Concerned about PC's game management in the playoffs?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • 1 overturned challenge out of 5 this season. Most of his lost challenges by the way have been obvious. A couple of dumb onside kicks that have backfired. So far nothing has really come back to haunt us and resulted in a loss but I am a little concerned Pete is gonna get "hormonal" again in the playoffs. A lost timeout could end up being crucial at the end of one of these games....
    kmedic
    NET Veteran

• kmedic wrote:1 overturned challenge out of 5 this season. Most of his lost challenges by the way have been obvious. A couple of dumb onside kicks that have backfired. So far nothing has really come back to haunt us and resulted in a loss but I am a little concerned Pete is gonna get "hormonal" again in the playoffs. A lost timeout could end up being crucial at the end of one of these games....

MEH
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• Much ado about nothing, IMHO.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• He just finished the regular season with an 11-5 record.....Im okay with his game management
    When life slips you a Jeffery, stroke a furry wall.
    http://www.yakimamavericks.org
    Soppie
    NET Starter

• That onside kick was fine. We kicked off with a 15 yard advantage because of a penalty. If Kam waits one more second, he easily recovers and Pete looks like a genius. I like the quote about him winning 11 games. Pete obviously knows what he is doing. In 3 years he turned us into this monster. There is not a person on earth I want more than Pete leading us into the playoffs.
    acbass
    NET Starter

• acbass wrote:That onside kick was fine. We kicked off with a 15 yard advantage because of a penalty. If Kam waits one more second, he easily recovers and Pete looks like a genius. I like the quote about him winning 11 games. Pete obviously knows what he is doing. In 3 years he turned us into this monster. There is not a person on earth I want more than Pete leading us into the playoffs.

:13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13:
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• If I remember correctly, one of those challenges he actually knew he would lose, but went for it anyway to buy some time. I cannot remember what game that was, but if I remember, it was a pretty good idea at the time.
    leea35
    NET Bench Warmer

• acbass wrote:That onside kick was fine. We kicked off with a 15 yard advantage because of a penalty. If Kam waits one more second, he easily recovers and Pete looks like a genius. I like the quote about him winning 11 games. Pete obviously knows what he is doing. In 3 years he turned us into this monster. There is not a person on earth I want more than Pete leading us into the playoffs.

My name is Sprfunk and I approve of this message.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran

• I think it was a 3rd down pass to Miller (late 2nd qtr) that got (IMO) a really bad spot. I felt Pete should have challenged the spot. It was a big play at that time of the game. instead we punted and minutes later went to the half with a challenge and 2 time outs. I think we were fortunate Stl failed to score (FG?). Whether he's won 11 games or 18, under the circumstances, it wasn't smart football.

I'm a big advocate of punting for field position, but I am borderline on not kicking those FGs in today's first half. Especially at home.

The on-side kick was a no-brainer. I was shocked Stl wasn't better prepared. From the 50, I would onside kick every time without even hiding the fact.

I'm not down on Pete...just the opposite (I think he's COY). I mention the above merely for the sake of conversation. We won. I'm happy.
    Last edited by HawkWow on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• :229031_banghead:

Some fans are never satisfied
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• Hawkfan77 wrote::229031_banghead:

Some fans are never satisfied

The fans of the '72 Phins are the only fans that should be 100% satisfied.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Sprfunk wrote:
    acbass wrote:That onside kick was fine. We kicked off with a 15 yard advantage because of a penalty. If Kam waits one more second, he easily recovers and Pete looks like a genius. I like the quote about him winning 11 games. Pete obviously knows what he is doing. In 3 years he turned us into this monster. There is not a person on earth I want more than Pete leading us into the playoffs.

My name is Sprfunk and I approve of this message.

I approve you approving! Ha. On to the playoffs!
    acbass
    NET Starter

• HawkWow wrote:I think it was a 3rd down pass to Miller (late 2nd qtr) , .

I wasn't able to watch the game an YET I know that

1) this was within 2 min to end the half

2) You can't challenge within 2 min of end of either half

Next
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• I'm not concerned about Papa Pete, but I'm damned sure concerned about whoever in the booth is telling him to challenge in many of these situations. Though, I think today's was just for an extra-long timeout, lol. If so, pure brilliance.

