Andrew Perloff SI "Rams will hold Seahawks under 30 points"

ivotuk

Reaction score
I disagree with his prediction but everyone is entitled to their opinion. :D

"8. The Rams hold the Seahawks to under 30 points
The Seahawks have averaged 50 points a game over the last three weeks. No team can keep that up, let alone one whose strength is defense, not offense. All season long, quarterback Russell Wilson and the 'Hawks have been defying expectations, but at some point this torrid pace has to slow down. It's probably best for the Seahawks if they cool off just a little headed into the postseason just to remind them this game isn't as easy as they've made it look."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... z2GODrycC1

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2tr6pg4g said:
I disagree with his prediction but everyone is entitled to their opinion. :D

"8. The Rams hold the Seahawks to under 30 points
The Seahawks have averaged 50 points a game over the last three weeks. No team can keep that up, let alone one whose strength is defense, not offense. All season long, quarterback Russell Wilson and the 'Hawks have been defying expectations, but at some point this torrid pace has to slow down. It's probably best for the Seahawks if they cool off just a little headed into the postseason just to remind them this game isn't as easy as they've made it look."
So the only reason he's saying is because 'no team can keep that up'? No team had scored 50 points in back to back games in forever either. no team was thought to be able to depants the 49ers, and so on. Whatever. I'm saying we score 30 or more just to spit the Derp.

The Radish

Reaction score
I think the real question is how many points do the Seahawks hold the Rams to?

After the last few weeks I don't see the Rams scoring 30 points on us either.

:les:

chawx

Reaction score
It would be a miracle if the Rams kept us under 30... I don't see how we don't score, at least, the 42 points that we put up on the Niners?

56 - 63 seems more likely than under 30. The D and special teams might score 30 by themselves

Hawks46

Reaction score
The Patriots have been doing it to people for the last 5 years without slowing down. What was it, 2007 ? when Brady and co. trashed the league and had folks whining about running up the score ?

There is historical precedent to invalidate his argument.

Twisted

Reaction score
they just don't know when to shut up do they?

title implications on the line, in the Clink, yea sure they're just going to slow down cuz you think they should...

I smell a nuther lockdown!!!!

The Radish

Reaction score
ivotuk":3b7laf1w said:
Just for a laugh; Peter Kings picks includes this "gem" Final Score: Tennessee 3 - Jacksonville 2

Jacksonville Jaguars (2-13) at Tennessee Titans (5-10)
In the Munchak-Mularkey Job Saving Bowl, my only question is this: Do fans actually have to attend?

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... z2GOHN22jF

I remember a true "Black & Blue Division" score years ago. I think it was Packers & Minnesota. Pack won 5-2

:les:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
We are going to get the lead and play a bit more vanilla this week. Plus the Rams aren't bad.

Seattle 27

Rams 16 or fewer.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I don't think this will quite be the curbstomping of the last few weeks, and I sure hope people don't irrationally freak out if we "only" score 27 or something, but I do expect a win by double digits.

DohBoy

Reaction score
I could care less if we do or don't score 30 points...as long as we get the win and nobody gets hurt.

If the score is akin to what we've seen the last three weeks, and we're multiple scores ahead in the third quarter, I'd really be surprised if PC left the key starters in. Factor in the probability of the Cards laying an egg at the Whiners, and I tend to agree with the the <30 point final. That said, slowing down the "torrid pace" of the team will be due to PC rolling off the throttle, not for the reasons indicated in the article.

Of course, if the Rams starters can't stop Flynn, Turbin and the others out there on mop-up duty, then all bets are off. But the Rams are a good team, looking for a winning season and trying to go undefeated in the division; I think this'll be a closer contest than many are expecting/hoping for.

DohBoy

djb28

Reaction score
Fuel their fire. It is awesome. 31 points here we come!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
ivotuk":xrgkkzq1 said:
The Seahawks have averaged 50 points a game over the last three weeks. No team can keep that up, let alone one whose strength is defense, not offense.

Another mediot who hasn't actually been watching games.

Chapman

Reaction score
Andrew Perloff or Mclovin as he's called on the Dan Patrick show is wrong 80% of the time.
It's kind of his thing to be the wanna be hipster sports nerd.
He also has a segment of against the grain and he is very inaccurate there as well.
Don't sweat it.

Largent80

Reaction score
CharlieSheen winning Is all that matters, by one point, I don't give a shit if it is 3-2, just give me that WIN. Then....Go Cards !!!!!