Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson and the Sophomore Slump
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:33 am 
NET Veteran

He's only going to work harder in the off-season, because he wants to be the QB talked about 100 years from now. He has huge goals to achieve, so I see him studying 5 days a week through the entire off-season to get his own personal game-plan set for each game next season. He'll keep filling his book full of new info on every DB in the league, every LB corps, every pass rusher coming at him, defensive schemes, plays, and limitations. He will dissect every last detail to be the best there has ever been. Even if he never reaches that level, it won't be for lack of effort.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:41 am 
NET Bench Warmer

I think the sophomore slump is players who get by on natural talent,and things catch up to them after teams study film.The way RW studies film and plans for the next game is unique.He want's to be prepared,and works with coaches/playcallers for a new game plan for each week.He is so ahead of other rookie QB's this way,it seems like the first four weeks were his rookie season.When he caught up with the speed of the pro game, it didn't take long.Now he acts like a pure veteran.Cool and poised under attack by great defensive players.I don't worry a bit about next year.Other team coaches might worry a lot more than I do.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:15 am 
* Mr Random Thought *

Scottemojo wrote:
Basing this shit on history is dumb. Russell isn't those guys.

Russell is Russell. Nobody else. Watch. And Witness.

Exactly. The logic in the OP is very similar to the type of logic Hawkblogger used when he argued that Wilson couldn't succeed because rookie QBs tend to post low numbers historically. What he didn't consider was that very few rookie QBs walk onto a team as loaded as this one, and very few QBs have the hall of fame type intangibles that Wilson has. Wilson was clearly a one of a kind player in a one of a kind situation, so comparing him to ordinary QBs in ordinary situations missed the mark.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:29 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Jazzhawk wrote:
Scottemojo wrote:
Basing this shit on history is dumb. Russell isn't those guys.

That's the same for ANY comparison made on this site. Therefore, I'm glad you said it. I'm sure you'll refrain from making similar comparisons in the future. :th2thumbs:

haha. The best basis for seeing if there will be a rookie dropoff is seeing how a guy performs the 2nd time he gets to face a team. Surprisingly, RGIII has had a falloff the 2nd time. Wilson has not.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:24 am 
NET Veteran

Teams will have tape on RW so they may contain him a bit better but as some one posted already he will have experience against them too. Russell learns from his mistakes. The will adjust but he will study that and adjust as well. The key will be Lynch though. If teams focus too much on Wilson beast mode will be waiting for them.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:34 am 
NET Veteran

Wilson works to hard to slump

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:18 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

brimsalabim wrote:
Teams will have tape on RW so they may contain him a bit better but as some one posted already he will have experience against them too. Russell learns from his mistakes. The will adjust but he will study that and adjust as well. The key will be Lynch though. If teams focus too much on Wilson beast mode will be waiting for them.

Wilson was better in the 2nd game against all three west teams. They had both film and experience.

Kid is gonna kill it next year.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:48 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*

You know who else has tape of Russell Wilson? Russell Wilson.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:16 am 
NET Veteran

I don't see a sophomore slump for RW. He works too hard.

Like what he said yesterday: "The separation is in the preparation." Awesome.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]