Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Seahawks: Relentless
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:05 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

Good read:

Quote:
There's the other thing Carroll has made the Seahawks: relentless.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000117788/article/pete-carroll-seattle-seahawks-win-with-special-approach?campaign=twitter_breer

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post subject: Re: Seahawks: Relentless
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:22 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Yes indeed.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:41 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

Quote:
"Paul Allen gave us the chance to do it the way we wanted to do it, to see what would happen, and develop who we were at SC," he said. "I've never felt like guys trust that way of doing it (in the NFL) like this place does."

That is why he is succeeding. He's thinking outside the box, the next guy in a long line of guys like Bill Walsh, who forge the game into their game and win a few before the rest of the copycat league figures it out.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:27 am 
NET Veteran

I never doubted Coach Carroll and his approach it takes time to get the type of players u want on this roster and he has a keen eye for talent our front office is special like that. The relentless drive comes from the players believing in the system as well as the coach.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:56 am 
* Just Chillin' *

I remember when we appointed him. I was really excited. There were a few that weren't too happy about it but I was stoked. I live in LA and I saw how he won at USC. I hope he brings a title our way. That would be the icing on the cake.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:37 am 
NET Starter

This just confirms my opinion of Pete. He is not only focused on winning but he is changing young men's lives as well. Bravo sir. Bravo! :snack: :th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:39 am 
I'M JIMMY!

I was driving a rental car on the way to the airport in STL when their local radio had the news about Mora getting fired.

By the time I was sitting at the Cuervo bar in the airport the news of PC being hired was being reported. I had 3 doubles and Bud chasers as I laughed in joy and the folks sitting at the bar with me thought I was crazy.

All I could think about was his knowledge of the talent in college and high school at the time, even the players he was just planning on recruiting and having the power to make those choices.

He did not disappoint.

Tate
Unger
Kam
Earl
Sherm
Thurmond
Moffit
Wilson
Wagner
McCoy
Turbin
Sweezy
Irvin
Baldwin*
Wright
Malcolm

All came via rookie process

Browner
Clem
MikeRob
Lynch
Breno
McQuistan
Miller
Branch
Leon
Rice
Flynn

All were picked up

That makes up most of the Seahawks starting roster in some way or another. That is just incredible.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:05 pm 
NET Veteran

loafoftatupu wrote:
I was driving a rental car on the way to the airport in STL when their local radio had the news about Mora getting fired.

By the time I was sitting at the Cuervo bar in the airport the news of PC being hired was being reported. I had 3 doubles and Bud chasers as I laughed in joy and the folks sitting at the bar with me thought I was crazy.

All I could think about was his knowledge of the talent in college and high school at the time, even the players he was just planning on recruiting and having the power to make those choices.

He did not disappoint.

Tate
Unger
Kam
Earl
Sherm
Thurmond
Moffit
Wilson
Wagner
McCoy
Turbin
Sweezy
Irvin
Baldwin*
Wright
Malcolm

All came via rookie process

Browner
Clem
MikeRob
Lynch
Breno
McQuistan
Miller
Branch
Leon
Rice
Flynn

All were picked up

That makes up most of the Seahawks starting roster in some way or another. That is just incredible.

Amen to that. The work this FO has done is nothing short of miraculous.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]