Russell Wilson is NOT Week 16 Rookie of the Week

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • This is a bunch of BS. NFL is lossing credibility. The guy who had 2 touch downs wins the honors? What does Wilson have to do to get a little respect!

edited by radish for language
    hawksbydesign
    NET Bench Warmer

• Yup. Griffin also played the Eagles D while we played the 49ers D.
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

• -shrug- guess the only way to gain respect is to go into the palace and steal whats coveted!

Lombardi is in the sights, everything else is just nice stuff along the way.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• That is beyond rediculous. Even RG3 must find this embarrassing.

Oh well, more fuel for the fire I guess.
    el capitan
    NET Starter

• Gimp of the week. Maybe they gave him a handicap because of the knee. But isn't this fan voting?
    AVL
    NET Starter

• For the Hawks, I'd say Russell Wilson was the rookie of the week 10 times so far this season.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• I actually kinda liked RGIII before the season started... even liked him through his first 2-3 games... now I can't stand him.... every time I hear his name it's nearly on par with hearing pittsburgh or harbaugh. Congrats RGIII... your fans have made you into the new Tebow... I can't help but hope you are the next Jamarcus Russell.
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

• AVL wrote:Gimp of the week. Maybe they gave him a handicap because of the knee. But isn't this fan voting?

I don't belive in NFL(.com) regarding their voting system. They are all about media hype. If it is truly fan voting, the number of votes should be counted and shown on screen. To give Rookie of the Week honors to someone with 2 touchdowns vs someone with 4 touchdowns is ludicrous.
    hawksbydesign
    NET Bench Warmer

• Go Cowboys.........
    el capitan
    NET Starter

• Just hope Dallas wins (never thought I'd say that) so that Russell has a better shot at ROY.
    godawg
    NET Starter

• It just makes me want to play the Redskins more. I realize they are very hot right now, but so are we. I just think it would be cool to shut everyone up and knock the Skins off their perch.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Lomas Brown just made the point that a good bit of Russell's success is based on having the Beastmode behind him. I don't think that Russ himself would argue that. Russ still has to make the plays though and that he has. Unfortunately RG3 and Luck both made the probowl so I would think that puts Russ behind in ROY voting.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• RGIII also has a monster running game and a good run defense in Washington. Alfred Morris is only 77 yards behind Lynch. Both RGIII and Wilson got on teams that had a lot of good things going for it.

Luck's the one you make the argument for when referring to the run game not being there. Also, their pass defense isn't terrible but their run defense is atrocious.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• godawg wrote:Just hope Dallas wins (never thought I'd say that) so that Russell has a better shot at ROY.

My thought exactly. Wilson went up against the #1 Defense twice (chicago and 9ers). Let's see RGIII go up against the #1 defense
    parson420
    NET Practice Squad

• Why on earth do you guys get your panties in a bunch about this stupid popularity contest? All that matters to me is the Lombardi trophy.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Kiper must have voted 100k times.

Seriously though, this is as silly as Sherman not making the pro-bowl. It is laughable.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Unfortunately the voting for ROY honors is required to be received before the first playoff game so if the Redskins win and we dismantle them in DC, it won't help Wilson's chances for ROY. However if Dallas can beat them it knocks them out of the playoffs and then RGIII not getting his team to the playoff's vs Wilson who did is a much better chance of Wilson getting recognition.

I hate the Cowboys but will be a fan tomorrow (for a day) and hope not only that they win but they also force RGIII into multiple mistakes. A stat line that reads two picks and no TD's in a loss sounds really good to me right now.

Besides, playing the Redskins or the Cowboys is 1 and 1A for me. I think our chances of advancing in either is similar and the satisfaction of beating either is also about the same.

So for one day and one day only (really just three hours) I will be rooting for the Cowboys to win and make the playoffs.

Go Cowboys.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• I hope Dallas wins and gets rid of the redskins!!! Even if they're gone and were still winning, I bet they still talk about rg more than RW
    judgemint
    NET Bench Warmer

• brimsalabim wrote:Lomas Brown just made the point that a good bit of Russell's success is based on having the Beastmode behind him. I don't think that Russ himself would argue that. Russ still has to make the plays though and that he has. Unfortunately RG3 and Luck both made the probowl so I would think that puts Russ behind in ROY voting.

