Richard Sherman Article

nsport

Reaction score
I don't think there's anything wrong with this article - in fact, I think it's one of BR's better articles. It's not that well written, but the points are pretty clear and valid in my humble opinion.

I stated before that the process is what is getting Sherman off - he states he was clean, I'm inclined to believe him. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. He walked for the same reason that criminals walk when not Mirandized correctly. Complete violation by someone in an authority position.

The writer is also right about two things - the NFL must tighten their collection process - so that the circumstances that Sherman faced will be impossible to recreate. Secondly, if they really want Adderall, they can get it. However, the whole under the radar things that you do to get an edge doesn't make good press. They want it behind the scenes and unmentionable by the public. So even though they could go get it if they want, they won't. Same reason I'm not down at the Pot Dispensary right now. It's legal - but I don't think it's necessary to have it in public record that I bought some. (for the record, I don't do drugs - and apparently, neither does Sherman).

OP
OP
dracolich81

dracolich81

Reaction score
The last section of this article is complete BS. Accusing Sherman of plotting to sabotage the testing process. 100% opinion of a 49er fan. No facts at all
I agree with you, I think he is innocent, but maybe he's not, only Sherman knows. But the idea of "guilty until proven innocent" seems to be the opinion of people that don't like Sherman, The Seahawks, or NFL players for that matter. Would that article be the same about Patrick Willis?
Say Sherman did find a loophole. I have no problem with that. Anyone who does have a problem with that is a complete hypocrite. Say you get a traffic ticket and find a loophole or someone of authority made a mistake, would you use that to get out of it? of course you would.

The Radish

Reaction score
I think the NFL fits the "you're guilty until you can prove yourself innocent" version too.

And they want the right to fine you for speaking out all the while leaking crap to the media like a Whores sink faucet. I'm guessing the next CBA they will fight to get penaltys for players speaking out. Right now the players can bitch all they want except for officiating. No one in the league gets away with that.

Did Mike Holmgren get fined $50,000 or $500,000 for his comments about not realizing we had to beat the officials too in that SB?

Sherman can speak out about his own feeling but they can fine coaches for speaking out about NFL rules and screwups but so far the players are free to say what they want even tho I'm sure they are brow beaten a lot hoping that will keep them quiet.

Remember the NFL does not want us getting any information about the NFL from anyone but the NFL. Mark my words,,,some day they will shut out all the media including TV. They are just taking the baby steps right now to be self sufficient money wise.

The NFL Network will be the ones giving billions to the NFL for broadcast rights of the games not television perse.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
its not what you know, its what you can prove!!!! the article didnt prove anything other then the guy cant write.