Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:47 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Was Hass tweating Wilson asking for pointers?


    Thanks for the LOL's tonight
    "Somebody needs to work some Photoshop magic and put Harbaugh in the car with Pete handing him a nice warm glass of Shut the F*ck Up"
    User avatar
    SlimHawk80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:00 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:03 pm
  • Well said Shark, I totally agree.

    Hasselbeck will always be my all-time favorite Seahawk, and would love to see him sign for a 1-day deal to retire a Seahawk. But for his sake, I wouldn't want him to be signed as a back-up. Our line isn't good enough in pass protection, he'd be killed.

    And we already have a back-up QB, Michael Robinson. Yeah, he can't run from ya, but he can run through ya.
    User avatar
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3533
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:16 pm
    Location: Huntsville, Al


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:45 pm
  • Is there any video of Mike Rob playing NFL QB, in a preseason game or anywhere, ever, NFL-wise? Just curious what he'd look like as an NFL QB.

    As much as I hated TJack as a starter, I'd love to have him return as a backup to Wilson. Is Seneca Wallace even still around the league, or officially retired? He could be a good backup too, if there's anything left in the tank.
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 639
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:53 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote: I want to see him sail off into retirement without suffering permanent injury beyond what he already has and own the NFL Network or ESPN as a broadcaster that I actually enjoy listening to and who makes me laugh out loud frequently.


    I want to see him become said broadcaster and punch Marshall Faulk in his fat eye.
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:59 pm
  • RW is the best. Hands down!

    Hasselbeck is a favorite, always. He's classy and I am hoping he becomes a commentator or something for the NFL one day.

    Don't know about you guys, but I have a ton of respect for Tarvaris Jackson. Dudes one of my favorite Hawks, even if it was only for one year. Maybe its because I respect him as a person and player who never through his team under the bus and kept his mouth shut even though he knew he had no chance here.
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    User avatar
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 290
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:44 pm
    Location: Washington


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:26 pm
  • Damn, I love & miss Hasselbeck the person. :(
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24172
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:37 pm
  • Jazzhawk wrote:I'd love Matt back here, but really in a coaches role.


    Why couldnt Matt be our quarterbacks coach?

    Or put him in the booth with Moon.
    Image
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    User avatar
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2532
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
    Location: South of Heaven


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:55 pm
  • Sign Hasselback and let him retire as a Seahawk. I don't think he has a role on this team. He was a good player in his day
    User avatar
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1858
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:36 am
  • sc85sis wrote:Two very classy guys.

    2 pac
    yummy down on this throbbing pole of hot man chicken.
    legend38
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 542
    Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:40 am


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:49 am
  • olyfan63 wrote:Is there any video of Mike Rob playing NFL QB, in a preseason game or anywhere, ever, NFL-wise? Just curious what he'd look like as an NFL QB.

    As much as I hated TJack as a starter, I'd love to have him return as a backup to Wilson. Is Seneca Wallace even still around the league, or officially retired? He could be a good backup too, if there's anything left in the tank.


    Robinson played a lot like David Garrard. Shorter/stocky guy that would roll and throw. I thought he'd be a very similar QB to Garrard and was surprised that SF used him as a RB. I think if Garrard's back hadn't exploded he would have been an ideal backup moving forward, but M-Rob is basically a healthy Garrard. He's got about the same build, played QB about the same way (always moving, and not afraid to run, and a real rah-rah team leader guy). So I've seen him play a ton in college and always thought they were very similar players. That's about as good of a comparo as I can give you.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:11 am
  • I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt retiring soon and being on TV. Probably with a show with his brother. As long as they don't include Elizabeth in it, that would be awesome.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6851
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:58 am
  • Good Ole' Classy Matty.

    "We want the ball, we're going to score"

    Love that quote!
    **ME LONG YOU LOVE TIME**
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 271
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:03 am
    Location: MD


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:17 pm
  • I want Matt to get an espn gig. I feel like he would do everything in his power to get us attention.
    User avatar
    sturg78
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1052
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:39 pm
  • I'd like to see Matt local. He is comes across as honest and has good insights. Maybe KIRO or KJR and ESPN regional television ?
    User avatar
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1858
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:42 pm
  • Saw this too, very classy. I've always liked Hasslebeck. His brother Tim does some broadcasting stuff, maybe he can get Matt a job.
    Play like a Raven!
    User avatar
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:06 am
    Location: College Park, MD


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:47 pm
  • Happypuppy wrote:I'd like to see Matt local. He is comes across as honest and has good insights. Maybe KIRO or KJR and ESPN regional television ?


