This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: Wild Card Edition!

BlueThunder

Reaction score
What? The Lambs? We didn't lay a 50 burger on 'em? Sheesh. So much for the Superbowl... Seriously though, I hope the Rams didn't show everybody how to stop us. I still feel pretty confident against RGIII and the 'Skins for the rookie qb smack-down. Was hoping for the previously beaten Cowpokes, but it didn't really make that much of a difference to me. And if I remember correctly, aren't the Redskins usually just a speed bump for us in recent playoff history? Reading through their boards, seems like THEY remember... :lol:

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

"Official" forum. Used to be a great board, but now it's just ass-hat central. They should call themselves "Extreme Xenophobe's", 'cause if you ain't a 'Skins fan, you're an intruder. Just ridiculous. Enter at your own risk. Can't believe I talked this site up so much. I was going by my past experiences where they used to be cool. So much for that. Still entertaining to read their Rah Rah stupidity. Will be the first place I visit after the Seahawks smack-down though to view what should be an epic meltdown! :twisted:

http://www.extremeskins.com/

The Hogs

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/

The Warpath

http://www.thewarpath.net/

Hail Redskins

http://hailredskins.com/vbforum/index.php

ESPN board

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/forum/_/nam ... n-redskins

Football's future

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/v ... m.php?f=38

Scout

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=71&f=1348

If you know of any I missed, please post below.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Apparently we are "the worst fans in the league"

SNDavidson

Reaction score
He grew up just 2 hours down the road in VA, should feel like he's back home.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This one cracked me up from Extreme Skins...

"You guys have NO IDEA about the Seahawks. I live very close to Seattle. This one means more to me than any other game this year. We have to win. Otherwise I have to quit my job and move."

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Really liked reading this edit:

"Completely random thought, but it is very interesting to me how the Seahawks (imo) have gone from one of the softest teams in the league with Hasselbeck and Alexander (perhaps the softest RB ever to actually have success in this league) to one of the toughest with a hard nosed defense and the epitome of toughness in Marshawn Lynch. Odd, but just like this week, a victory over them is one that earns and deserves respect."

Vesuve

Reaction score
I read the 'extremeskins' forum "we want Seattle" thread.

Lots of pent up angst apparently Sean Taylor's passing and some small number of Seahawks fan comments.

Some reports of bad seattle fan behavior was considered not true however.

Regardless, this is a big game.

I'm already feeling the energy.

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
Vesuve":3bxd3dri said:

Lots of pent up angst apparently Sean Taylor's passing and some small number of Seahawks fan comments.

Yeah I remember them wanting to beat us by 21 points in honor of Taylor but we ending up beating them...by 21

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Vesuve":nc2uuaut said:

Yea, a lot of 'revenge' talk going on over there. But then some of the insults they are hurling at us are playing up the "what an irrelevant franchise' thing.

For such an irrelevant team like our little ol' Seahawks, I guess we've done a good job of pissing them off over the years. :lol:

Tip to Redskins fans, if we were truly irrelevant.... you wouldn't be so angry, hate us so much, and desperately want revenge. You wouldn't care about anything other than a W.

For example, I'd completely forgotten we'd knocked them out of the playoffs the last 7 years, twice right? Three times? I don't know, why? Because I never think about the Redskins, nor care. :Dunno:

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
Will I":3qj3uqs4 said:
One of their arguments for why they'll win, "Wilson isn't RG3" Shows how little they truly know about our team.

RW is great. GREAT!

But he isn'r RG3. And RG3 isn't RW.

RW reminds me of Joey T (Joe Thiesman)

That said, a 100% Rg3 is better than a 100% RW. Thats my homerish opinion.

Rg3 ontop oif his game can pass for 250+ yards 2TD and run for another 80-100 yards and a TD or two

He is injured tho, so RW right now is better than him.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":octkrwvs said:
Will I":octkrwvs said:
One of their arguments for why they'll win, "Wilson isn't RG3" Shows how little they truly know about our team.