Alfred morris is not much behind Beast Mode.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Wow. Just shows the media darlings are spotted about 14 points right off the bat. If his performance doesn't win Rookie of the Week against those crumby performances last week, I don't know what would.

But hey, cool. That giant chip on Wilson's shoulder just grew a little bit bigger. Thanks, mediots.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• <---Does Russell look like he's worried about not winning that title for week 16???
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• I think RG3 is just another "overrated", "overhyped" and "overplayed" Tim Tebow, and next year all the defenses in the league will catch on and he won't be able to run as much, He'll get stuck throwing and imo his throws are already just awful... I am seriously tired that Wilson doesn't get the credit he deserves. On a plus side IF we do have to play them they're screwed they have NO defense and rest a lot of stuff heavily on his running..
    Conference Championships: NFC: 2005, 2013
    Division Campionships: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013
    Superbowl Championships: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8.. SUCK IT

The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

• LOL, oh well.....nothing we can do about it.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• I no longer care about the rookie of the week award.

It has no substance to it
    warden
    NET Veteran

• Galen96 wrote:I actually kinda liked RGIII before the season started... even liked him through his first 2-3 games... now I can't stand him.... every time I hear his name it's nearly on par with hearing pittsburgh or harbaugh. Congrats RGIII... your fans have made you into the new Tebow... I can't help but hope you are the next Jamarcus Russell.

You hate RG3 and wish negativity towards him because of the media? That's a little harsh, isn't it?
    pre·vent de·fense
    n. Football
    A defensive formation in which a team prevents their defense from stopping the other team's offense.
    hannibalking
    NET Bench Warmer

• Kam knocking out RG-III with a legal big hit would be neat to see.......
    Plus a head to head rookie QB battle would show which QB is best and change some ROY voters minds?
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• RW isn't winning ROY people. Best get used to it now. I'm sure a super bowl mvp would mean more anyway.
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran

• We will not see voting go are way unless we win the SB and then maybe, just maybe. I bet you that if u switched stats RG3 :crutches: woulda still won. The only thing i like about the NFL is the Seahawks, the rest of them can eat sh*t. Everybody knows who should be winning these votes, even the players and i hope they show it in the rest of these games. DangeRuss just got a lil more Dangerous.
    Last edited by garydrake425 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

• HawkGA wrote:RW isn't winning ROY people. Best get used to it now. I'm sure a super bowl mvp would mean more anyway.

This. We're setting ourselves up for disappointment and anger if we expect any kind of recognition awards. Win the Super Bowl, and they are all meaningless anyway.

BTW, I think I'd prefer to play Dallas, but only because the flight is shorter, the stadium is indoors, and the turf is turf.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• I would like to see the matchup with rg3, but I agree that playing in dallas would be better. Better conditions, central time zone, etc. That said, the hawks could get a late game hopefully making the easern time zone thing less important.
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran

• I would like to see the matchup with rg3, but I agree that playing in dallas would be better. Better conditions, central time zone, etc. That said, the hawks could get a late game hopefully making the easern time zone thing less important.
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran

• hannibalking wrote:
    Galen96 wrote:I actually kinda liked RGIII before the season started... even liked him through his first 2-3 games... now I can't stand him.... every time I hear his name it's nearly on par with hearing pittsburgh or harbaugh. Congrats RGIII... your fans have made you into the new Tebow... I can't help but hope you are the next Jamarcus Russell.

You hate RG3 and wish negativity towards him because of the media? That's a little harsh, isn't it?

Easy there. Your the one who wrote hate!