    Yep he makes me want to buy an Acura.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9075
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:03 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:Two very classy guys.


    This.
    hawkmanj
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 299
    Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:50 am


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:40 pm
  • I think Hass would make a great replacement for Jimmy "Limpy" Johnson on FOX NFL Sunday.
    Image
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    User avatar
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 600
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:55 pm
  • Tarvarus over Matt? Uhm no thanks. The guy is third string on the Bills for a reason. The fricken bills. Not activated for a single game this year. I'll take a QB that can read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly over a guy that doesn't use his mobility and can't read a defense or decide where to throw the ball all day long even though he limits himself to the right side of the field only.

    I don't hate Jackson but I hated him as our starter for good reason and all he did was prove me right by not even being able to earn at least the back up role on a team desperate for a good QB and a team that gave up a draft pick for him so you know they gave him a chance.

    This tough moniker is fabricated. Most QB's play with worse ailments than a (torn?) peck that didn't even need surgery after all. Hasselbeck played with broken ribs and only missed one game. Look around the league and you will see it is common place for QB's to play injured but we give Jackson god status because he played through an injury that apparently wasn't near as bad as we all suspected.

    I'll say Jackson was a good crash test dummy. Stood way to long in the pocket and when he did try and scramble, he would run right into defenders. Many QB's would end up on IR if they played the way he did but smart QB's don't do that. They read the defense and move the ball quickly so they don't get blasted time and time again.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2910
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:29 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:Tarvarus over Matt? Uhm no thanks. The guy is third string on the Bills for a reason. The fricken bills. Not activated for a single game this year. I'll take a QB that can read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly over a guy that doesn't use his mobility and can't read a defense or decide where to throw the ball all day long even though he limits himself to the right side of the field only.

    I don't hate Jackson but I hated him as our starter for good reason and all he did was prove me right by not even being able to earn at least the back up role on a team desperate for a good QB and a team that gave up a draft pick for him so you know they gave him a chance.

    This tough moniker is fabricated. Most QB's play with worse ailments than a (torn?) peck that didn't even need surgery after all. Hasselbeck played with broken ribs and only missed one game. Look around the league and you will see it is common place for QB's to play injured but we give Jackson god status because he played through an injury that apparently wasn't near as bad as we all suspected.

    I'll say Jackson was a good crash test dummy. Stood way to long in the pocket and when he did try and scramble, he would run right into defenders. Many QB's would end up on IR if they played the way he did but smart QB's don't do that. They read the defense and move the ball quickly so they don't get blasted time and time again.


    Ok, let's say you're right. How many wins did Matt have in his last season in Seattle? How many wins did he get each of the last 2 years in Tennessee? How many wins did Tarvaris Jackson get for the Seahawks last year?

    You are totally epitomizing what I'm speaking of here. You have your own set of "facts" like questioning his playing hurt and saying he really didn't essentially because he didn't need surgery. How many injuries require surgery? How many times did you Tarvaris get absolutely crushed? I saw it happen a lot. And he bounced back up every time but once. Hass would get smashed and would be day-to-day, out for weeks, etc. etc. He was constantly hurt and we were constantly having to prepare another QB for the last couple of years of his career.

    So Tarvaris wasn't activated all season? Really? Hmmm.... ok. Your last point.... smart QB's don't get hurt because they get rid of the ball? Then what you're saying is that the man who you claim is so smart is not smart at all, because Matt Hasselbeck was terrible at getting rid of the ball. Think of all of the idiotic turnovers he had by flipping the ball up at the last second in his last season in Seattle. That is why he wasn't offered the multi-year deal he wanted. He did NOT take care of the football. It cost the team games. I could give specific examples if I felt like it was worth my time. You're really missing the point here and it is this... Matt is washed up. He has been for several years. Tarvaris Jackson is a good BACK-UP QB and was able to win games for the Hawks last year, the record will show it. Of course.... there will be the counterargument which can't be proven (along with everything else you say) that the team won IN SPITE of Tarvaris. I could throw back that the team won in spite of Matt his last 2 years and would have won more. He had one good game really..... the playoff game against NO. The rest of the time he looked like crap. Which shows me a lot, because the guy considered to be the best backup QB in the game (Matt Flynn before Matt Flynn) in Charlie Whitehurst couldn't even beat him out, and Tarvaris was WAY better than Charlie. So to me... Tarvaris is better than Matt and is an ideal backup.

