:27 pm
  • That was an awesome play. I was telling my wife all about it and said, "See you can tell he was thinking of shovel passing it right there, but he pulled it back and did the sure thing." He's a total class act. I love how honest he is about everything, it seems. When interviewed on NFL Network, I think, he said,"Yeah I think bout being compared to those other guys (other rookie QB's) and yeah I want to be the best." That said he will always put team first. Super cool!
    Timberhawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:30 pm
  • How many TD's did Payton rush for that season anyway? I mean what is the rookie QB record for total TD's?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:47 am
  • Timberhawk wrote:That was an awesome play. I was telling my wife all about it and said, "See you can tell he was thinking of shovel passing it right there, but he pulled it back and did the sure thing." He's a total class act. I love how honest he is about everything, it seems. When interviewed on NFL Network, I think, he said,"Yeah I think bout being compared to those other guys (other rookie QB's) and yeah I want to be the best." That said he will always put team first. Super cool!

Totally. I could see he was thinking about it during the play and decided screw it and run it in, because that's what was open.
    I was hoping he'd pass it, but he knew running was the correct read and sure thing, and he couldn't help himself, with the game on the line.
    Too bad the Rams didn't cut off the run and force him to throw for it.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:52 am
  • brimsalabim wrote:How many TD's did Payton rush for that season anyway? I mean what is the rookie QB record for total TD's?

I dont know if its the record or not but Cam Newton had 35 last year. 21 throwing, 14 rushing.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:45 am
  • joeseahawks wrote:RW is all about team wins and not individual stats. That's a leader. If he throws it, he could miss it, could be batted down, ... etc. He is confident in his legs ... just go get it and he did.

Exactly! :th2thumbs:
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information