NO MORE HIDING FOR HAWKS

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
NO MORE HIDING FOR HAWKS
Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Re: NO MORE HIDING FOR HAWKS
Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:30 pm
  • good article
    storm74
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:31 pm
  • Sweet!
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:34 pm
  • Awesome except for the "they're" where a "their" should be.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:36 pm
  • Nice
    Displaced to the south by marriage..... Lifetime Hawk fan BY CHOICE!!! (not always an easy choice)
    HAWKFaninBAMA
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:40 pm
  • That article is so good I had to read it twice. I like it, I'm ready to be the bad guy. I'm ready to collect the tears of the destroyed at the end of games, and drink it while cackeling wildly.

Seaaaaahaaaaawwwwwkssss. Muuuuhahahahahahahahahaah. Your tears are so sweet on my lips!

Ok, maybe not that far. Maybe a little more passive aggressive Seattel style.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:40 pm
  • rideaducati wrote:Awesome except for the "they're" where a "their" should be.

Also "your" and "you're"
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:44 pm
  • Nice article! Fun and well-written. I take exception to one of his themes, though.

No team with Russell Wilson is 'the bad guy' and

Fans all over the country DEFINITELY do NOT hate us.

I think the inverse is true. I wish I had catalogued all the random conversations I have had with friends, co-workers, and strangers. (ALL being fans of other teams first). They LOVE this Seahawks team. For one reason or another. For one player or another. They love to watch us. They find themselves cheering for us. They are fascinated by us. Believe me. We are becoming MANY MANY people's so-called 'second favorite team'.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:58 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:Nice article! Fun and well-written. I take exception to one of his themes, though.

I think the inverse is true. I wish I had catalogued all the random conversations I have had with friends, co-workers, and strangers. (ALL being fans of other teams first). They LOVE this Seahawks team. For one reason or another. For one player or another. They love to watch us. They find themselves cheering for us. They are fascinated by us. Believe me. We are becoming MANY MANY people's so-called 'second favorite team'.

Everybody loves the underdog story. That's what we truly are. A 5'10 rookie QB playing in S. Alaska. It's what movies are made of.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:00 pm
  • I live in Socal, and all season long everyone has been laughing at me wearing Hawk gear and saying we haven't done anything. now they are being nice to me and I am being the asshole now.

I'm tired of being the nice guy, I want blood. I could care less if other teams players are out, get knocked out, or anything else.

I just want to keep kicking asses.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:01 pm
  • They may love us now, but that love hate thing is two edged. People loved the Pats when they knocked off the Rams, then Brady love, then oh god can someone please knock them off, then we hate Belicheck, hate Brady, success breeds that.

It's ok really, don't forget all the love hate we had in 2005 from other fans, fans that wanted us to knock off other teams. Fans that wanted us to kick the Steelers ass in the SB, and the fans that came back to support us after that fiasco of offciating.

We also had a lot of fans mostly in division that ramped up thier disdain for us, Rams fans in particular at that time.

We are developing a image, now I think the jury is still out as to what it is, is it our punch you in the face defense or is it Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch on the offense. I still think it's our defense with respect for Lynch on the offense. It will be interesting to see if that evolves to Wilson and then the defense.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:19 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:Nice article! Fun and well-written. I take exception to one of his themes, though.

Agreed. The nature of my profession has me dealing with tourists on a regular basis. I see this guy the other day sporting an OSU Buckeye shirt. Seemed like a good natured dude so I rib him by asking "who do you like to win the natty this year"? Needless to say, he had a lot to say about his Buckeyes. I tell him being a life-long Dawg fan, I can relate to his probation-induced anguish. He then asks if I was originally from Seattle. I tell him yes and for the next 30 minutes, we talk only Seahawks (in the most flattering of terms). I was impressed by this outsider's knowledge of our team and I am seeing this more and more. As a Hawk fan, it's a level of respect I am unfamiliar with.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:32 pm
  • Very good article, but the grammar problems made me want to gouge my eyes out. Proofread that ish, author! Lol. Paste it into Microsoft Word if it's that much trouble, it'll catch most of what's wrong.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:40 pm

I too have experienced this. Its tough to talk sh** anymore. Everyone is always like,," you know I love ""this team"" but I really like the Seahawks"....... All the time.
    seahawkfreak
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:46 pm
  • And no more underdog crap. Thats for losers trying to be winners or win once. I want a dominant nasty team. I want to be like the Raiders of the 70's but more bad ass and low penalties.
    seahawkfreak
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:59 pm
  • I must say it is a change of pace to talk football with fans of other teams and not feel like I have to defend why I think the Hawks can win. I can deal with other fans hatred / jealousy, give us SB wins. Feels like souls are being sold saying this, but yea, multiple SB wins, we can deal with the rest.
    irocdave
    NET Starter

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information