Is it time to ditch Thurmond?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Is it time to ditch Thurmond?
Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:36 pm
  • he has speed and brings some unique skills that Pete and JS sees, I don't think it is time to drop him. People said the same about Russel Okung and Zach Miller at one point who are highly paid and see how it is working out now. Have patience. this guy will be a beast next season where most of our nickel and dime packages we suffered from this year will be fixed next year.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:30 pm
  • If WTIII signs a contract with his current salary, I see no reason why JS won't bring him back. They brought in Ruud last year who is injured even more than Thurmond and that sort of worked out. Worse case scenario, we hopefully get a late round pick for him if a new CB beats him out in camp next year.
    Hawks fan from Vancouver, Canada!

" I am on a constant quest for knowledge" - RW
    CanadianBeastmode
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:47 pm
  • seahawks08 wrote:he has speed and brings some unique skills that Pete and JS sees, I don't think it is time to drop him. People said the same about Russel Okung and Zach Miller at one point who are highly paid and see how it is working out now. Have patience. this guy will be a beast next season where most of our nickel and dime packages we suffered from this year will be fixed next year.

Okung has never played fewer than double digit games, it isnt comparable. Miller has missed 3 games in his career, I dont think anybody ever said anything like this about him. WT3 has missed more games since highschool than he has played, he is to health as Evan Moore is to talent.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:06 pm
  • ensett wrote:
    seahawks08 wrote:he has speed and brings some unique skills that Pete and JS sees, I don't think it is time to drop him. People said the same about Russel Okung and Zach Miller at one point who are highly paid and see how it is working out now. Have patience. this guy will be a beast next season where most of our nickel and dime packages we suffered from this year will be fixed next year.

Okung has never played fewer than double digit games, it isnt comparable. Miller has missed 3 games in his career, I dont think anybody ever said anything like this about him. WT3 has missed more games since highschool than he has played, he is to health as Evan Moore is to talent.

This is not true but dont let facts get in your way.

In college he started 41 of 52 games in his 4 years. In the pro's he's played 22 out of 48 (after tomorrow).
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:20 pm
  • I know for a FACT that Thurmond as a child was hurt falling off his bicycle and couldn't complete his paper route.

We just didn't do our due diligence with this guy prior to the draft.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:29 pm
  • Thurman was injured almost all of '08 and played thru it. He was lost after the first game in '09 against Cal with a severe knee injury. He is good when he can play , but he has in reality been injured a great deal since then
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:12 pm
  • No reason to dump him.
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information