Hasselbeck tweet to Wilson

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Matthew Hasselbeck ‏@Hasselbeck
@dangerusswilson Congrats on a great season.
Expand

Russell Wilson ‏@DangeRussWilson
@Hasselbeck Thanks so much man it has been a pleasure watching you over the years. ...such an #inspiration

Seeker

Reaction score
Translation "You got the juice now kid."

chris98251

Reaction score
Got to love Hass, guess he still has a soft spot for our Hawks. Nice to see the vet supporting the rookie also.

OP
OP
VancitySeahawk

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
If we trade Flynn this off season Hasselbeck would be a great veteran back up.

The Radish

Reaction score
I mentioned earlier I think it would have been great if he could be here in some capacity to enjoy this with us.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":5mcm80nu said:
VancitySeahawk":5mcm80nu said:
If we trade Flynn this off season Hasselbeck would be a great veteran back up.

beat me to it Vancity !! :bow:

disagree. Hass would be a disaster behind this offensive line. Our backup needs to be mobile or at least not really old like Hass.

Love him and his history here but that is just what it is...history.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hass is a great guy, glad he was the one that took Seattle to the Super Bowl. Nice to see him give kudos to the next guy that will take us there.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Only time I want to see Hasselbeck in a Hawks jersey is when he raises the 12 flag.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I loved Matt. But his career would have ended already if he were here last year. Thank Tarvaris Jackson for holding it together with such an awful line. He did more for this current squad than Matt did (look how many guys on the team now played with Matt as compared to those who played with Tarvaris).

Now for those who want to bash.... Matt was my favorite player. I don't think Tarvaris ever would have led us to 11 wins. But the intense love for Matt juxtapositioned with the intense hate for Tarvaris Jackson makes zero sense to me right now when considering where we are today. I love Matt for what he did in the mid-2000's and will never forget it. His 2007 season was epic on a really crappy team.

If we go shopping for backups, I'd love to have T-Jack back. He is a team guy all the way, is tougher than hell, and would probably be willing to play FB if they asked him to. I think Russell doesn't need a "coaching" backup. He needs somebody to vent to and talk to and get along with. Sort of like Matt had with Trent. Trent wasn't threatening him for his job, but Trent had a good arm and was a great teammate. Same with Seneca. He was a great backup, because he could run the ball and was always watching and charting and involved in discussions (not a guy with a best seat in the house on the bench collecting a hefty paycheck).

I still like Matt. I'm glad he follows our team, because I think he'd be surprised at how many Hawks fans follow him in Tennessee (myself included). I want to see him sail off into retirement without suffering permanent injury beyond what he already has and own the NFL Network or ESPN as a broadcaster that I actually enjoy listening to and who makes me laugh out loud frequently.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I'd love Matt back here, but really in a coaches role.

SilNWest

Reaction score
I'm with ya Shark, even though Tarvaris wasn't a great quarterback, he was a dude his team mates would rally behind. He was just such a tough, team-oriented SOB. He would never throw anyone under the bus, and his team mates loved him.