Funny Hawks Jersey Story

NYCoug

Reaction score
The last few days, I've been itching for a new jersey. I was sure that I would have had one by now but I'm still cool with my Trufant Authentic Jersey that I got a few years ago. As Christmas passed, I figured I'd just wait and buy one before the first Playoff game.

So my girlfriend tells me today about how she's waiting for the rest of my Christmas gift. It's supposed to get here in the mail soon. The first part of the gift was, "Light & Shade: Conversations with Jimmy Page." Needless to say, I was psyched about that.

So she hints at me about how my other gift is something I've wanted for a long time. Something I specifically told her to get me. The first thing that comes to my mind "A Seahawks jersey!?" She smiles and says maybe and then confesses to buying me a Seahawks jersey. So I ask her "which one? what player?" She replies with "the grey Browner." So I'm going nuts right about now! For those who don't know, I'm a HUGE Brandon Browner fan. He's one of my favorite Seahawks and I've wanted his jersey all season long. Despite his suspension, I still love the type of aggression and ruthlesness that Browner brings to the game. Russell's quick on his heels for my favorite Hawk, and favorite athlete, at that. I'll quit it with the Browner bromance but for those who want more blatantly homerish Brandon Browner love, here ya go.

http://seafense.blogspot.com/2012/10/some-love-for-brandon-browner.html

So my girl pulls up the link of the jersey she got me and much to my astonishment...

nike_seahawks_1016.jpg

:34853_doh: So I'm sittin there, trying to act like I love it and it's perfect, but I can't hide it. She realizes this and goes "it's not the right one, huh?" I tell her that I've never seen this jersey before and then show her the proper wolf grey. Some of you will get a kick out of this because she looks at it and yells "that's not grey! That's off white, that's a bad laundry job!" It was pretty damn funny.

So I call upon you, my wise sages. I've gotta send this back, right 12's? If I sent it back ASAP I'd probably get it before the first playoff game. Do I stick with my gut and go with Browner? Do I go with blue instead of the grey? Russell Wilson maybe? I wanted to get a unique jersey that not too many people would have. I liked the wolf grey Browner jersey a little more because of that.

I've even thought about getting a Sweezy or Moffitt jersey. I'll keep you guys posted on what goes down.

zhawk

Reaction score
any seahawk jersey is awesome. even if it's neon green!

Steve2222

Reaction score
Send it back and get the proper grey Browner jersey.

zhawk

Reaction score
just to add. a friend gave me a signed generic jersey from steve Largent. think I would reject that. not!! :thirishdrinkers:

Riley12

Reaction score
I'd keep it. It was a gift. No one in the stadium cares about the exact color or make of a jersey, as long as it is Seahawks.

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
Riley12":gdv5ucjd said:
I'd keep it. It was a gift. No one in the stadium cares about the exact color or make of a jersey, as long as it is Seahawks.

That's pretty deep Riley. I'm feelin it. Thanks for helping me keep things in perspective.

12thMode

Reaction score
If she didn't pay too much for it, I would keep it...it actually looks kind of cool for a knock off! I like the neon green outline around the name.

ivotuk

Reaction score
NYCoug":2abbzmdm said:
Riley12":2abbzmdm said:

That's pretty deep Riley. I'm feelin it. Thanks for helping me keep things in perspective.

What he said. It's worth a lot because she took the time to find out what you wanted, then went and got it. It looks really cool and it's definitely unique.

And you can't get the Browner Wolf Grey because he hasn't worn it yet. I know, bummer but that's the way it is.

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
12thMode":36r39h2b said:
If she didn't pay too much for it, I would keep it...it actually looks kind of cool for a knock off! I like the neon green outline around the name.

She paid $130 for it. That's the only reason I thought about sending it back is because that's pretty damn expensive. Or you could look at it as that's the reason why I need to keep it.

I'm gonna wait til it gets here and see how it is and then come to a decision. I'll probably just keep it and buy myself another one. It's actually pretty cool looking.

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
ivotuk":3w3mfpgx said:
NYCoug":3w3mfpgx said:
Riley12":3w3mfpgx said:

What he said. It's worth a lot because she took the time to find out what you wanted, then went and got it. It looks really cool and it's definitely unique.

And you can't get the Browner Wolf Grey because he hasn't worn it yet. I know, bummer but that's the way it is.

Haha good point about Browner not actually wearing the jersey. Never even thought of that. Good call.

Tailspin Hawk Fan

Reaction score
Steve2222":wqmm7sap said:

In agreement - get the right grey jersey (Browner). You can wear it for our second playoff game if it doesn't get here in time for our first.

Okay gotta say ... I'm a girl and if I was your girlfriend I'd want you to get the exact jersey you wanted so you wouldn't at some point ---- deep deep down inside - be pissed that I got you the wrong jersey. If you end up liking the one she got you - by all means keep it and wear it with pride! It's all about what YOU like and want to wear to support your Hawks...:)

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Steve2222":s3e3pnsx said:

This is what I would do as well. green on that jersey just isn't right, and it's the old logo with the lighter blue on the bottom for God's sake.

However, it is very cool that your women even thought to give you a jersey as a gift.

Riley12

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2cazc4vc said:
However, it is very cool that your women even thought to give you a jersey as a gift.

That's my point too. It represents her (current) best attempt at encouraging you in your obsession. That is priceless.

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":kkaxzzr0 said:
Steve2222":kkaxzzr0 said:

This is what I would do as well. green on that jersey just isn't right, and it's the old logo with the lighter blue on the bottom for God's sake.

That's what I'm taking away from this. The fact that she even remembered that and got it for me is pretty awesome.

I actually don't mind the old logo. My cousin, a Cowboys fan, got me this jacket after we made a bet for the Cowboys/Hawks game. It had a note in the packet and everything. "To the biggest Hawks fan I know. Do your thing cuz! Go Hawks!" It's got the old logo and color scheme but it's still pretty sweet and I've gotten the thumbs up of approval from many a Hawk fan I run into now.

mZls-u4yGgKP5Wr5KioxgjQ.jpg

Needless to say, the women in my life have been hookin it up for me this year!

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
Riley12":18xb1y8c said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":18xb1y8c said:

That's my point too. It represents her (current) best attempt at encouraging you in your obsession. That is priceless.

That's pretty damn funny and true Riley. Just showed my girlfriend that and we had a pretty good laugh. Great perspective.

Axx

Reaction score
I accidentally bought one from a Chinese website that claimed to be legit, the stitching is horrible, its all off.
ANd the worst part is i paid full price for it......
ugh fml.

Theres not much I could do about it though.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I'd return it and get the one you really want. My GF mentioned she wanted a new vaccum a couple months ago so I bought her one for Christmas. It wasn't the exact model she wanted but she was super excited because it was paid for and she could exchange it for the one she really wanted. Didn't take it personal at all because she's still getting the same gift, just a bit different.

PAT206

Reaction score
keep that shit find a pair of shoes to match it!

Sac

Reaction score
Keep it. It was a gift. Even if it's a knock off it's still cool. Just save some dough and buy the one you really want and hang the gift up on the wall.

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1gkoqrc1 said:
Keep it. It was a gift. Even if it's a knock off it's still cool. Just save some dough and buy the one you really want and hang the gift up on the wall.

Good idea SacHawk, nice.