"Jeremy Lane, what will the Rams do first?"

Jville

Reaction score
121228lane600.jpg

“He showed on deep balls an extraordinary burst at the end of the play that was rare,” Carroll said when asked about the first time Lane impressed him in practice. “It called me to go back to him and talk to him about his track times because his 40 (-yard dash) time was not a time that would be indicative of a guy that can do that.”

Lane ran the 40 in 4.48 seconds in bad-weather conditions at his Pro Day workout at Northwestern State in March, when he also popped a 42-inch vertical leap. But Lane has a time of 21.5 seconds in the 200-meter dash, 48.0 in the 400 meters and a 23-foot long jump on his resume from Tyler (Texas) High School, as well.

As Carroll said, “I think he’s a 4.3 guy. If he would’ve run what I think he could probably run, I think he’s a 4.3 guy.”

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
This is awesome, no one wants to throw to Sherman s side of the field now so the perception is that without Browner over there we have an Achilles heel. Make them pay young man!

Go Hawks!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Definitely the future starter in Browner's current spot. He's kind of like the Bruce Irvin to Chris Clemons.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I love this team. Anytime a player goes down I just say to myself, "Next man up!" And we hardly ever miss a beat. Lane's just another one of those guys that Carroll finds that just can get it done when its asked of him.

Jville

Reaction score
So the Buffalo Bills tested the rookie cornerback on their first play two weeks ago, just as the San Francisco 49ers went after Lane on their first play last week. Both passes were deep throws, with the Bills’ Ryan Fitzpatrick going to T.J. Graham along the sideline and the 49ers’ Colin Kaepernick giving Mario Manningham a chance to test Lane. Both times, however, Lane was more than up to the challenge.

“What I’ve learned is that the game is easier than practice,” Lane said.

Sounds like he is receiving a lot of instruction.
“As he came along he became more and more a student of the game,” Bradley said. “With those guys in the backend – Richard Sherman, Kam (Chancellor) and Earl – I think those guys have really speeded up the learning process for him. Along with the coaches, who met with him extra.

djb28

Reaction score
I liked him from the moment I saw him in pre-season. I do recal some didnt, SHAME ON YOU!

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
pretty sure lane is behind Maxwell on the depth chart. and by the number of reps he has at nickel vrs Maxwell... well someone needs to pull some numbers to tell me otherwise.

mikeak

Reaction score
How is it possible to have so many late round picks playing. I would be extremely curious to see a list of 5th rounders through undrafted that started this year across the NFL

It is one thing after four years in the league but 2012 fifth rounder - amazing

It speaks not only to Schneidera ability to pick players but also to the staffs ability to develop and maximize playcalling.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
mikeak":saplodoy said:
How is it possible to have so many late round picks playing. I would be extremely curious to see a list of 5th rounders through undrafted that started this year across the NFL

It speaks not only to Schneidera ability to pick players but also to the staffs ability to develop and maximize playcalling.
Must be scheme/ having a unique system that demands players that the your average NFL team doesn't see the value in.

rideaducati

Reaction score
mikeak":2cl5u6it said:

The niners have played one of their rookies in one game.

sc85sis

Reaction score
“What I’ve learned is that the game is easier than practice,” Lane said.

I can't tell you how many times I heard/read that from USC players when Pete was the coach. "Practice is where we make us" indeed!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
He looked pretty bad in the game against the 49ers, heres to hoping he plays a little better this time.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Throwdown":1l65fjnl said:
NFSeahawks628":1l65fjnl said:
He looked pretty bad in the game against the 49ers, heres to hoping he plays a little better this time.

He did?

Yeah, right?. I thought he played very well.