My first game at CenturyLink! Advice?

PGunning101

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Have been back home in Seattle for the holiday week, and wasn't planning on going to the Rams game, but my dad surprised me and we've got two club seats for Sunday! So excited, hopefully we get another beatdown, a Russell Wilson rookie record, and perfect 8-0 home record to go along with it.

I've been a Hawks fan since I was a little kid, and went to a few games at the Kingdome when I was younger, but between being out of state for a while and other circumstances have never been to a game at CenturyLink before.

I wanted to get the advice of the .net faithful. My dad and I are going to come down and make a day of it. Any suggestions on making the experience an awesome one? Parking suggestions? Good food around the stadium for brunch? Advice for wandering the tailgates? Gathering of the .net crew? Help me make my first Seahawks game in forever as excellent as possible!

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
There are plenty of good tailgating spots to many to pick a particular one,, a lot of the old school fans (big rv's lots of TV's, games, network style hosts) are along that road that is behind the pyrimd ale house (south) behind hooverville. just north of the starbucks HQ.

There is a red hot dog truck called muaric's or something right in front of touchdown city that has the best hod dogs in seattle...
parking... well you can park in the starbucks garage for 10 bucks and walk right down tailgate lane..

that's all I got.

grizbob

Reaction score
Temple Billiards for pre-funk, great food, drinks and some famous .netters are usually there.

warden

Reaction score
Advice

Wear a Steelers jersey and walk down first avenue

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
King Street Bar and Oven is a great pre-funk spot, tons of the crazies in there, good food, great atmosphere, strong drinks etc. Also, the taco truck, El Camion, is incredible, right across from the TD City as well. (the dogs he's talking about at the other truck are unreal too).
TD City is a great spot for pre game on your way into the stadium. 5 Dollar beers (although smaller) and 3 dollar dogs. You can bring any food in you want, best to buy it outside. Also, you can have one sealed bottled water each to bring in. If you're not drinking or toasted, you can get a free soda or water by going to the fan services booth on the West side, inside the stadium, by signing up for the Designated Driver thing, and you get a wrist band and a voucher for a free soda. That saves you some $ right there.
Parking wise, if you get there real early (like before 8:30am) you can park on 6th ave in a lot of spots, and some people go over to the viaduct, not sure if those are still free.

Bremwahawk

Reaction score
Have fun, bring lots of money and a pair of ear plugs, it does get loud! Oh and yell your butt off!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Ear plugs, excedrin and Money! Because it is loud, you will be screaming your head off (I presume) and things in the Clink ain't cheap. Have fun!

Shock2k

Reaction score
Bring a box of tissue. For dabbing the noise induced blood coming out of your ears. Though if you scream loud enough, they will self clear. (your choice)

seahawks08

Reaction score
The club section has covered lounges and restaurants and bar where they serve hard liquor. The club tickets holders can enter the stadium 4 hours before the game starts. People hang out and lounge area and watch early games on TV. You get to meet some coaches and radio hosts depending on if you come across them. I normally park on the safeco field garage which costs around 35 dollars, was 25 in the beginning but will keep increasing the price as the team does better:). The have tailgating on Safeco field or the roads around the stadium. I have never been to Temple but one of these days I will to meet all the netters. Personally even though I sat the in the club seats twice this whole season, I preferred eating and drinking outside with more options and cheaper costs. Showbox Sodo is a really big bar and warehouse where I sometimes stop by. They have enough space that getting drinks are easier than in the really smaller bars. They have around 12 or 13 TVs all around where you can watch every NFL game that is live. Sometimes KJR 950 also broadcasts from that place pre game.

Oof

Reaction score
Make your bathroom run at the 2 min warning. You usually can make it back before the half ends. Don't worry about missing anything. There are TVs everywhere. Sometimes I'm able to do my business and get beer! :)

Riley12

Reaction score
If you get down there early (by 8 AM at the latest, I'd say) you can park almost anywhere for free. Just line up your car
with the nearest outlet or onramp to speed your departure.

Good pregame food: Dim Sum at House of Hong, sandwich from Tat's, anything at FX McRory's

Tailgating: do some bar hopping - Sluggers, King Street, Triangle, Temple or visit between the Silver Cloud and Hawks Nest, also head down
past the Safeco garage or down the Viaduct, also check out the festivities in the Event Center (KJR does their pregame there and Mack Strong,
one of the hosts, doesn't mind signing autographs during breaks)

Use your Club Seats to full advantage: head in early and just walk around the stadium soaking up the glory that is Seahawks Satdium

The Radish

Reaction score
If its your first trip I would suggest you get to the stadium early so you can just look at the place for 20-30 minutes cause that much time is needed the first time.

If you're high up I loved the walk up the 13 corners to get to the top. Take the time to look out over the waterfront from every level on the way up.

Lastly,,,,,,have a great time!

:les:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, and after the game, you should be able to get some incredible sunset shots, especially if we are w/out rain. I'm hearing it might just be cloudy tomorrow.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
grizbob":24znv912 said:
Temple Billiards for pre-funk, great food, drinks and some famous .netters are usually there.

Does "Famous .Netters" mean the "Old Ones".... Gotta Love It! Wish we could be there..... Temple Billiards for sure, and other places up and down the streets around Century Link Field... FX McRory's is another place not far from the stadium, but usually packed.... There is parking on streets and of course in Parking Lot's, but got to be there early, which you should be to Pre-Funk! Enjoy! :thirishdrinkers: