Jeremy Lane fastest player on the field?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Speculation here. Just saw some quotes from Pete.

From the official Seahawks site

“First of all, he’s really blessed with great speed,” defensive coordinator Gus Bradley said. “He’s got really good speed and that’s first and foremost one of his greatest assets for us in our ability to stay on top.”

Lane ran the 40 in 4.48 seconds in bad-weather conditions at his Pro Day workout at Northwestern State in March, when he also popped a 42-inch vertical leap. But Lane has a time of 21.5 seconds in the 200-meter dash, 48.0 in the 400 meters and a 23-foot long jump on his resume from Tyler (Texas) High School, as well.

As Carroll said, “I think he’s a 4.3 guy. If he would’ve run what I think he could probably run, I think he’s a 4.3 guy.”

For a case-in-point moment, Carroll points to the burst Lane displayed on a play while covering Randy Moss last week.

“He’s got really, really big-time speed,” Carroll said. “If you look at the throw to Randy Moss, he makes a tremendous burst to get back in that play, in the back of the end zone. That was the first thing that jumped out to me.”

And I got the fastest player on the field bit from Field Gulls, and Danny says it's a quote from Pete.

- It's hard to evaluate slot corner play, but Jeremy Lane is holding his own there. He was used to blitz at least once from the slot. Carroll said he's the fastest player on the field, so I could see this being something they utilize going forward.

High praise, especially with Earl out there.

ParisPC07

Reaction score
Anyone know when that play he mentioned happened? The one where he covered Moss. I'd like to go back and take a look at it.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Pete also said if you lined everyone up on the 1 yard line lane would beat everyone to the end.
or something like that.

kearly

Reaction score
I would love it if Lane became a big time player. He was the late round pick I singled out to be the next Chancellor/Sherman find this year over at SDB when I did draft grades. I am normally dead wrong on those btw. It would be nice if this blind squirrel could find an acorn every once in a while.

I still like Thurmond a lot more, but Lane is a pup. He has the intensity, tackling, and speed, it's just a matter of honing his craft.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
kearly":2hcqs02k said:
I would love it if Lane became a big time player. He was the late round pick I singled out to be the next Chancellor/Sherman find this year over at SDB when I did draft grades. I am normally dead wrong on those btw. It would be nice if this blind squirrel could find an acorn every once in a while.

I still like Thurmond a lot more, but Lane is a pup. He has the intensity, tackling, and speed, it's just a matter of honing his craft.

Lol!

For me though he is certainly passing the eye test. I remember the first play of the 9er game they targeted Lane deep, but he had help from Earl and Earl batted it away at the last moment. At least that's what i first thought, as it turns out after watching the replay it was actually Lane, he really does have an incredible burst.

Does he have any technical flaws or something? Something the untrained eye fails to see?