Sigi Schmid. Most uninspiring 12th man flag raiser ever?

Ziggy worst flag raiser ever?

• Yes

Votes: 53 58.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 41.1%

• Total voters

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'd put him right down there with Drew Carey.

I would have liked to see John Scheider raise it today. He deserves some public love.

Hell, seeing somebody dressed up as this Ziggy would have got me more fired up:

T zpsd4746ea9

BeastQuake

Reaction score
First of all, it's Sigi Schmid, and he's an important figure in seattle sports. He might be below Ichiro, Griffey, Felix, etc, but still fires up most of the fans.

muxpux

Reaction score
Who?

Edit: googled it. Oh. Sounders coach. Wow. Exciting. I'm glad he had the time to do it however so we could have our blue end zones back.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
BeastQuake":oqe1ivxe said:
First of all, it's Sigi Schmid, and he's an important figure in seattle sports. He might be below Ichiro, Griffey, Felix, etc, but still fires up most of the fans.

Thanks, i fixed it, i had no idea how to spell his name.

If it were up to me none of those guys you mentioned would have ever raised it either even though I love all three. I'd rather it was always somebody directly affiliated with the Seahawks organization. Even if it meant having a lot of repeats.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Detlef was awful too.

Slightly off topic .. if the Cardinals somehow won today .. I wonder who would have raised the flag in the playoff game? I was thinking maybe Brian Hoyer if he pulled off the magical upset :lol:

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":24wd4a9c said:
Detlef was awful too.

Slightly off topic .. if the Cardinals somehow won today .. I wonder who would have raised the flag in the playoff game? I was thinking maybe Brian Hoyer if he pulled off the magical upset :lol:

Shaun Alexander would have been my pick.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Give it a rest already on Sigi Schmid. I say it's awesome to have other Seattle sports figures support each other's teams. It'd be cool to have George Karl, Nate McMillan, Lenny Wilkens, or even someone like Lou Piniella do the honor for that matter. It's even better that Sigi Schmid is a CURRENT coach of a GOOD Seattle sports team that made the playoffs this year.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Yeah I had no clue who it was at first. Now that I know...why do we care about soccer?

Oh well, I guess the real raisers were busy.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Sigi won the opportunity by purchasing and consuming the most hot dogs at the stadium the last 4 years.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
olyfan63":2siiyuzz said:
Give it a rest already on Sigi Schmid. I say it's awesome to have other Seattle sports figures support each other's teams. It'd be cool to have George Karl, Nate McMillan, Lenny Wilkens, or even someone like Lou Piniella do the honor for that matter. It's even better that Sigi Schmid is a CURRENT coach of a GOOD Seattle sports team that made the playoffs this year.

McMillan and Wilkens have already done it. Here's the complete list:

http://www.seahawks.com/gameday/12th-ma ... isers.html

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not even close. Although he's up there as one of the more anti-climatic, the Seahawks have brought some real lame ducks out over the years. The fish throwers of Pike Place Market (are you kidding me?), sports figures I had never even heard of, the list goes on and on.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Wait.... Its a bad move to have the coach of one of the best soccer teams in the country that is extremely popular in the community raise the flag? huh...?

Steve2222

Reaction score
Agreed. He didn't get a big reaction at all and I had no idea who he was. I gave him a pity clap.

I have no shame admitting I loathe soccer.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2bshz0fk said:
Wait.... Its a bad move to have the coach of one of the best soccer teams in the country that is extremely popular in the community raise the flag? huh...?
Not sure why, but I got a big chuckle out of this comment.

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
Well, I love soccer as well as I love the America National Football League.

I will never understand why there is those that have to dislike one or the other. It is even more idiotic to see stations like ESPN mock it and then realize Oh crap, we broadcast it as well. We have to act like we like it. Then again, ESPN sucks a duck anyways.

I wasn't there so I didn't see it but props to Sigi as he has helped the Sounders become a solid sports franchise. That club is part of the reason why I hope to continue flying up to Seattle at least once a year when both the Seahawks and Sounders play with a few days of each other. :th2thumbs:

pinksheets

Reaction score
I would tend to agree. I think if we had NBA and NHL here, I think our MLS team would still be the team with the least amount of commonality with the other sports. I would not be fired up by any Sounder related flag raiser. While there are plenty of Sounders fans who love the Hawks, I do think it inevitably is the sport with the most fans who aren't going to be crazy about the others.

Detleft would get me pumped, personally.