Taking this long to change up our play calling will kill is in the playoffs, though. Of that, I have no doubt. We were very slow to respond when the Rams were clearly winning against us in multiple facets.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• The thing about the challenge is that it wasn't a 100% wrong. They did move the ball, just not far enough. Apparently you must win both parts. It wasnt a complete loss, I suppose, but really, what is the league average on getting plays over turned? It can't be very high.
    acbass
    NET Starter

• mikeak wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:I think it was a 3rd down pass to Miller (late 2nd qtr) , .

I wasn't able to watch the game an YET I know that

1) this was within 2 min to end the half

2) You can't challenge within 2 min of end of either half

Next

I did forget that stupid ass rule. But thanks for sharing your apparent super human powers.
    Last edited by HawkWow on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• I like Trufant but i really think... trufant doesn't have the speed for the coverage we're gunna need into the playoffs. It was nice seeing him playtoday but watching he wasn't keeping up as much as he used to.
    Conference Championships: NFC: 2005, 2013
    Division Campionships: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013
    Superbowl Championships: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8.. SUCK IT
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

• leea35 wrote:If I remember correctly, one of those challenges he actually knew he would lose, but went for it anyway to buy some time. I cannot remember what game that was, but if I remember, it was a pretty good idea at the time.

I thought the spot challenge by Pete was brilliant because it sucked up a lot of time, disrupted Rams momentum, and gave our D a chance to rest.
    It was like a 5-minute interruption. Pete challenged at the last possible moment.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• That on side kick was the perfect call! It would have worked great too if Kam hadn't gotten overly excited. There wasn't a Ram within 10 yards of that ball, or Kam.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• HawkWow wrote:I did forget that stupid ass rule. But thanks for sharing your apparent super human powers.

Actually pretty simple it is called scorecenter and gamecast and this forum.

Read about the play being short on scorecenter, knew it was within 2 minutes, saw the posts on the forum complaining about Miller and posted that it was within 2 mins......
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• I think Pete trusts the talent he has to lead them to victories in the playoffs. The in-game decisions will come into play more in close games. If we can get back to the "beat downs" of teams, then the only in-game decisions that will matter is if he's running up the score. During close games, I trust him to use his players to the best of his abilities. He does play conservative when playing the field position game, which could hurt the team since usually, especially in the playoffs you have to play the "play to win" mentality instead of the "play not to lose" mentality.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

• I don't understand how we 'lost' the challenge yesterday.

The official spotted the ball wrong, they admitted that, so technically we 'won' the challenge.

Just because it's still, barely, a first down, shouldn't negate the fact that the ball was spotted wrong.

Pretty sure I have seen a game with similar circumstances(I.E. wrong spot, but still a first down), where the team didn't lose a timeout.
    DericLee
    NET Veteran

• olyfan63 wrote:
    leea35 wrote:If I remember correctly, one of those challenges he actually knew he would lose, but went for it anyway to buy some time. I cannot remember what game that was, but if I remember, it was a pretty good idea at the time.

I thought the spot challenge by Pete was brilliant because it sucked up a lot of time, disrupted Rams momentum, and gave our D a chance to rest.
    It was like a 5-minute interruption. Pete challenged at the last possible moment.

:13: This.

PC isn't as stupid as we believe him to be. We couldn't get our defense off the field and it was only a matter of time before they broke our D.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• DericLee wrote:I don't understand how we 'lost' the challenge yesterday.

The official spotted the ball wrong, they admitted that, so technically we 'won' the challenge.

Just because it's still, barely, a first down, shouldn't negate the fact that the ball was spotted wrong.

Pretty sure I have seen a game with similar circumstances(I.E. wrong spot, but still a first down), where the team didn't lose a timeout.

I was saying the same thing to my brother during the game. The challenge was to challenge the spot of the ball and the ball was moved. I was just shaking my head at Triplette. He seems to be one of the refs who always mis-manages a game and gives all of these weird, off the wall explanations of things. Him and his crew seem very unorganized all the time.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information