Love for Wagner

Rainger

Reaction score
Well he set the record for tackles for the Hawks going back to the 70s whn Terry beeson set it. Sould be DROY for his effort or will the media give it to Kuechly??

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Kuechly had a hell of a year. He could win it straight up.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I give Bobby all the credit in the world, he had a fantastic year.

(Oh and for Montana's sake, you might want to use a different word than love in the thread title lol :th2thumbs: )

MrCarey

Reaction score
Kuechly sounds like he's done a damn good job, so if he comes second to him, I wouldn't be too mad at it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Keuchly only has 1 INT. IMO Wagner made more impact plays, with Keuchly making more tackles.

Could be a toss up.

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
Keuchly's team was playing from behind , which means he had more running plays coming at him to help pad his stats. He had a good year, but wagner was better.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Not that Wagner doesn't work hard developing this trade, but I think Kuechy spends even more time at it. He's Sort of a grinder like Russell Wilison. Kuechy was even labeled a 'nerd' in college, according to Scruggs, because he spend every last minute studying. Somehow I don't think Wagner, with his repetitive tweets about #SmoothChillin puts in as quite as much time. :)

What I'm trying to say is that if Kuechy gets ROY, I wouldn't be too upset or surprised.

Erebus

Reaction score
Tackles is one of the most misleading stats. I'm not saying who deserves it more between Wagner and Kuechly, but basing DROY off total number of tackles makes no sense. A higher number of tackles could be attributed to being on the field a lot more, and who knows if they are quality tackles. They could be 5-7 yards off the line of scrimmage after allowing a 1st down.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Don't much care as long as he's calling the shots on our D for a few more seasons. Hoisting the Lombardi beats all of these awards. I think a case could be built for him, but we need some of these guys to make us relevant for a decade so that our incoming Rookies will get more press.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Wagner and Keuchly were both amazing this year. Just glad that Wags is in the conversation with Keuchly after the season he had. That'd be awesome if Wagner gets it. Go Hawks and Aggies!

SharkHawk

Reaction score
rainger":1nc830bf said:
Well he set the record for tackles for the Hawks going back to the 70s whn Terry beeson set it. Sould be DROY for his effort or will the media give it to Kuechly??

Terry Beeson didn't set a record, because tackles weren't a stat when he played. They didn't become a stat until probably 15 years ago or so. Sacks weren't a stat for many years either, that is why you always hear Deacon Jones complaining about the "record holder" because he officially has zero career sacks, even though we all saw highlights of him putting up sometimes five or six within a single game.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
SharkHawk":29min0ts said:
rainger":29min0ts said:

Terry Beeson didn't set a record, because tackles weren't a stat when he played. They didn't become a stat until probably 15 years ago or so. Sacks weren't a stat for many years either, that is why you always hear Deacon Jones complaining about the "record holder" because he officially has zero career sacks, even though we all saw highlights of him putting up sometimes five or six within a single game.
Well the Seahawks post game show clearly indicated that Wagner had beaten the record of Terry Beeson for Tackles on the team. May have not been a NFL stat but the Hawks must have had a stat on it.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not trying to give you a hard time. It is funny though they claim he broke a record that can't exist if it isn't an official stat. I guess we could create a stat and start tracking it and give out a .NET award. It might be fun.

I know that I've requested Bosworth's tackle stats from the team as have others many times and been told they don't have them as they didn't keep track until like 2000. So take that for what it's worth. I know that there were games I have on tape where Boz had racked up close to 15 tackles, but again... it wasn't compiled for a year because the team and the league didn't recognize it. If you ever find out Terry's totals and other good LB'ers over the years, I'd love to see them.

To have a season like Beeson says a lot. The dude was a machine. He was the best player on the field for long stretches for the early Seahawks. I feel bad for those who never got a chance to see guys like him play. They were our first heroes.