Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Wilson: unselfish
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:46 pm 
NET Rookie

Running that TD when he could have passed it to get the record. That's putting the team first, giving the Seahawks a W and extra momentum going into the playoffs instead of thinking about himself and the record... God I love our QB

Post subject: Re: Wilson: unselfish
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:48 pm 
NET Practice Squad

I would've been happier if he passed there. He had an open man.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:50 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Russell deserved the record, plus they were offsides so it was a free play. But he made the play to help the "team" win the game so I'll take it.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:52 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

That's exactly what I thought. They gave him the play to get it. Rather than risk anything for it all, he played it safe and ran it in. Well done, Russell! And congrats on tying a really, really big record!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:53 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Is it just regular season that counts for the record? I can't find anything that says it cannot continue next week in the WC round.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:55 pm 
NET Veteran

I think that him running it in speaks more about the type of QB he is more than breaking the rookie record would. Him giving up fame for himself for the better of the team epitomizes "DangeRuss"

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:56 pm 
NET Veteran

Seahawk Sailor wrote:
That's exactly what I thought. They gave him the play to get it. Rather than risk anything for it all, he played it safe and ran it in. Well done, Russell! And congrats on tying a really, really big record!

It's just regular season. All records are held to that standard unless otherwise mentioned. The only ones usually mentioned are consecutive streaks, and even they show different stats for both.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:58 pm 
NET Veteran

Seahawk Sailor wrote:

He was probably just too nervous to break the record :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:59 pm 
* NET Baller *

He wanted it though, just watch his body on that run lol.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:59 pm 
NET Veteran

Seahawk Sailor wrote:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Russell wanted it and I'm sure everyone wanted it. Then he just said screw it and ran it in for the touchdown. Now I'm just hoping Wilson gets the OROY which he rightfully deserves.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:01 pm 
*The Prophet*

RW is all about team wins and not individual stats. That's a leader. If he throws it, he could miss it, could be batted down, ... etc. He is confident in his legs ... just go get it and he did.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:05 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

I highly doubt he was even thinking about the record during the play. He only cares about winning games.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:19 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

He was thinking about it. He said in post game that he was about to toss it to, I think Zach, but that breaking the record isn't who he is so he ran it in.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:27 pm 
NET Rookie

That was an awesome play. I was telling my wife all about it and said, "See you can tell he was thinking of shovel passing it right there, but he pulled it back and did the sure thing." He's a total class act. I love how honest he is about everything, it seems. When interviewed on NFL Network, I think, he said,"Yeah I think bout being compared to those other guys (other rookie QB's) and yeah I want to be the best." That said he will always put team first. Super cool!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:30 pm 
NET Veteran

How many TD's did Payton rush for that season anyway? I mean what is the rookie QB record for total TD's?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:47 am 
NET Veteran

Timberhawk wrote:
That was an awesome play. I was telling my wife all about it and said, "See you can tell he was thinking of shovel passing it right there, but he pulled it back and did the sure thing." He's a total class act. I love how honest he is about everything, it seems. When interviewed on NFL Network, I think, he said,"Yeah I think bout being compared to those other guys (other rookie QB's) and yeah I want to be the best." That said he will always put team first. Super cool!

Totally. I could see he was thinking about it during the play and decided screw it and run it in, because that's what was open.
I was hoping he'd pass it, but he knew running was the correct read and sure thing, and he couldn't help himself, with the game on the line.
Too bad the Rams didn't cut off the run and force him to throw for it.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:52 am 
* NET Moderator *

brimsalabim wrote:
How many TD's did Payton rush for that season anyway? I mean what is the rookie QB record for total TD's?

I dont know if its the record or not but Cam Newton had 35 last year. 21 throwing, 14 rushing.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:45 am 
NET Rookie

joeseahawks wrote:
RW is all about team wins and not individual stats. That's a leader. If he throws it, he could miss it, could be batted down, ... etc. He is confident in his legs ... just go get it and he did.

Exactly! :th2thumbs:

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]