Best place to watch in Vancouver BC

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
Hey all,

Im on vacation in Vancouver BC and was wondering where the best place to watch our Hawks would be. Im staying downtown and I have a car.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Thanks!

BeerHawker

Reaction score
Sports bars have not been so good in downtown Vancouver over the years. Right downtown, a decent bet is the Lennox Pub, at the Corner of Granville and Robson. You can call and see if the sound will be on for the Seahawks' game. They have many screens, OK beers and decent food.

The Donnelly Group runs a number of bars that have good beer and food and many screens.

They have a newer one in an old bar location now called the Butcher and Bullock at 911 Pender. I haven't been there since it changed ownership to the Donnelly Group. It was a very spacious dump with bad reception screens and warm beer and bad sight lines for the TV's, but the new owners run the best string of bars in Vancouver, all with screens, decent craft beers and good food. They advertise NFL Sundays on line at this location, so this might be a very good bet. Hopefully they have improved the screens, etc. Others in the chain include The Lamplighter in Gastown, the Cinema Public House on Granville and Library Square at the (duh) Library on Georgia Street.

If you like outstanding craft beer and want to venture out of the downtown core, I recommend the Tap and Barrel in Olympic Village, on Athletes' Way. Very nice, new place, right on the water with great views. Sit at the bar downstairs. The bartenders are all Hawks' fans. No sound, though. Poutine is excellent, as are the pizzas.

Another option, where sound might be on, is Original Joe's, at the corner of Cambie and Broadway. The usual bartender is a whiners' fan, so the sound is generally on for their games instead of the Hawks' games, and that's why I boycott that place.

Other options are the bar side of the Rogue on Broadway (two blocks west of Cambie) and, a little farther west, the Academic on Broadway (at Fir), which is a block west of Granville). The Academic might be empty on Sunday PM, in which case they'll put the sound on. It is also a Donnelly Group bar. They have yet another location on West 4th Ave. called Bimini's.

You probably won't find a bar with a dozen fans in Hawks' jerseys. And you probably won't find a bar that will have the sound on for your game unless you can talk them into it.

Rainger

Reaction score
Screw Vancouver. Hop on the Ferry to Vancouver Island. (you have time for an afternoon game). See a great city in Victoria BC.

Go to My Bar & Grill at 310 Gorge Road East in the Howard Johnson hotel and I guarantee you will have the Hawk game on 5 tvs, sound and $4.50 pints which is the cheapest in BC.

Plus I will arrange a room for you for $45.

OP
OP
J

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
Hey thanks man, I appreciate the reply. It sounds like I am going to have to get lucky to watch the game with the sound on. I was hoping to find an exclusive Seahawks bar. I think I am going to try the G Sports Bar and Grill because it is close to my hotel in Yaletown, and they said I can request the sound on the hawks game if I get there early enough.

OP
OP
J

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
rainger":1y1uyyeh said:
Screw Vancouver. Hop on the Ferry to Vancouver Island. (you have time for an afternoon game). See a great city in Victoria BC.

Go to My Bar & Grill at 310 Gorge Road East in the Howard Johnson hotel and I guarantee you will have the Hawk game on 5 tvs, sound and $4.50 pints which is the cheapest in BC.

Haha that would be cool, but I am going to Victoria on the 1st for 3 nights.

Rainger

Reaction score
Jake Hawks":2m02h27t said:
rainger":2m02h27t said:

Well My birthday is on the 1st and I am here and I am associated with My Bar we are having a big bash at the bar New Years Eve. Contact me and I will share some info when u get here and we can meet up and talk hawks. I have been with the hawks since 76 well actually 75 as the hype of getting a team was gripping Seattle.

I am also the only person to my knowledge in Victoria BC or even Vancouver Island that is a .netter

BeerHawker

Reaction score
I didn't suggest the G, because so many guys can't seem to find the G spot.

OP
OP
J

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
rainger":3l6hnvtl said:
Jake Hawks":3l6hnvtl said:
rainger":3l6hnvtl said:

Well My birthday is on the 1st and I am here and I am associated with My Bar we are having a big bash at the bar New Years Eve. Contact me and I will share some info when u get here and we can meet up and talk hawks. I have been with the hawks since 76 well actually 75 as the hype of getting a team was gripping Seattle.

I am also the only person to my knowledge in Victoria BC or even Vancouver Island that is a .netter
will definately have to stop by your bar and have a couple drinks with the wife. Let me know when you will be working.

Rainger

Reaction score
will definately have to stop by your bar and have a couple drinks with the wife. Let me know when you will be working.[/quote]

I dont work there my Girl Friend owns it. (I am retired, I just sit there and drink for free, great job if you can get it LOL) Send me a PM with your mobile number and I will text you and we can make arrangements.