Russell Wilson is NOT Week 16 Rookie of the Week

hawksbydesign

Reaction score
This is a bunch of BS. NFL is lossing credibility. The guy who had 2 touch downs wins the honors? What does Wilson have to do to get a little respect!

edited by radish for language

Throwdown

Reaction score
-shrug- guess the only way to gain respect is to go into the palace and steal whats coveted!

Lombardi is in the sights, everything else is just nice stuff along the way.

el capitan

Reaction score
That is beyond rediculous. Even RG3 must find this embarrassing.

Oh well, more fuel for the fire I guess.

AVL

Reaction score
Gimp of the week. Maybe they gave him a handicap because of the knee. But isn't this fan voting?

Uffda

Reaction score
For the Hawks, I'd say Russell Wilson was the rookie of the week 10 times so far this season.

Galen96

Reaction score
I actually kinda liked RGIII before the season started... even liked him through his first 2-3 games... now I can't stand him.... every time I hear his name it's nearly on par with hearing pittsburgh or harbaugh. Congrats RGIII... your fans have made you into the new Tebow... I can't help but hope you are the next Jamarcus Russell.

OP
OP
H

hawksbydesign

Reaction score
AVL":3f3293uh said:
Gimp of the week. Maybe they gave him a handicap because of the knee. But isn't this fan voting?

I don't belive in NFL(.com) regarding their voting system. They are all about media hype. If it is truly fan voting, the number of votes should be counted and shown on screen. To give Rookie of the Week honors to someone with 2 touchdowns vs someone with 4 touchdowns is ludicrous.

godawg

Reaction score
Just hope Dallas wins (never thought I'd say that) so that Russell has a better shot at ROY.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It just makes me want to play the Redskins more. I realize they are very hot right now, but so are we. I just think it would be cool to shut everyone up and knock the Skins off their perch.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Lomas Brown just made the point that a good bit of Russell's success is based on having the Beastmode behind him. I don't think that Russ himself would argue that. Russ still has to make the plays though and that he has. Unfortunately RG3 and Luck both made the probowl so I would think that puts Russ behind in ROY voting.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
RGIII also has a monster running game and a good run defense in Washington. Alfred Morris is only 77 yards behind Lynch. Both RGIII and Wilson got on teams that had a lot of good things going for it.

Luck's the one you make the argument for when referring to the run game not being there. Also, their pass defense isn't terrible but their run defense is atrocious.

parson420

Reaction score
godawg":3iov6f60 said:
Just hope Dallas wins (never thought I'd say that) so that Russell has a better shot at ROY.

My thought exactly. Wilson went up against the #1 Defense twice (chicago and 9ers). Let's see RGIII go up against the #1 defense

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Why on earth do you guys get your panties in a bunch about this stupid popularity contest? All that matters to me is the Lombardi trophy.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Kiper must have voted 100k times.

Seriously though, this is as silly as Sherman not making the pro-bowl. It is laughable.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Unfortunately the voting for ROY honors is required to be received before the first playoff game so if the Redskins win and we dismantle them in DC, it won't help Wilson's chances for ROY. However if Dallas can beat them it knocks them out of the playoffs and then RGIII not getting his team to the playoff's vs Wilson who did is a much better chance of Wilson getting recognition.

I hate the Cowboys but will be a fan tomorrow (for a day) and hope not only that they win but they also force RGIII into multiple mistakes. A stat line that reads two picks and no TD's in a loss sounds really good to me right now.

Besides, playing the Redskins or the Cowboys is 1 and 1A for me. I think our chances of advancing in either is similar and the satisfaction of beating either is also about the same.

So for one day and one day only (really just three hours) I will be rooting for the Cowboys to win and make the playoffs.

Go Cowboys.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

judgemint

Reaction score
I hope Dallas wins and gets rid of the redskins!!! Even if they're gone and were still winning, I bet they still talk about rg more than RW

-The Glove-

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3guatsx6 said:
Lomas Brown just made the point that a good bit of Russell's success is based on having the Beastmode behind him. I don't think that Russ himself would argue that. Russ still has to make the plays though and that he has. Unfortunately RG3 and Luck both made the probowl so I would think that puts Russ behind in ROY voting.
Alfred morris is not much behind Beast Mode.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Wow. Just shows the media darlings are spotted about 14 points right off the bat. If his performance doesn't win Rookie of the Week against those crumby performances last week, I don't know what would.

But hey, cool. That giant chip on Wilson's shoulder just grew a little bit bigger. Thanks, mediots.