We needed a close game after having three blowout victories.

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
This was big, I didnt want to go into the playoffs with four straight blow outs. This come back from behind victory was exactly what we needed, a close tight game.

ScarScream

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":3vraeh65 said:
This was big, I didnt want to go into the playoffs with four straight blow outs. This come back from behind victory was exactly what we needed, a close tight game.

:lol:

Axx

Reaction score
i wanted to go into the playoffs not having any blatant weaknesses, looks like the side of the o-line is where everyone's going to exploit us, and the pass rush was the worst all year long.

But then again i dont think to many coaches in the play offs are smarter than Jeff Fisher

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
I agree actually. From a psychological standpoint, I think this will prevent players from going into cruise control. Not that they would be lacking motivation going into a playoff game, but still, it will help.

I loved seeing Sherm with the INT at the end though. :D

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
ScarScream":219vihb5 said:
VancitySeahawk":219vihb5 said:

Shocker, a 9ers fan shows up here after they win....

Unless you plan on contributing, please leave or I will help you along.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Putting Easy Sweezy out there and making Moffit inactive is the coaches' equivalent of Sherman baiting the QB. Show the other guys something that isn't really there, then WHAM!

ScarScream

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1w65nljc said:

Just saying.. You guys would have won with a blowout you would have been screaming SB all night long.

Winning in the last seconds of the game? Same thing.

Just a funny observation. No need to feel all touchy.

I mean it's like your "we lost the 2nd seed because of the Dolphins game" thread.

What do you think about Akers missing 2 game winning FGs in 2 games against the Rams? #2 seed for you guys would have been out of the question if it wasn't for that.

Like some other Seahawk fan on this board said. It goes both ways.

Good win for you guys and great job on making the playoffs. Here's to hoping we meet you guys again at Candlestick.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
ScarScream said:
What do you think about Akers missing 2 game winning FGs in 2 games against the Rams? #2 seed for you guys would have been out of the question if it wasn't for that.
I think that's exactly what Akers does, is choke when it's on the line. He's like Feeley in that way. And you're stuck with him. That's what I think about Akers.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm neither here nor there on the subject of close game/blowout. I trust the coaching staff to have guys prepared for playoffs. If the team's focus in the playoffs was affected by big victory margins closing out the season, it'd be quite an idictment of the character of the team and/or the coaches' handle on the team.

But: the fans on these boards definitely underrated the Ram defense. Their defensive line is for real. It's deep. It's young. And it'll pose challenges going forward.

ScarScream

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2igy0obp said:
ScarScream":2igy0obp said:
I think that's exactly what Akers does, is choke when it's on the line. He's like Feeley in that way. And you're stuck with him. That's what I think about Akers.

Yeah except Akers beat the record for FGs made last season. And he's been playing injured for the bigger part of the year..

bellingerga

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":22qy5zmb said:
ScarScream":22qy5zmb said:
VancitySeahawk":22qy5zmb said:

thats right, bout to get an absolut smackdown

Mjolnir

Reaction score
The Rams are a good team. Now we can see clearly how they tied SF and even beat them. They are disciplined and smart. They play just as physical and we and SF do. They have some good players who are young and only going to get better. I see great Hawk/Ram matchups in the future.

Jeff Fisher is a good coach, no doubt about it.

Incredible to me though how we simply can't muster up any type of pass rush whatsoever. I wonder if it is due to the lack of strength or aggressiveness in our DL, or is is scheme?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":27laobf2 said:
I agree actually. From a psychological standpoint, I think this will prevent players from going into cruise control. Not that they would be lacking motivation going into a playoff game, but still, it will help.

I loved seeing Sherm with the INT at the end though. :D

Close victories are great as long as the performances on both sides of the ball, from both teams, was sound. In this case, a weakness was exposed on our side, and I'm not liking it much at all. When you look at WHY the score was tight, it was because our QB was getting battered and chased around way too much. If the OL was worth a damn in pass pro, the score wouldn't have been so close.

We all know Wilson is the Ice Man in any situation, so I don't see any benefit in him getting sacked 6 times and harrassed on multiple others. Would there be a benefit from a 'psychological standpoint' if we lost RW for the post season? He's already hard as nails from a mental standpoint, so I see no postives from a 'let him get sacked several times to toughen him up' approach (sarcastic joke).

A close, hard fought, well-played game is one thing. The Defense played well enough to give us a chance, the run game was working well enought of to give us chance. The QB was definitely playing well enough to give us a chance, DESPITE the OL's best attempts to get him flattened...That doesn't settle well with me.

I'll definitely take the win, but if if you want to see close-fought games that toughened up an entire team metally, see some of the old Pittsburge/Houston games from the seventies.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
ScarScream":1k24y5n9 said:
AbsolutNET":1k24y5n9 said:

Just saying.. You guys would have won with a blowout you would have been screaming SB all night long.

Winning in the last seconds of the game? Same thing.

Just a funny observation. No need to feel all touchy.

I mean it's like your "we lost the 2nd seed because of the Dolphins game" thread.

Like some other Seahawk fan on this board said. It goes both ways.

Good win for you guys and great job on making the playoffs. Here's to hoping we meet you guys again at Candlestick.

Where were you last week?

djb28

Reaction score
Well. Most teams don't have a Mr Long on that side. Did the best they could and we won.