Review of the Rams game

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Offense - I just watched the game again with the advantage of slow motion. Things I noticed:

Okung vs Quinn - this was the worst game I have seen from Okung this season. He had a lot of trouble with the quick edge rushing by Quinn, who is excellent and very underrated. He really had trouble with his footwork , I think due to the quickness of Quinn

Sweezy - he had a good game , I don't understand why everyone was ripping his play
Long- he really gave the right side fits. It is obvious they both were physically over matched by Long. He is a good player and appears stronger than Quinn but not as fast

McCoy- just when I think he has turned the corner he has games like this. Dropped passes, penalties, missed blocks and bonehead plays. He needs to really get his head in the game.
A lot of holding by the Rams. They are very good at it and its hard to see

RW - not his best game, just average. however I admit my exceptions for him are through the roof. He was slow to read and makes it hard to block for him when he moves up in the pocket then back out. He is really good at rolling right or left and passing. He really favors rolling right... He could balance that out a bit more.

What a QB. I have seen them all since the birth of the Hawks. Since the regular season is now over, IMO he has had the best rookie year of them all

All in all a decent game, not the best execution wise. They left a lot of points on the field. The game was closer than it needed to be.

However going into the next season I am looking out for the Rams. They are developing a very good team.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I think the Rams speed up front threw RW off. He was really rushing things in that first half. Second half he settled down a bit and played a lot better. The kids not perfect, and that's ok.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
The Rams were all out at trying to get to RW. The OL pretty much stunk up the pas protection aspect. The OL did good in the ground game though.

hawker84

Reaction score
O line was horrible at pass protection.. RW didn't have time to make any reads most of the 1st half, he was to busy running for his life.. which we're use to seeing, but this game the rams cut off his escape routes and were able to bring him down.. IMO the O line needs to be beefed up in the off season.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1bxb83jf said:
Sweezy - he had a good game , I don't understand why everyone was ripping his play
Because most here don't really have a clue and just need to place blame on someone and they don't really like him in the first place...so there you go.

Twisted

Reaction score
maybe everyone was playing with half passion due to post season being locked, me thinks the niners played the same ginst the Hawks, no need to beat yourself up when you can toy with the Cards and lock up the division, home, away, bye, irrelevant, you still have to perform

GO HAWKS!!!

kearly

Reaction score
Have to disagree on Wilson and Sweezy. In fairness, Wilson did start a bit rocky by his own lofty standards. He took some sacks he probably could have avoided, and he threw some inaccurate passes that his receivers bailed him out on. By the 4th quarter though, Wilson was dealing. Struggles and all, he had more sacks taken today (6) than incompletions (4). That's pretty amazing. Definitely not a game I would call average. Sweezy had two mental errors that led to sacks. Yes Jake Long is terrific, but Sweezy was really bad on two plays and for an offensive linemen you have to bat near 1.000 to have a good day. I love him as a run blocker and I still have faith that he could be even better than Max Unger as an interior blocker with enough development.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
So, we had 25 pass plays (19 att plus 6 sacks). He had 2 bad plays. On the 3rd start of his career. Damn. If only we were just that harshly the first FT job we ever worked in our lives.