Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Is it time to ditch Thurmond?
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:36 pm 
NET Veteran

he has speed and brings some unique skills that Pete and JS sees, I don't think it is time to drop him. People said the same about Russel Okung and Zach Miller at one point who are highly paid and see how it is working out now. Have patience. this guy will be a beast next season where most of our nickel and dime packages we suffered from this year will be fixed next year.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:30 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

If WTIII signs a contract with his current salary, I see no reason why JS won't bring him back. They brought in Ruud last year who is injured even more than Thurmond and that sort of worked out. Worse case scenario, we hopefully get a late round pick for him if a new CB beats him out in camp next year.

" I am on a constant quest for knowledge" - RW

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:47 pm 
NET Veteran

seahawks08 wrote:
he has speed and brings some unique skills that Pete and JS sees, I don't think it is time to drop him. People said the same about Russel Okung and Zach Miller at one point who are highly paid and see how it is working out now. Have patience. this guy will be a beast next season where most of our nickel and dime packages we suffered from this year will be fixed next year.

Okung has never played fewer than double digit games, it isnt comparable. Miller has missed 3 games in his career, I dont think anybody ever said anything like this about him. WT3 has missed more games since highschool than he has played, he is to health as Evan Moore is to talent.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:06 pm 
* NET Moderator *

ensett wrote:
seahawks08 wrote:

Okung has never played fewer than double digit games, it isnt comparable. Miller has missed 3 games in his career, I dont think anybody ever said anything like this about him. WT3 has missed more games since highschool than he has played, he is to health as Evan Moore is to talent.

This is not true but dont let facts get in your way.

In college he started 41 of 52 games in his 4 years. In the pro's he's played 22 out of 48 (after tomorrow).

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:20 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

I know for a FACT that Thurmond as a child was hurt falling off his bicycle and couldn't complete his paper route.

We just didn't do our due diligence with this guy prior to the draft.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:29 pm 
NET Veteran

Thurman was injured almost all of '08 and played thru it. He was lost after the first game in '09 against Cal with a severe knee injury. He is good when he can play , but he has in reality been injured a great deal since then

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:12 pm 
NET Veteran

No reason to dump him.

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
“It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]