Interesting DVOA stat

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Interesting DVOA stat
Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:36 am
  • The 2010 Seahawks were the second wrost team by DVOA to ever makes the play-offs. (2004 Rams).

Now, the 2012 Seahawks have the chance of being the 2nd best team to ever make the playoffs (1991 Redskins).

That is what I call a good trend.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

Re: Interesting DVOA stat
Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:57 am
  • Wow. Sad and interesting that the Seahawks have ties to the worst two teams ever to make the playoffs - were the second, lost to the first. Bleh!

But the fact that we're coming into this as the second best (and as a probable wild card!) is pretty amazing. This team is starting to look like a legitimate contender for at least the next few years. Our "window of opportunity" is just starting to open, and we're already a strong team going into this year's playoffs. That's a pretty good place to be as an organization.

Edit: and an interesting quote from Bradshaw regarding this sort of thing:

FOX SPORTS: NFL ‏@NFLONFOX
    Our Terry Bradshaw: "If the #BEARS make the playoffs, they will be the worst team to make it in." #NFLSUNDAY #Week17

I know it's not DVOA, but hey.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:44 am
  • I went through Football Outsiders' entire history and calculated this. It turns out Seattle has had the biggest two-year increase in DVOA, at least since 1991.
    Perfundle
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:23 am
  • Perfundle wrote:I went through Football Outsiders' entire history and calculated this. It turns out Seattle has had the biggest two-year increase in DVOA, at least since 1991.

Sounds right. I would assume the second biggest rise isn't all that close.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:24 am
  • Were the 04 Rams really that bad? Wow that says alot if you guys remember they friggin swept us in the division and won here at the clink for the playoffs.

Man that game hurt.
    Beeker
    NET Rookie

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information