Russell Wilson and the Sophomore Slump

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • He's only going to work harder in the off-season, because he wants to be the QB talked about 100 years from now. He has huge goals to achieve, so I see him studying 5 days a week through the entire off-season to get his own personal game-plan set for each game next season. He'll keep filling his book full of new info on every DB in the league, every LB corps, every pass rusher coming at him, defensive schemes, plays, and limitations. He will dissect every last detail to be the best there has ever been. Even if he never reaches that level, it won't be for lack of effort.
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

• I think the sophomore slump is players who get by on natural talent,and things catch up to them after teams study film.The way RW studies film and plans for the next game is unique.He want's to be prepared,and works with coaches/playcallers for a new game plan for each week.He is so ahead of other rookie QB's this way,it seems like the first four weeks were his rookie season.When he caught up with the speed of the pro game, it didn't take long.Now he acts like a pure veteran.Cool and poised under attack by great defensive players.I don't worry a bit about next year.Other team coaches might worry a lot more than I do.
    Fisherhawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• Scottemojo wrote:Basing this shit on history is dumb. Russell isn't those guys.

Russell is Russell. Nobody else. Watch. And Witness.

Exactly. The logic in the OP is very similar to the type of logic Hawkblogger used when he argued that Wilson couldn't succeed because rookie QBs tend to post low numbers historically. What he didn't consider was that very few rookie QBs walk onto a team as loaded as this one, and very few QBs have the hall of fame type intangibles that Wilson has. Wilson was clearly a one of a kind player in a one of a kind situation, so comparing him to ordinary QBs in ordinary situations missed the mark.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Jazzhawk wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Basing this shit on history is dumb. Russell isn't those guys.

That's the same for ANY comparison made on this site. Therefore, I'm glad you said it. I'm sure you'll refrain from making similar comparisons in the future. :th2thumbs:

haha. The best basis for seeing if there will be a rookie dropoff is seeing how a guy performs the 2nd time he gets to face a team. Surprisingly, RGIII has had a falloff the 2nd time. Wilson has not.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Teams will have tape on RW so they may contain him a bit better but as some one posted already he will have experience against them too. Russell learns from his mistakes. The will adjust but he will study that and adjust as well. The key will be Lynch though. If teams focus too much on Wilson beast mode will be waiting for them.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Re: Russell Wilson and the Sophomore Slump
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:34 am
  • Wilson works to hard to slump
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• brimsalabim wrote:Teams will have tape on RW so they may contain him a bit better but as some one posted already he will have experience against them too. Russell learns from his mistakes. The will adjust but he will study that and adjust as well. The key will be Lynch though. If teams focus too much on Wilson beast mode will be waiting for them.

Wilson was better in the 2nd game against all three west teams. They had both film and experience.

Kid is gonna kill it next year.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• You know who else has tape of Russell Wilson? Russell Wilson.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Re: Russell Wilson and the Sophomore Slump
Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:16 am
  • I don't see a sophomore slump for RW. He works too hard.

Like what he said yesterday: "The separation is in the preparation." Awesome.
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information