Interesting DVOA stat

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
The 2010 Seahawks were the second wrost team by DVOA to ever makes the play-offs. (2004 Rams).

Now, the 2012 Seahawks have the chance of being the 2nd best team to ever make the playoffs (1991 Redskins).

That is what I call a good trend.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Wow. Sad and interesting that the Seahawks have ties to the worst two teams ever to make the playoffs - were the second, lost to the first. Bleh!

But the fact that we're coming into this as the second best (and as a probable wild card!) is pretty amazing. This team is starting to look like a legitimate contender for at least the next few years. Our "window of opportunity" is just starting to open, and we're already a strong team going into this year's playoffs. That's a pretty good place to be as an organization.

Edit: and an interesting quote from Bradshaw regarding this sort of thing:

FOX SPORTS: NFL ‏@NFLONFOX
Our Terry Bradshaw: "If the #BEARS make the playoffs, they will be the worst team to make it in." #NFLSUNDAY #Week17

I know it's not DVOA, but hey.

Perfundle

Reaction score
I went through Football Outsiders' entire history and calculated this. It turns out Seattle has had the biggest two-year increase in DVOA, at least since 1991.

kearly

Reaction score
Perfundle":3aisdheo said:
I went through Football Outsiders' entire history and calculated this. It turns out Seattle has had the biggest two-year increase in DVOA, at least since 1991.

Sounds right. I would assume the second biggest rise isn't all that close.

RufusPorter

Reaction score
Were the 04 Rams really that bad? Wow that says alot if you guys remember they friggin swept us in the division and won here at the clink for the playoffs.

Man that game hurt.