Chancellor Hit Clean - No fine.

dunceface

Reaction score
Yeah Anthony Davis got fined $100,000 for that cheap ass bullshit on Lane too! HA

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
On the field though, Goodell has got he officials conditioned to throw a flag on almost every hard hit. I hope the owners vote that sumbitch OUT!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Mandu":gibt25sj said:
On the field though, Goodell has got he officials conditioned to throw a flag on almost every hard hit. I hope the owners vote that sumbitch OUT!

Something HAS to be done in the next "Off Season" to save Professional Football as we now know it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1uj9u5pm said:
Mandu":1uj9u5pm said:

Something HAS to be done in the next "Off Season" to save Professional Football as we now know it.

All the ex players dropping their law suits would be an excellent start. But that aint happening. I put all this on those guys much more then I do on Goodell. Love him or hate him Goodell is trying to SAVE football as we know it. (whether he's doing the right thing or not obviously can be debated)

madbohem

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3buxi2dk said:
Bigpumpkin":3buxi2dk said:
Mandu":3buxi2dk said:

All the ex players dropping their law suits would be an excellent start. But that aint happening. I put all this on those guys much more then I do on Goodell. Love him or hate him Goodell is trying to SAVE football as we know it. (whether he's doing the right thing or not obviously can be debated)

This

Strikes as about as logical as when McDonald's got sued for hot coffee.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Someone should link this on 49erswebzone so they can stop crying.

piston bully

Reaction score
As is should be.If the K train was going to deliver a snot bubbler on me I would much rather get it in the chest than being hit around the knees.Torn acls take allot more than a week to recover from.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
madbohem":2kk6s150 said:
JSeahawks":2kk6s150 said:
Bigpumpkin":2kk6s150 said:

This

Strikes as about as logical as when McDonald's got sued for hot coffee.
Wow.

You do know don't you that the lady who sued McD's won because the coffee wasn't hot, it was so hot that just a tiny sip to see how hot it was took all the skin off of her tongue. We're not talking, careful lady, that's hot coffee. We're talking, careful lady, that'll burn a hole in your shoe if you spill it on yourself.

As for this being the "fault" of the players suing. They have every right to. God that's insensitive to think that these guys who suffered major brain trauma and have disabilities should just be told "tough luck". It's BS. If the game is causing this, then the game HAS to change. If DB's can't hit those guys like that anymore, then some other kind of advantage needs to be given to the DB's to balance the game and allow them to compete. There's always going to be injuries, but there should NEVER be an attitude of well, brain damage is part of the game.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1uniq7o3 said:
[As for this being the "fault" of the players suing. They have every right to. God that's insensitive to think that these guys who suffered major brain trauma and have disabilities should just be told "tough luck". It's BS. If the game is causing this, then the game HAS to change. If DB's can't hit those guys like that anymore, then some other kind of advantage needs to be given to the DB's to balance the game and allow them to compete. There's always going to be injuries, but there should NEVER be an attitude of well, brain damage is part of the game.

I dont disgree with you at all. I have no problem at all with recent rule changes to try to avoid concussions and injuries. I dont even mind the "pussifying" of the game and you'll never hear me complaining about it. It still looks like football to me. I dont support those ex-players in their law suits though. They knew what they were getting into and it was their choice to play pro football, nobody forced them to do it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
dunceface":ud99n0x0 said:
RolandDeschain":ud99n0x0 said:
dunceface":ud99n0x0 said:
Yeah Anthony Davis got fined $100,000 for that cheap ass bullshit on Lane too! HA
You're off by a zero. ;)

Oops! Got a lil tap happy there...
Wasn't trying to be a grammar Nazi, I just saw it and went holy cow, really? As I looked it up. Then I was disappointed, haha. Figures with that $50k fine someone got recently, $100k was possible for a serious repeat offender. Would have been awesome to see.

dunceface

Reaction score
Yeah I was just checking this stuff quickly earlier and didn't even really think about it haha *puts on dunce cap*

HawkWow

Reaction score
We spoke of this in a different thread an it seems most humans agree the helmet to helmet, when intentional, must be dealt with to preserve the futures of these players. Goodell instructing his minions to throw a flag everytime a hit is questionable, is apparently just how it's going to be. But, as uncommom as common sense can be, it must be implemented for the sake of the sport. These penalized plays should be subject to review. None of cared too much Sunday nite because the play did no harm and a great special teams play scored us 7. What if that penalty resulted in an SF TD? Had the play been reviewed, I believe it would have been 4th down SF (I might be off on the down).

Further, when a tackler has already committed to his tackle, and (let's say) the RB lowers his head resulting in H2H contact. Technically, that should be the runners fault, though it never gets called that way. Review the damn play, if there was no malicious intent, pick up the flag. Simple, thinks me. Should be viewed the same as an accidental butt in boxing.

dunceface

Reaction score
^+1
Just like TDs now call it more often, but use the review to determine validity of call.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Stupid question here. Why doesn't the NFL make players sign a waiver saying you know the dangers of playing this game and you can't sue us if something happens to you? Your choice to play or not.

Latest posts