Frightening Thought: Russell Wilson will get better

PGunning101

Reaction score
To me the most exciting thing about this stretch of football that's being played right now is the thought that Russell Wilson will continue to get better. His peak, through improved reading of defenses, improved ability to adjust protections and audible to plays based on the defense, improved awareness of passing lanes, and many other skills that can be sharpened even further, may still be years away.

The thought that Jim Harbaugh knows this and is confronted with it every waking moment fills me with joy.

Axx

Reaction score
Whiners already consider him as the next Kurt Warner, as in he is going to be a pain for years to come....

Shock2k

Reaction score
Seriously though, how much better can he do? He's now got the 4th Highest QBR of all time (99.3) so I guess there is room for a little improvement. Under him his team went on a scoring run unmatched for 62 years. It's kind of mind boggling what's next. Well an SB of course. I'm ready to enjoy the ride.

OP
OP
P

PGunning101

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1n11iev2 said:
Rams fans say he is overrated.

[Rams announcer voice]

It's time for the newest episode of "Ram Rules"!

With your help, the 12th Ram(TM) can help the team get Dome Field Advantage(TM)!

Ram Rule #3:

(pause)

(sees Russell Wilson)

(screams of gibbering, unimaginable lovecraftian horror fill the air).

------

Rams fans will learn.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Wilson is slowly inching his way to that god-like elite level of production from the QB position where he's "pissing lightning and crapping thunder", as prophet-ized by Tech Worlds on 5/9/2012.

Sadly, I should add that Dom's predictive statement was in jest on that day.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Here's the thing about Wilson that a lot of people haven't realized yet; he's having the season he's having while running his third offensive system in three years. His ability to process information so quickly is impressive.

Now, if we can get him a true game breaker to throw to, this offense will be truly scary, and will cement us as legitimate title contenders for the next five years and beyond.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Well let's not forget that Wilson definately was at the helm of this scoring run, it was a team effort. The Arizona game for instance wilson only threw for 1 td. There are definately area's he can improve on. And he will be the first to tell you.

I find it very exciting personally.

nsport

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2i4365g1 said:

That's because they have their own overrated QB on the roster.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
PGunning101":3861p99d said:
Tech Worlds":3861p99d said:

[Rams announcer voice]

It's time for the newest episode of "Ram Rules"!

With your help, the 12th Ram(TM) can help the team get Dome Field Advantage(TM)!

Ram Rule #3:

(pause)

(sees Russell Wilson)

(screams of gibbering, unimaginable lovecraftian horror fill the air).

------

Rams fans will learn.

Lovecraftian horror - excellent! Straight from The Necronomicon...

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Will the RAMS ever win 10 games ... with their $50 millions QB also known as Sam Bradford?

Seahawker86

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":8hrvqhjw said:
He'll get better once we get better receivers.

exactly what I was about to post. I think we draft another Doug Baldwin or Golden tate type of playing or maybe get one VIA FA which I doubt will happen. You guys have to remember though Doug Baldwin had been battling injuries all year long and we finally have him back. This team got healthy at the right time. We will go deep into the playoffs and I think this is our year.

AirForceSeahawk

Reaction score
I think that's what people are confused about. Many of us are excited about the future, not just this year performance. And we are surprised that it happened now.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":zvv9wxel said:
MontanaHawk05":zvv9wxel said:
He'll get better once we get better receivers.

exactly what I was about to post. I think we draft another Doug Baldwin or Golden tate type of playing or maybe get one VIA FA which I doubt will happen.

That's what I DON'T want. I want someone who can run routes, flash open in the first two seconds pf the play, give us some quick short/intermediate options, rather than forcing Wilson to double-clutch from the pocket ten times and then scramble a la SF. He's amazing at it, but eventually I fear it's going to get him killed. I'd like DeAndre Hopkins or Markus Wheaton.

drdiags

Reaction score
The Seahawks haven't armed Wilson with the Hurry-Up yet. They probably have been working on it and most likely will break it out next week. I am not sure how much freedom he has with audibles either. So he should get better as time goes on and he has full command of the playbook.

12thMode

Reaction score
Wilson is very smart and is constantly doing what he can to make himself and this team better even if that means coming in to work early and staying late to study film etc. IMO he WILL only get better as time progresses. Ceiling is really high for this kid, and dare I mention it, but I do not think he will have a "Sophomore Slump". We have finally found our elite franchise QB!