    The situation with the Bills this year has no bearing on what Tarvaris did for the Seahawks. You questioning his toughness is absolutely absurd. The team doesn't just randomly throw guys on the injury report for fun. The fact that he didn't have surgery tells you that he isn't tough. The fact that he took a beating while an offensive line learned a scheme means he isn't tough? It also means he isn't a team leader because he didn't come in and immediately replace the Bills starter this year who is making tons of cash and was the starter coming into the year and didn't get hurt? Ridiculous on all counts. Sorry.... just completely and totally ridiculous post that seems really trollific.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:43 am
  • Deep
    User avatar
    largenutz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 883
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:56 pm
    Location: Denver, Colorado


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:02 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:disagree. Hass would be a disaster behind this offensive line. Our backup needs to be mobile or at least not really old like Hass.

    Love him and his history here but that is just what it is...history.


    This is the truth. God forbid Russell Wilson goes down and we had to rely on Matt Hasselbeck behind this offensive line. Russ makes our O-line look a lot better than they are. With Hass under center, it would've been a sack-fest all season long. He was a great QB when the Hawks had a solid offensive line. Like in 2005.

    Matt Flynn is a much better backup at this point than Hasselbeck. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. He is one of my all-time favorite Seahawks. But he is in the twilight of his career.. I would like to see Hass come back to Seattle and play a role in the coaching staff. Maybe start as QB coach and possibly work his way up to offensive coordinator. Not sure how good he would be in that kind of position, but Matt is a pretty intelligent guy. So I think he would be a decent coach/coordinator.

    I have a feeling Matt will be back in Seattle eventually. I was thinking he would take over Moon or Raible's job as a radio commentator.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:15 am
  • T. Jackson.. Great guy, wonderful teammate (I hear) and tough as nails. But as an actual NFL quarterback, lets not kid ourselves here. Jackson had very raw talent that was never properly developed. He's kind of like Tim Tebow, except he can throw a little better. Tarvaris Jackson is a second string on a last place team type of quarterback, AT BEST. I think the Bills are utilizing him well, as a third string quarterback. I hate to talk down on a guy with great character like this (especially when he has more talent than me, who am I anyway..?), but its the sad reality...

    I think T-Jack would be alright in the CFL though. Not saying that as an insult. I would really like to see how he would do up in the Canadian league.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:44 am
  • Will always be a Matt fan. Glad he left. Kudos for the shout out.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9091
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:53 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:Tarvarus over Matt? Uhm no thanks. The guy is third string on the Bills for a reason. The fricken bills. Not activated for a single game this year. I'll take a QB that can read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly over a guy that doesn't use his mobility and can't read a defense or decide where to throw the ball all day long even though he limits himself to the right side of the field only.

    I don't hate Jackson but I hated him as our starter for good reason and all he did was prove me right by not even being able to earn at least the back up role on a team desperate for a good QB and a team that gave up a draft pick for him so you know they gave him a chance.

    This tough moniker is fabricated. Most QB's play with worse ailments than a (torn?) peck that didn't even need surgery after all. Hasselbeck played with broken ribs and only missed one game. Look around the league and you will see it is common place for QB's to play injured but we give Jackson god status because he played through an injury that apparently wasn't near as bad as we all suspected.

    I'll say Jackson was a good crash test dummy. Stood way to long in the pocket and when he did try and scramble, he would run right into defenders. Many QB's would end up on IR if they played the way he did but smart QB's don't do that. They read the defense and move the ball quickly so they don't get blasted time and time again.


    Whats funny is Tarvaris' one year here was better than Matt's last year here.

    Hasselbeck 2010:
    SEA
    14 266 444 59.9 3,001 6.76 12 87 17 6 40.4 73.2

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... hasselbeck

    12 TD's and 17 INT? You would want that backing up Wilson? also add in the zero mobility and less than admirable arm

    Tarvaris Jackson 2011:
    SEA
    15 271 450 60.2 3,091 6.87 14 61 13 5 37.7 79.2

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... is-jackson

    Slightly better, but almost similar. Less INT's and more TD's, and a tad higher rating. I'd rather have this on my bench behind Wilson, a better arm and a lot better mobility and a dude that'll lay it on the line, not to mention TJacks younger.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18809
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:29 am
  • Except that Jacksons only year here he had a much better receiving core, OC, Defense, O-line, running game and schedule.

    How's he doing in Buffalo?
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2910
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:37 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:Except that Jacksons only year here he had a much better receiving core, OC, Defense, O-line, running game and schedule.

    How's he doing in Buffalo?


    Well, Hass couldn't get on the field unless Locker was hurt, and Locker was terrible.

    You have a sentimental attachment to Hasselbeck, we get it. but based on age alone he loses to Jackson. Add in those final seasons here, and there is no comparison. It's over dude.

