Whats your confidence level in Hauschka?

Road game. Good weather. 48 yard game deciding FG.

• Boom! Automatic

Votes: 25 17.5%
  • 75% chance he makes it.

Votes: 81 56.6%
  • 50/50

Votes: 32 22.4%
  • 25% chance he makes it.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • We're doomed. Season over.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm usually an eternal optimist, and maybe its just the Duck fan coming out in me since we've suffered some soul crushing missed kicks the last few years, but I have a nagging feeling that he might be our weak link that bites us at some point on our trip to the Superbowl.

Road game. 2 seconds left down by 2 points. 48 yard field goal in good weather conditions. How confident are you?

I'm at 50/50 leaning towards 25%.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have had the same weird feeling of doubt with him. I'm still aggravated that he doesn't have the leg to kick it out the back of the endzone on kickoffs.

cacksman

Reaction score
Aros":23vpgp4i said:
I have had the same weird feeling of doubt with him. I'm still aggravated that he doesn't have the leg to kick it out the back of the endzone on kickoffs.

This is probably where the doubt from us all comes from.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Alot of his kicks seem to have a low trajectory - blocks a possibility?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I have no real idea why, but he has made me nervous since he signed with us. Something about him just scares the crap out of me, especially if the game ends up on the line.

zhawk

Reaction score
no offence, but this sounds like my wife. as soon as I fix something she's not happy with... she finds something else to be unhappy with. well.... I've been married a long time. :34853_doh:

NYCoug

Reaction score
Earlier in the season, when this team was looking like a "leave it late" type of team that was going to be involved in a ton of tight games, I was thinking about Hauschka's future. He's been solid with us during his time with the team but it's a position the front office could potentially look to upgrade.

Fast forward to now and those concerns seem a thing of the past. Hauschka's become a bit of an afterthought during all of the offensive, defensive, and teams dominance. I felt more confident in him last season, I think largely in part because he seemed to have a much stronger leg in 2011.

Things MIGHT (key word here) not always be 58-0 blowouts though. There's gonna come a day where we need Steven to bang one through for the win. Hopefully it has a better ending then the Atlanta game last year. Just imagine for a second, that this team had a young kicker like Zuerlein, Walsh, or Forbath in their back pocket. Obviously, none of those guys will ever see the time of day on the market. However, we've seen PC/JS nail draft picks at nearly every other position. I'd love to pick their brain to see what they both think on what makes a great kicker and how important they feel the kicker is to the team. I guess we'll see if they land the "Kicker of the Future" in the near future.

Can you imagine some of the "kicker of the future" talk we'd see on .Net? You thought all the QB and uniforms threads were bad?!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
What's his touchback %?

I'm guessing it's not that bad... maybe 80 percentile?

Who has the stats?

NYCoug

Reaction score
His stats are way more impressive than I thought. Shows what happens when you trust in your own confirmation bias.

22/25 on field goals, good for 88%, with a long of 52.

82 Kickoffs
66.5 AVG
34 Touchbacks
Returners are averaging 23 YDS per kickoff.

http://www.nfl.com/player/stevenhauschka/2507374/profile

So 41% of his kickoffs have been for touchbacks. Gonna check out how that stacks up to the rest of the league.

Random kicker note. Pretty crazy to see that Rian Lindell has transformed into one of the best kickers in the game. Not just from distance anymore either. He's been very reliable. The same can be said for Hausch.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hauschka has been pretty automatic. Guy has a leg too, pretty convinced he's coached to not crush the ball through the EZ on kickoffs. I have faith in the guy, not like he has shown Crosby/Cundiff tendencies yet.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have this same uneasy feeling. Probably, our feelings were all magnified a little bit when Pete chose not to kick from around 50 in Miami.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
That last option looks like it was tailor-made for me, but I went with 75%.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Inside of 45 I'm pretty much 100% confident in him, outside of that my confidence drops exponentially with each yard farther away....

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Confidence is fine, the dude is perfect inside 50 yards, he hasn't really been tested to take a big kick here (Atlanta game withstanding), let's keep it that way.