Might be the last time we play Steven Jackson as a Ram.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Or at all. Hints that he might retire, although I doubt that he will. I've always liked and enjoyed Jackson even though he's been a Ram his whole career. He and Larry Fitzgerald are the two rivals who i've always loved and respected. Lots of memories of Jackson but the best memory is that he actually made Aaron Curry look like a 1st round pick for one game when Curry kept blowing Jackson up and getting under his skin.

Jackson intimated Thursday that he might retire at the end of this season. Though he laughed as he said it, the 29-year-old running back didn't retreat from the idea when asked how serious he was about the possibility

"If I have to write my story," Jackson said Thursday, "I'd rather go out like Barry Sanders and leaving people to want more than to leave too late."

So, how many more seasons does that mean are left for Jackson?

"Maybe this last one," he said laughing. "Those hits hurt."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87845 ... t-possible

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Jackson reminds me a little of Fitzgerald. Great player on a bad team.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I could see the Patriots picking him up for a year or two, bastards.

Barthawk

Reaction score
I too have respect Jackson for what he does on and off the field.. I too am enamoured at the fact that he is 2-13 in his career vs the Hawks (as a starter).. and has never had a 100yd rushing day against us..

MrCarey

Reaction score
One of my favorite runningbacks. He's always played with pride and doesn't let being on a bad team hold him down. Much respect to that guy and I hope he continues to play if he can remain healthy and wants to keep going.

irocdave

Reaction score
SJ was the Rams offense for several years. His carreer reminds me alot of Chris Warren's. I see Dallas in his future, but the Rams should make room for him on the roster next year. The Rams will be a playoff caliber team next year, would be a shame to see him sent packing.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
Gotta say even though he was never a Seahawk i have always respected the way he played the game. Much like Marshawn does now days. Have a lot of repsect for him just for the reason that he stuck with the same organization over his entire career and i hope it stays that way. I hope the same for Trufant as well. Has been my favorite player since he was drafted but i am afraid and as much as i hate saying i really hope he hangs them up after this year or next and retires as a career Seahawk.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Barthawk":2q2wueka said:
has never had a 100yd rushing day against us..

Thus. All this love.

Had Jackson been more of a thorn in our sides, there'd be alot more "good riddances and hope you end up on an AFC team if you decide you still have something in the tank" kinda sendoffs.

Fortunately for us tho, Steven ended up being drafted in the first year or so of the rams' un-building stage.

taz291819

Reaction score
Jackson gets major props from me. He was the one person that I truly feared on the Ram's squad every year. Just like Fitz with the Cards.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I would love to see him grab a couple thousand more yards and ride off into the sunset as a surefire HOFer.

MrCarey

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1u4krlk9 said:
Barthawk":1u4krlk9 said:

Thus. All this love.

Had Jackson been more of a thorn in our sides, there'd be alot more "good riddances and hope you end up on an AFC team if you decide you still have something in the tank" kinda sendoffs.

Fortunately for us tho, Steven ended up being drafted in the first year or so of the rams' un-building stage.

I dunno, I respect the shit out of Frank Gore and want him to stick around, because he makes our team play harder and deserves respect.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
MrCarey":3np3jzws said:
400WattHPSHawk":3np3jzws said:
Barthawk":3np3jzws said:

Thus. All this love.

I dunno, I respect the shit out of Frank Gore and want him to stick around, because he makes our team play harder and deserves respect.

Yeah, I never said i didn't repect him, that i do. But the larger omission left out was this dude :sarcasm_on: , or possibly this guy :stirthepot:

Latest posts