Nothing at all against RG but he can't control the national media blathering on about him. Just like we can't control what they write (or don't) about our favorite son. Wilson seems to me at least to be above this anyways. We have bigger fish to fry!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• I kind of think we would almost definitely get an early game just to favor the Redskins a little more.
    12thManHawkFan
    NET Rookie

• As fans we always want to see a well deserving player from our team win an award and get recognized. Last week the thing that got Kap the award was quality of opponent, supposedly. This week, Russell should have definitely gotten it, IMO.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

• Two slaps in the face in one week (Sherm, pro bowl). This has to weigh on the boys and get them fired up.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• Awards are stupid, but they'd be less stupid if they went to the right people.

- Ron Swanson
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• HawkGA wrote:RW isn't winning ROY people. Best get used to it now. I'm sure a super bowl mvp would mean more anyway.

And the Seahawks aren't going to the playoffs, and the Seahawks aren't beating the Packers, and the Seahawks aren't beating the Patriots, and the Seahawks aren't beating the Bears, and the Seahawks aren't beating the 49ers, and Richard Sherman isn't winning his appeal...

This seems to be a year of upsets. Who knows how far that'll go?
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• 12thManHawkFan wrote:I kind of think we would almost definitely get an early game just to favor the Redskins a little more.

Hummmmm....so I hear you saying that the folk in the NFL headquarters favor the Skins enough to make us play at 10 am EST because they know that it puts us at a disadvantage? It's all about money.....isn't it?
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Plus a head to head rookie QB battle would show which QB is best and change some ROY voters minds?

The problem is the ROY voting has to be submitted before the start of the first wild card game so if it changed anyone's mind it would be to late anyway.

That's why I am pulling for Dallas tomorrow. Having RGIII not get his team into the playoffs would factor into the ROY votes, especially if RGIII has a bad day and throws a couple picks and no TD's.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:RW isn't winning ROY people. Best get used to it now. I'm sure a super bowl mvp would mean more anyway.

And the Seahawks aren't going to the playoffs, and the Seahawks aren't beating the Packers, and the Seahawks aren't beating the Patriots, and the Seahawks aren't beating the Bears, and the Seahawks aren't beating the 49ers, and Richard Sherman isn't winning his appeal...

This seems to be a year of upsets. Who knows how far that'll go?

Football is unpredictable, don't bother trying to predict it. RW definitely has a shot, as does Luck, and RG3, ect.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Just a thought,

With Sherman and the defense making the plays they have been making it overshadows Wilsons accomplishments and plays on the field, He's been so efficiant and our drama has been the blow outs mor then the play he has shown. Kams big hit, Shermans return etc are getting bigger publicity then Wilson who quietly disects and casterataes a defense. Yeah his scramble was something to watch but not the drama the media likes. RGIII has had high drama games which being in their market gets many more stories. If Wilson as doing this on his own then he may get more recognition, this has been a team effort, which means personnal recognition will be much less nation wide versus our fan base.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Just a thought,

With Sherman and the defense making the plays they have been making it overshadows Wilsons accomplishments and plays on the field, He's been so efficiant and our drama has been the blow outs mor then the play he has shown. Kams big hit, Shermans return etc are getting bigger publicity then Wilson who quietly disects and casterataes a defense. Yeah his scramble was something to watch but not the drama the media likes. RGIII has had high drama games which being in their market gets many more stories. If Wilson as doing this on his own then he may get more recognition, this has been a team effort, which means personnal recognition will be much less nation wide versus our fan base.

Most of us remember...."there's no 'I' in team". I can guarantee that Russell has it down "pat"!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• We have always been slighted. This year we (the team) can actually do something about it. You have to know 52 men (+coaches) would walk through fire for RW. With the Sherman PB slight, now this, I hope to gawd we play the Skins. Shanahan is old school. He's seen it all and I bet he wished RW won this instead of his guy. He knows we will mostly likely meet soon and he knows we will be coming hard after Griffin. I won't be stunned if it causes him to rethink the way he uses Griffin against us. If not, I won't be shocked if we knock him out of the game.

That's my silver lining on this latest burn.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:It just makes me want to play the Redskins more. I realize they are very hot right now, but so are we. I just think it would be cool to shut everyone up and knock the Skins off their perch.

Russell converting all of those third downs the other night had very little to do with Beastmode. That's QB time.
    MarylandHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information