    Doesn't matter, neither one is coming back here IMO. Unless they sign Hass to one of those one dollar one day retirement party contracts.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10585
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:52 am
  • we're still getting Jackson hate here?

    I'm sure Wilson would have struggled with a torn pec and a receiving corps consisting of pre2012 Tate, Obomanu, Ricardo Lockette, Deon Butler and Doug Baldwin.

    Maybe not 14TDs 13INTs struggle, but that's still a better season than the following quarterbacks put up:

    Ryan Tannehill, Jake Locker, Chad Henne, Blaine Gabbert, Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassel & Brady Quinn, everyone that started for Arizona, hell, his QB rating last year was even better than Luck's this year and people are talking about him seriously for rookie of the year.


    Jackson isn't the answer if you want a QB who'll go out and put the team on his back on the way to victory, but there are only a handful of guys in the league like that and NONE of them are backups, there's probably only about 10-12 of them in the league. However, he's much more of a fit for our current system than Hasselbeck.

    Just look at the Rams game, Wilson is one of the most elusive QBs in the game and got sacked what, 6 times? He avoided probably 6 more. Jackson would probably avoid 3 of those. Hasselbeck would get hit every single time
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2338
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:57 am
  • I love Wilson but he does hold the ball a very long time. The way you avoid sacks with that kind of pressure is to get rid of the ball quickly. I'm not sure why so many assume that every other QB in the NFL would get sacked as much when most good QB's beat those blitzes by reading the defense and changing the play call and/or getting rid of the ball quickly. Hasselbeck s QB rating went up when he was blitzed not the other way around.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2910
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:46 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:I love Wilson but he does hold the ball a very long time. The way you avoid sacks with that kind of pressure is to get rid of the ball quickly. I'm not sure why so many assume that every other QB in the NFL would get sacked as much when most good QB's beat those blitzes by reading the defense and changing the play call and/or getting rid of the ball quickly. Hasselbeck s QB rating went up when he was blitzed not the other way around.

    Maybe so, but Pete hated the interceptions.
    Matt was prone to making bad decissions and threw the ball up for grabs in his last couple Seasons here, which drove Pete nuts.
    Jackson was too much of a statue, and couldn't even beat out Flynn.
    Pete loves Wilson for several reasons, mobility to buy time, uses the whole field (un-Jackson), has earned the respect of his team mates (like Jackson) makes big plays even when the protection breaks down, and runs like a RB hellbent for first down, or better,
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3366
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:01 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:I love Wilson but he does hold the ball a very long time. The way you avoid sacks with that kind of pressure is to get rid of the ball quickly. I'm not sure why so many assume that every other QB in the NFL would get sacked as much when most good QB's beat those blitzes by reading the defense and changing the play call and/or getting rid of the ball quickly. Hasselbeck s QB rating went up when he was blitzed not the other way around.


    most of those sacks came within 1.5 seconds of the ball being snapped, the ones he held on to for "too long" were wilson extending the play through mobility but ultimately failing to get away rather than throwing the ball into dangerous territory (something Hass did a lot)
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2338
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:30 pm
  • Hass is class, however, the only way I want him back on the team is to retire a Seahawk.
    Image
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22143
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:18 pm
  • Thinking this debate could be the ultimate acid flashback to last yr. All thats needed is a clipboard Jesus sighting.
    homerun1970
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 114
    Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:16 am
    Location: Northern CA


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:27 pm
  • Hass is definitely guilty of trying to hard but the alternative with the weapons he had and the defense giving points like a sieve was to play conservative and simply lose. There wasn't a single aspect of our team that was stepping up. It's the same reason you have Hass diving into end zones and getting broken ribs. The other option was settle for field goals. There is a reason BMW had a decent year. It sounds good to say Mastt just threw bad pass's but really ignores the play calling by an OC that fired and the lack of targets to throw to.

    I'm not saying Matt was perfect but trying to use examples of the 11 season with Rice and Baldwin a good run game and top 10 defense that doesn't force you into making things happen, is not a realistic comparison. Does anyone believe Jackson could have dug us out of any kid of losing position? If you do then go back and watch the season again because he proved he could not.

    What if you took away Rice and Baldwin and our defense went back to 31st in the league with no running game and a tougher schedule, do you think Jackson would have excelled in that environment? What if he was learning a new playbook and receiving core at the same time?
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2910
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson
Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:31 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Hass is class, however, the only way I want him back on the team is to retire a Seahawk.



    Agreed, it would be cool to see Matt retire as a Seahawk. After 30 years of watching the Seahawks he is the one QB who took us to the Superbowl. He will always hold a place of honor in my house.
    User avatar
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1115
    Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 pm


Next


It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information