The Dolphin game cost us the #2 seed.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • cesame wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:
    cesame wrote:Only in position because of the Packers game

    It ALWAYS goes both ways


    Except the Packers game was the right call. The wrong call in that game was the phantom PI against us that kept their go ahead scoring drive alive on what would have been a 4th down.


    Stop.

    Just stop.
    :34853_doh: :177692:
    Why? he's right!
    Maybe you should "just stop"!?!?
    The APP (Amateur Post Police) out in spades tonight !
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11942
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • Cant boil anything down to one play, or even one game. If thing's went how 'they're supposed to' the NFL season would be over in August. If San Fran had done what everyone expected and beat St Louis twice we wouldnt be having this convo. At the end of the day we're playoff bound with a team on a hot streak, our future is in our own hands now so GO HAWKS
    Seahawk from across the pond! Undersized CB for the Leeds Celtics
    User avatar
    toadie_uk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 133
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:19 am


  • That's why I was so livid and critical after those losses. They hurt us, especially the Miami game, as it was late in the season. We've played about as well as a team can play since then, but it was too late.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3740
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


  • Coulda shoulda woulda
    Image
    User avatar
    Minne
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1118
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 2:30 pm
    Location: Camano Island


  • Hawks46 wrote:That's why I was so livid and critical after those losses. They hurt us, especially the Miami game, as it was late in the season. We've played about as well as a team can play since then, but it was too late.


    exactly!
    Seahawk from across the pond! Undersized CB for the Leeds Celtics
    User avatar
    toadie_uk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 133
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:19 am


  • I think JSeahawks is trolling. LOL!
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9340
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Why? he's right!
    Maybe you should "just stop"!?!?
    The APP (Amateur Post Police) out in spades tonight !


    No, he's not right. Thinking he is is ridiculous.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1661
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


  • Seriously I did not even think we would make it to the playoffs, so I am really happy, no loss at Clink and a playoff punched in. Really great season.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 638
    Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:15 pm


  • Agree, the Fins game cost us.
    Keyhawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 198
    Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:01 pm


  • Things like this are an exercise in futility. Every team loses games they "shouldn't," so if we want to say things like this we need to look at the other teams and they games they dropped as well.

    I remember after that game saying that a playoff team doesn't lose that game, so I'm content with where we are at.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8798
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


  • drdiags wrote:I think JSeahawks is trolling. LOL!


    Always Doc, always!
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18609
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • So what? I don't get the fixation on the close games we lost and not thinking about the close games we won.

    It's all part of the process, I like where were at and I'm not going to play the "What if" game.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1645
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


  • Between the 49ers and Seahawks, there are 17 different outcomes you could point to as the difference maker. The Dolphins game was just one of those outcomes.

    Me, I'm taking the high road and blaming the Rams. Jeff Fisher shouldn't have taken that delay of game in OT dammit!
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11233
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


  • The good thing about SF @ #2 seed is we won't have to play both SF and GB. That'd be a brutal back to back on the road to the SB.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent fails to hard work"
    User avatar
    CHawks4L
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 269
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:01 am
    Location: Gig Harbor, WA


  • cesame wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Why? he's right!
    Maybe you should "just stop"!?!?
    The APP (Amateur Post Police) out in spades tonight !


    No, he's not right. Thinking he is is ridiculous.

    Yes, he IS right. You're part of the mob that should be ashamed of yourselves.

    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... git/17706/

    Step One: Control

    Anyways, the very first frame shows the most important element that so many have missed: Golden Tate controls the ball before Jennings.

    This video from another analysis does a good job of showing the zoomed-in view, and Tate gets his left hand in between Jennings and makes the one-handed catch before Jennings closes his hands around the ball. Here is a cap from that video.


    Image

    Hardly the best quality, but you can see Jennings’ helmet and space between his hands and the ball as Tate catches it first. Here are the first four frames to show the point of first contact with the ball (click here for huge image).


    Image

    In the first frame the ball has yet to arrive. It does in the second, and it is stopped by Tate’s left hand with Jennings yet to touch it. The ball does not even move in the third and fourth frames, as Tate’s hand is holding it up the whole time as Jennings wraps his two hands around it.

