Could we have peaked too soon?

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Everyone talks about the goal being to go into the playoffs playing your best football, and the last few weeks have been just that... But it seems like it's been a little bit too good, a little bit too early. A team doesn't stay hot forever, and this team has been white hot for 3 weeks. 9 straight weeks would be an unprecedented run, and one I don't think this team can keep up this pace throughout.

Just some food for thought.

pcbball12

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":1tkrb6xo said:
Everyone talks about the goal being to go into the playoffs playing your best football, and the last few weeks have been just that... But it seems like it's been a little bit too good, a little bit too early. A team doesn't stay hot forever, and this team has been white hot for 3 weeks. 9 straight weeks would be an unprecedented run, and one I don't think this team can keep up this pace throughout.

Just some food for thought.
One can argue that they haven't even peaked yet. Been doing it without Browner and with an absolutely inept pass rush.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The answer is a resounding... ""Not only NO, but HELL NO!!""

This team is still peaking. The crest is 5 weeks away.

OP
OP
ChrisB Bacon

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3e34fw72 said:
Denver has won 10 straight, just sayin'.
I'm not saying we're necessarily going to lose, not at all, but there's a good chance we won't be playing our best football of the year in the playoffs.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Holy shmeer, Batman!
I'm looking through my blue and lime green glasses, but I don't even see a hint of peaking, let alone too early. I see a team that is gelling and hungry, oh so hungry. Don't forget capable, oh so capable. And the Hawks don't need to win by 50 to advance to the next playoff round.

OP
OP
ChrisB Bacon

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2j3kh8wv said:
My wife always tells me that I peaked too soon.
20391_CryingNiner.gif

Shock2k

Reaction score
We have another 2 years before we starting getting to a peak. We have one of the youngest teams in football.

mikeak

Reaction score
In 3 years you will look back on this thread and laugh - you know after we are the first team to score 300 points in December including 200 in 3 games and the first team to hold two straight opponents to negative yardage

Shock2k

Reaction score
If we kept an opponent to negative yardage in a game, that would be it for me on defense. "Oh ya, 85' Bears were Ok, but did the ever neggy an team? Didn't think so."

Barthawk

Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me figure out the fan boner of the pass rush.. we cannot be top 10 at every single category.. best scoring defense in the NFL is the best stat to explain how well the defense is playing..

Kaepernick was pressured pretty good most of the evening, but has the mobility to evade the sacks.. watch how well Bradford gets pounded this weekend..

we are top 15 in the NFL in sacks... plenty good for me..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2noczj1p said:

Little do our wives know that we peak too soon on purpose cause Sportscenter is starting in 10.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ckz4mg3 said:
Tech Worlds":3ckz4mg3 said:

Little do our wives know that we peak too soon on purpose cause Sportscenter is starting in 10.

It is called DVR :) and when needed you make an excuse to schedule the recording through the phone :D