Sherman and baiting

fav13259

Reaction score
I loved seeing Sherm end up with the INT to end the game. He has been baiting QBs and WRs all year. Don't get me wrong, it's great but I wonder... Can Ringworm Sherm be baited into baiting the QB, thus nullifying his greatest skill?

I'm not a Xs and Os kinda guy but is it possible OCs and coaches start game planning with this in mind? i.e. Teams running go routes at Sherman all day and then suddenly run short routes 5 and outs, hook routes, etc. Ok, ok, maybe this example isn't the best but you guys get what I'm saying, right?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Sherm will just bait the QB into baiting him into baiting the QB.

chris98251

Reaction score
fav13259":22bkrwgc said:
I loved seeing Sherm end up with the INT to end the game. He has been baiting QBs and WRs all year. Don't get me wrong, it's great but I wonder... Can Ringworm Sherm be baited into baiting the QB, thus nullifying his greatest skill?

I'm not a Xs and Os kinda guy but is it possible OCs and coaches start game planning with this in mind? i.e. Teams running go routes at Sherman all day and then suddenly run short routes 5 and outs, hook routes, etc. Ok, ok, maybe this example isn't the best but you guys get what I'm saying, right?

His first responsibility is the deep routes, underneath stuff like you talking about is a lot of LB and slot guy coverage. I can assure you they have been trying to figure ou how to get him out of position all season. Being a WR and watching one set up and try to get off the line you get a feel for what they are trying to run.

nanomoz

Reaction score
If I caught Sherm batin', I'd save a side of sauce and turkey baste it into my wife.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sherm baited Tom Brady into a pick. It will take a special damn dude to bait the baiter.

rjdriver

Reaction score
nanomoz":2mfvup24 said:
If I caught Sherm batin', I'd save a side of sauce and turkey baste it into my wife.

Hahahaha

I'll take the leftovers

OP
OP
F

fav13259

Reaction score
I think you said it best, "trying to get him out of position," just hasn't happened much this season or last.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Sherm baited that guy into effing up his urine sample. I know it!

He's a baddass

nanomoz

Reaction score
rjdriver":e6w4932v said:
nanomoz":e6w4932v said:

Hahahaha

I'll take the leftovers

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    150 KB · Views: 1,916

nanomoz

Reaction score
rjdriver":1547vu4u said:
Sherm baited that guy into effing up his urine sample. I know it!

He's a baddass

HA! HA!

Sherm baited the NFL just to make NYGoodell look like a bitch.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I tell ya what, if they want to make it into a game of chess out there (which is really is anyway), I will lay my bets Sherm....My Brotha is just a very intelligent dude and will win the majority of those bets My Brotha.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Sherman baited Harbaugh into not drafting him so he could eventually make him his bitch

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SNDavidson":1po9drpf said:
baiters gonna bait

idiocracy.jpg

Twisted

Reaction score
thats not really how it works is it?

theres really no way to bait a defender into baiting then turning it against him other than taking a lot off the ball for like the first half against defenders that don't know your real arm speed? Brady tries it now and then but it rarely works as everyone knows his true arm speed so Brady basically has to rely on his receivers to simply get open, but he does try to throw off the defense with ball speed and it is effective to a degree but not enough to change any given plays risk percentage, meaning, its nothing you can scheme or design plays around effectively...

obviously if the defender can step inside and int the ball they can knock it down, as a defender you always know, A. how much time it takes for the ball to get to the receiver at ANY given time and B. how much time it takes you to get to the receiver at any given time, B is never greater than A, if it is you got beat...

baiting is just allowing a buffer hoping your pass rush can panic the QB into making a bad throw while giving the defender room to impact the play if the ball is not thrown in his zone, and thats what happened, QB made a bad throw, wasn't anything Sherm did out of the ordinary, what he gets paid to do, pick up the pieces..