Uh oh NFC...Legion of Boom is back!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Uh oh NFC...Legion of Boom is back!
Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:33 pm
  • Just in time for the playoffs. Welcome back BB! Let the Super Bowl run begin!
    User avatar
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 809
    Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am


Re: Uh oh NFC...Legion of Boom is back!
Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:34 pm
  • Boo-yah.......BB and Sherm for president 2013
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2013
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:08 pm


Re: Uh oh NFC...Legion of Boom is back!
Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:55 pm
  • BB will be rusty... yeah?

    Hope not. And I am sooooooo done with Trufant.
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    User avatar
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 290
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:44 pm
    Location: Washington


Re: Uh oh NFC...Legion of Boom is back!
Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:56 pm
  • Trufant had a great game today. May have been his last but a great game.
    Image

    "The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 7885
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Uh oh NFC...Legion of Boom is back!
Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:58 pm
  • Hawk-A-Loogie wrote:BB will be rusty... yeah?

    Hope not. And I am sooooooo done with Trufant.


    If I recall I think Trufant saved us from going to OT. He might be getting old, but he did a great job today!
    User avatar
    rsm650
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 383
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:45 pm
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA


Re: Uh oh NFC...Legion of Boom is back!
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:01 pm
  • Aros wrote:Trufant had a great game today. May have been his last but a great game.


    Ummm not so sure about that. I was not satisfied by his game today.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5211
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Uh oh NFC...Legion of Boom is back!
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:05 pm
  • Welcome back Brandon... this may have been huge. Brandon is rested up (not injured! Hooray!), and he will not make this mistake again. But the problem we very well could have faced is to have been stuck in a position where we rely on Walter Thurmond if BB or RS gets hurt (and no suspension stuff happens). Walter probably would have been activated, played very little, may not have gotten hurt, and we would have been razor thin at DB if counting on Thurmond. Instead, we have Lane and Maxwell up to NFL speed and ready to play multiple positions. That's a great thing to come out of this. Browner can be used all over the field. We can put him one-on-one on a receiver put Lane one-on-one and put Maxwell or Tru at nickel. Then we can run out my favorite defense... put your best defensive player as a spy on RG3.

    I'm saying it. Richard Sherman is lined up on Robert Griffin III for the entirety of the first quarter as his personal spy. It would be very interesting and could work much in the way John Marshall had Kevin Bentley spy and slam Steve Smith out of the NFCCG by lining him up directly across from him as a hybrid LB/CB. It was beautiful.

    I think Browner could handle lining up as a hybrid LBer/DL/CB/Spy (we call it the cougarback in the 3-3-5... the position Kyle Van Noy plays for BYU, for those of you who saw him completely shut down a QB and dominate him in the Poinsettia Bowl, then that is what I'm talking about). I don't think RG3 has ever seen it, unless he played TCU last year or New Mexico or San Diego State. Other than BYU, I believe those are the 3 schools that run it. I think it would be a brilliant way to cover RG3. Don't say it too loud though, because I don't want anybody trying it on RW. Although I think Russ could exploit it if given a week's notice. Just run a QB spy on RG3 and I bet it is an interesting scenario.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Uh oh NFC...Legion of Boom is back!
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:25 pm
  • I wonder about him having leg issues. You know our guys go balls out on Wednesday. That is when most of the injuries occur such as hamstrings, Martin and Carpenter getting season ending injuries. The team is pretty demanding as far as putting players back in after they miss a lot of time.

    No guarantees that Browner starts though I suspect he will and expect it.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9076
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Re: Uh oh NFC...Legion of Boom is back!
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:32 pm
  • Will be great to have Browner back, we need strength/depth for playoffs. Tru earned his paycheck today for sure.
    Image
    User avatar
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1015
    Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Tonasket, WA to Temecula, CA


Re: Uh oh NFC...Legion of Boom is back!
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:47 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:Welcome back Brandon... this may have been huge. Brandon is rested up (not injured! Hooray!), and he will not make this mistake again. But the problem we very well could have faced is to have been stuck in a position where we rely on Walter Thurmond if BB or RS gets hurt (and no suspension stuff happens). Walter probably would have been activated, played very little, may not have gotten hurt, and we would have been razor thin at DB if counting on Thurmond. Instead, we have Lane and Maxwell up to NFL speed and ready to play multiple positions. That's a great thing to come out of this. Browner can be used all over the field. We can put him one-on-one on a receiver put Lane one-on-one and put Maxwell or Tru at nickel. Then we can run out my favorite defense... put your best defensive player as a spy on RG3.

    I'm saying it. Richard Sherman is lined up on Robert Griffin III for the entirety of the first quarter as his personal spy. It would be very interesting and could work much in the way John Marshall had Kevin Bentley spy and slam Steve Smith out of the NFCCG by lining him up directly across from him as a hybrid LB/CB. It was beautiful.

    I think Browner could handle lining up as a hybrid LBer/DL/CB/Spy (we call it the cougarback in the 3-3-5... the position Kyle Van Noy plays for BYU, for those of you who saw him completely shut down a QB and dominate him in the Poinsettia Bowl, then that is what I'm talking about). I don't think RG3 has ever seen it, unless he played TCU last year or New Mexico or San Diego State. Other than BYU, I believe those are the 3 schools that run it. I think it would be a brilliant way to cover RG3. Don't say it too loud though, because I don't want anybody trying it on RW. Although I think Russ could exploit it if given a week's notice. Just run a QB spy on RG3 and I bet it is an interesting scenario.


    I haven't seen too many of their games over the past few years, but isn't that similar to how the Packers use Charles Woodson?
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    User avatar
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2801
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am


Re: Uh oh NFC...Legion of Boom is back!
Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:15 am
  • Yes, similar. Woodson lines up at CB, Safety, and that LBer position that Boulware played in and had so much success his rookie year sniping passes underneath. Woodson is doing it out of necessity since he has slowed down.

    A good example would be how the Hawks used Easley and the 9ers used Lott early in their careers. They were moved all over the place to create matchup issues. Lott was a pro bowler as both a CB and safety. He wasn't moved to safety due to lack of speed. It was because of how much field he covered and kept the defense correct. Same with Easley. You can see what they can do with Earl Thomas as well. He could spy without issue I think. He's fast enough. As long as they don't start running a lot of plays where they are beating guys over the top then it would work just fine.

    Bob Sanders was another guy that was sort of lined up all over the place. If it weren't for injuries he'd go down as an all-time great. He just was too small and brittle. Eric Weddle is used this way at times and to great effect. The more the Chargers have gone away from it, the worse they have played. I just think with RG3's unique skill set, you have to come in with a different look than you've given everybody else. We've seen very poor running QB's pick up chunks of yards due to little pass rush as times, and they run for big yardage because we'll have 8 in coverage and 3 "rushing". It won't work against him I don't think. They need to treat him like a RB who can throw very very well, and that's scary because good running backs have chewed us up. Good QB's have chewed us up. Put them together in one package and this has trouble written all over it. The standard Tampa 2 I don't think will be very effective. They at least need to throw some different looks out to confuse him. His athletic ability and smarts are second to none. You have to have the defense dictate and create confusion and throw out looks he hasn't seen as of yet.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am




It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information