RW is great. GREAT!

Rg3 ontop oif his game can pass for 250+ yards 2TD and run for another 80-100 yards and a TD or two

RW could do that too, if the team needed him to. But we're a run-first team and ride the Beast hard.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Funny to see the recurring theme of the fans of whichever team we are playing any given week immediately finding anything to insult us with besides the ability of our football team.

If it's not Pete being "The Cheat" it's how bad Seattle's fans supposedly are (I'd imagine most fanbases are a bit jealous of our reputation and desperately wish they could get their fans to create an advantage like we can) or it's our "franchise is irrelevant" because we don't get talked up more by the national media (Tebow and the Jets are relevant then, we're winning football games).

Really the only substantial thing opposing fanbases have is our shaky road record, which very well might not be so much of a thing with the offensive surge our team has had. What are Redskins fans going to attack? Our DBs? Richard Sherman could just leave a couple dreadlocks on the field and it'd be more likely to stop a receiver than Deangelo Hall. Our QB? Wilson's Seahawks have handled bigger and better teams than the Skins.

They also seem to like to harp on us being "copycats", because Carroll was inspired by the use of the read option in the Skins offense and using it over here. Fine. Seeing something that works elsewhere, trying it out with your team, and having that tactic be successful is really just part of coaching. Skins fans should hope that their team "copycats" the Seahawks and builds a respectable defense. Love how they call us suspect because of how "weak" the NFC West is. I don't even see an argument as to how the NFC East is tougher than the West. The Eagles are terrible, the Giants are streaky and mediocre, the Cowboys collapse year in and year out, and the Redskins are their only notable team and aren't as complete as either the 9ers or the Seahawks.

But we're just a bunch of little irrelevant Napoleons here. :lol:

rsm650

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what we say or what other boards say; this game is pretty much 50/50. Obviously I want the Hawks to pull out a W. Go Hawks!

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":27apo82q said:
Will I":27apo82q said:

RW is great. GREAT!

Fair enough. Most of us will tell you that Wilson straight up is better than RG3, so I don't think there will be any ground given on either side of that debate.

Vesuve

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":36fdmry4 said:
Yea, a lot of 'revenge' talk going on over there. But then some of the insults they are hurling at us are playing up the "what an irrelevant franchise' thing.

For such an irrelevant team like our little ol' Seahawks, I guess we've done a good job of pissing them off over the years. :lol:

Tip to Redskins fans, if we were truly irrelevant.... you wouldn't be so angry, hate us so much, and desperately want revenge. You wouldn't care about anything other than a W.

I see it the same way, 100%.

I lived in DC for 2 years in the late 90s. The Redskins fan base is very intense. Lots of water cooler talk, and detailed discussion. I watched a lot of Skins games during that time but never became a follower or fan (Having lived in Seattle area my whole life).

Dan Snyder and the organization has had how many coaches since Snyder bought the team in 1998? I've lost count. And there always seems to be a 'quarterback controversy' over 2 mediocre QBs every other year. That's in the past for now, and the new GM Allen seems to be making good decisions.

Because of Dan Snyder and the Skins fans' intensity, I actually have always liked to see the Skins lose so the Skins fans will whine. They do whine. Very, very, whiney.

Just making observations.

As you say, Twist Steel, its all about a W. A Win is all that matter. For me on a personal level it would just be grreeeaaat to Win this one.

Seeker

Reaction score
RG3 makes too many dumb decisions on the run. that could be due to the available talent around him, or it could just be the cocky guy that wants to be the superstar all the time in him (see Cam Newton).

He looked like Mario Mario after an incounter with a thwomp yesterday after that one hit by Ware.

oh god, count how many times 05 and 07 pops up in those threads. they hella mad.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
rdskns4eva":mhror6p5 said:

Wilson could do that too, but the damn defense keeps scoring and forcing us to kick off again without giving Wilson the chance to pad his numbers.