11-5

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
I think 3rd best, 13 and 3, and get this, we were 12-4 in the AFC West one year which was good for a WILDCARD spot if you can believe that. The division was beastly that year. Didn't look it up, using my dain bramaged memory but I think I'm right on this...

OP
OP
P

ProckHawks

Reaction score
Not to knock on the 2005 Seahawk team. But if they played the schedule we played this year. I don't think they win 13. They most likely win 11 or 12. The NFC west was at the lowest of lows back then. The Rams were still somewhat good with Bulger Holt and Bruce. The Cards were worse then they are now. The Niners were coming off the Garcia and Owens hangover and had no furture in sight. We almost lost to the Niners at the stick and barely beat the Rams. We played the AFC south. All of those teams but the Colts were bad. The Colts rested their starters. The NFC East was tougher back then and the two hardest teams in that divison played us at home. That 13-3 record as fluffed a bit. I really think this is the best Seahawk team ever.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
The year we finished 12-4 I predicted 14-2 prior to the season and bet my dad $100 on it.... it was a no pay bet on my end, which meant I risked nothing, but if it came true he'd give me $100 for it. He was THAT sure it wasn't going to happen. I predicted it immediately after we beat Miami in the playoffs the previous year, and then when they announced the schedule I went through and predicted every win and loss. I was 100% right on the season, up until the last two weeks. I believe we played 2 teams that really really sucked. I am sure one of them was Kansas City, and the other was Pittsburgh I think (who had simply gone into the toilet at that point).

I had those both circled as wins, and we went and lost both and ended up 12-4 instead of 14-2. I was so bummed out. I stopped betting on sports... and that was when I was 11. Haha. I wonder how well I would have done had I stuck with it. Probably my life wouldn't have been any worse than now. I should have stuck with it.

OP
OP
P

ProckHawks

Reaction score
ParisPC07":17pf17x7 said:
I think I picked 11-5 in a poll at the beginning of the season. Anyone able to drag that thread back from the dead?

I picked 10 or 11 wins during the preseason. Big up's to anyone who digs that trend outta the grave lol

seahawks875

Reaction score
I predicted 11-5 before the season started but I predicted losses to Carolina, New England, @ San Francisco, Detroit and buffalo and we won 3 of those games.

Atradees

Reaction score
I was thinking 11 and five but not until right uo to the Stanford/Ducks game. I also picked Notre Dame and Oregon in the BCS title game.

I think 11 and five is a damn fine record.

drdiags

Reaction score
ProckHawks":1l0naje6 said:
ParisPC07":1l0naje6 said:
I think I picked 11-5 in a poll at the beginning of the season. Anyone able to drag that thread back from the dead?

I picked 10 or 11 wins during the preseason. Big up's to anyone who digs that trend outta the grave lol

They put these type links in the archive. Will go take a quick look but that is where you would find the picks.

Yep, the link was in the Archive Forum

Code:
1 Sun, Sep 9 @ Arizona Cardinals - W
2 Sun, Sep 16 vs Dallas Cowboys - L
3 Mon, Sep 24 vs Green Bay Packers - L
4 Sun, Sep 30 @ St. Louis Rams - W
5 Sun, Oct 7 @ Carolina Panthers - W
6 Sun, Oct 14 vs New England Patriots - L
7 Thu, Oct 18 @ San Francisco 49ers - L
8 Sun, Oct 28 @ Detroit Lions - L
9 Sun, Nov 4 vs Minnesota Vikings - W
10 Sun, Nov 11 vs New York Jets - W
11 Bye
12 Sun, Nov 25 @ Miami Dolphins - W
13 Sun, Dec 2 @ Chicago Bears - L
14 Sun, Dec 9 vs Arizona Cardinals - W
15 Sun, Dec 16 @ Buffalo Bills - L
16 Sun, Dec 23 vs San Francisco 49ers - W
17 Sun, Dec 30 vs St. Louis Rams - W

FINAL RECORD: 9-7 (That should keep those ESPN West Blog folks happy)
PLACE IN DIVISION: 2nd

sutz

Reaction score
I predicted 11-5. It's in the archive thread on page 3. I missed on a few of the idividual game selections, but I'm waiting for sunday afternoon so I can throw my shoulder out patting myself on the back. :)

I also predicted we'd win the Div championship. Oh well, there's still hope. ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
11-5 is incredible for a team with a rookie QB etc. If someone would have told me 11-5, I would have asked them to put down the pipe. Incredible season so far, time to finish it up right into February. I truly believe we are as good as any team in the NFL right now, and can win the whole flippen thing.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I was one of the first responders to that thread, and while my games were off, I think I had us 11-5 or 12-4... Hmmm

rastahawk

Reaction score
How did you guys predict 10 or more wins? I looked at our schedule (before preseason) and I think the best I saw without my rose colored glasses was 8-8. Man am I stoked right now. And to think we should have maybe won a couple more.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
rastahawk":2g015d1u said:
How did you guys predict 10 or more wins? I looked at our schedule (before preseason) and I think the best I saw without my rose colored glasses was 8-8. Man am I stoked right now. And to think we should have maybe won a couple more.

I for sure had my homer glasses on, but I had us beating the packers and niners, maybe even the pats. I was actually having trouble picking games I thought we'd lose. Lol

I think I had us losing at Carolina and Chicago.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The NFC West was MUCH easier in 2005 too. That was the worst division in football during that time. This year the 49ers are in the conversation for best team in the NFL, the Cards have a top 10 D and the Rams are battling for .500.

This team would have had 13 wins with the 2005 version of the NFC West, easy.