    Tate controls the ball with his left hand throughout the whole play. He controlled the ball even before Jennings did, because he touched it first as we have already seen. He has control, and you do not need two hands or arms for control. It is ridiculous how people are ignoring the fact that one-handed catches are made all the time.


    You should read the rest, it continues showing clearly that it was a legitimate catch and even shows Tate got his feet down first as well.

    You should stop it.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4778
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


  • It was a catch. Sure, there was OPI on Tate that was ignored, but so what? The refs got the catch part correct.
    I'm with others, let's call it the "Wail Mary" play because of pathetic Wailing of butt-hurt Packer fans.
    There was minimal media attention for the Super Bowl XL officiating debacle.
    All Packers had to do was beat the Vikings today. Still wailing... hope their silly fixation with that game gets them beat against the Vikings in round 1.
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 713
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


Re: The Dolphin game cost us the #2 seed.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:25 pm
  • I think that Miami game kicked this team into gear honestly... the team was pisssssed after that... and Wilson knew he had to get a td in ot vs the bears because he couldnt trust the defense.
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:16 pm


Re: The Dolphin game cost us the #2 seed.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:09 pm
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:
    cesame wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Why? he's right!
    Maybe you should "just stop"!?!?
    The APP (Amateur Post Police) out in spades tonight !


    No, he's not right. Thinking he is is ridiculous.

    Yes, he IS right. You're part of the mob that should be ashamed of yourselves.

    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... git/17706/

    Step One: Control

    Anyways, the very first frame shows the most important element that so many have missed: Golden Tate controls the ball before Jennings.

    This video from another analysis does a good job of showing the zoomed-in view, and Tate gets his left hand in between Jennings and makes the one-handed catch before Jennings closes his hands around the ball. Here is a cap from that video.


    Image

    Hardly the best quality, but you can see Jennings’ helmet and space between his hands and the ball as Tate catches it first. Here are the first four frames to show the point of first contact with the ball (click here for huge image).


    Image

    In the first frame the ball has yet to arrive. It does in the second, and it is stopped by Tate’s left hand with Jennings yet to touch it. The ball does not even move in the third and fourth frames, as Tate’s hand is holding it up the whole time as Jennings wraps his two hands around it.

    Tate controls the ball with his left hand throughout the whole play. He controlled the ball even before Jennings did, because he touched it first as we have already seen. He has control, and you do not need two hands or arms for control. It is ridiculous how people are ignoring the fact that one-handed catches are made all the time.


    You should read the rest, it continues showing clearly that it was a legitimate catch and even shows Tate got his feet down first as well.

    You should stop it.


    :192214:
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1675
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: The Dolphin game cost us the #2 seed.
Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:27 pm
  • The Rams giving that tie game to SF is what cost us the #2 seed...
    Image
    User avatar
    chawx
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1106
    Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Salt Lake City, UT


  • Sorry, your horribly pixelated photos prove nothing.

    Not only was it blatant pass pass interference, it was also an interception. The only people that don't think so are Seahawks fans (shocking).
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1661
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


  • Let me quote from Shakespeare's Macbeth:

    Shakespeare wrote:Things without all remedy should be without regard: what's done is done.


    In other words, move on already.
    Escamillo
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 258
    Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:54 pm


  • We could play the what-if game all day. Honestly I think it was those losses and that 6-5 record that motivated this team to turn it around and get to 11-5. I wouldn't trade our struggles for anything.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


Re: The Dolphin game cost us the #2 seed.
Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:10 am
  • cesame wrote:Sorry, your horribly pixelated photos prove nothing.

    Not only was it blatant pass pass interference, it was also an interception. The only people that don't think so are Seahawks fans (shocking).



    Please find one instance in the history of the NFL that an offensive pass interference has ever been called on a hail Mary and I will happily agree with you but if you can't find one then will you agree with me? If not then I think you are the one being
    ridiculous and ignoring facts that are put in front of you.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3026
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am




It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information