This is unbelievable....

HAWKFaninBAMA

Reaction score
So I'm watching around the league live on NFL Network and they have a short segment about who will go further in the playoffs Seattle or San Francisco.... The one dude says "not to be on the fence, but I think the team who is playing at home will go further" and I'm like ok, typical analyst cop out.

The second guy, Charlie something or other says "I think Seattle is playing better, I think Wilson is playing better than Kapernick, and Seattle is healthier." Then he says "San Francisco has the advantage and will go further" HOW DOES SH*T LIKE THIS CONTINUE TO HAPPEN......It only took 4 days for the world to forget that we throttled the whiners..... What do we have to do? WILL A SUPERBOWL RING CHANGE THE PERSPECTIVE?

pinksheets

Reaction score
Who cares? They're making educated guesses, not stating facts, and on the other hand, you're mad because their guesses don't match yours.

They're acknowledging the Seahawks are playing well, so it's not a lack of respect. It's just a silly thing to get worked up about. If you won't be pleased until media pundits are doing nothing but heaping praise on the Seahawks, calling them the unquestioned Superbowl champs, and projecting them to go undefeated for the next five seasons, you're going to get your blood pressure up more often than doctors recommend.

NorCal

Reaction score
You guys will most likely have to play all your playoff games on the road. I can see why they are convinced that is a tough task for the Seahawks.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HAWKFaninBAMA":2mcewlgc said:
So I'm watching around the league live on NFL Network and they have a short segment about who will go further in the playoffs Seattle or San Francisco.... The one dude says "not to be on the fence, but I think the team who is playing at home will go further" and I'm like ok, typical analyst cop out.

The second guy, Charlie something or other says "I think Seattle is playing better, I think Wilson is playing better than Kapernick, and Seattle is healthier." Then he says "San Francisco has the advantage and will go further" HOW DOES SH*T LIKE THIS CONTINUE TO HAPPEN......It only took 4 days for the world to forget that we throttled the whiners..... What do we have to do? WILL A SUPERBOWL RING CHANGE THE PERSPECTIVE?

Jesus, man, relax. Why does it matter?

rideaducati

Reaction score
NorCal":1mam8s5x said:
You guys will most likely have to play all your playoff games on the road. I can see why they are convinced that is a tough task for the Seahawks.

I would be willing to wager just about anything that the "experts" that think Seattle can't win on the road have not watched more than one entire road Seahawk game. I'm sure they have looked at the final score and the stats and maybe a highlight reel, but that is it. I look forward to Seattle playoff games. The way Seattle is playing NOW, they can win anywhere, anytime.

OP
OP
HAWKFaninBAMA

HAWKFaninBAMA

Reaction score
I guess it bothers me because I feel like we deserve some sort of respect by now..... We won't get it, but I think we deserve it...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
To the OP: you need an attitude change.

Try this: “When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass” The one and only Bobby Knight.

Stop wanting validation so much, the hate is sweeter if you just wait til we actually accomplish something, then stick it to them. Prison Rules.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
NorCal":39ffcnlo said:

Agreed. It will be a daunting task, but doable. Not until we win the big one will try be any changing of minds. Even then they will say it was a fluke. So we will have to win 2 in a row I guess.

OP
OP
HAWKFaninBAMA

HAWKFaninBAMA

Reaction score
Plus I think it's different being a displaced fan and NEVER hearing positives, at least you guys have the local media....

The Radish

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2srdi0ck said:
HAWKFaninBAMA":2srdi0ck said:
.............What do we have to do? WILL A SUPERBOWL RING CHANGE THE PERSPECTIVE?
Yes

Just exactly what is it you think we have accomplished so far? We've made the playoffs and that's it, so have a bunch of other teams.

Get a grip. If we someday have a couple of years history of being a good team I'd wager you'll hear about it. Until then?????

:141847_bnono:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HAWKFaninBAMA":1q7p6u9j said:
Plus I think it's different being a displaced fan and NEVER hearing positives, at least you guys have the local media....

I live in Minnesota. North Dakota prior to that. Embrace the overlooked and under-appreciated identity of this team. It's all I had for decades. And It won't last much longer.

ceej22

Reaction score
Don't let it get to you. All that matters is the Superbowl. Its like all the experts rating Seahawks draft as a fail. All that doesn't matter now that Wilson is a beast.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have the tough road, we have a history of having a hard time winning on the road, all challanges that this team takes pride in making the crow population diminish with.

I will sit back and watch us play the Rams and then providing business is taken care of watch the Cards score closely. After that it's a crap shoot and we will just have to man up and take it as it comes.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I agree with some of the posters on here. DON"T GET UPSET over the lack of coverage. The sweetest thing I've known being a Seattle fan was getting to the Super Bowl in 2005. Why? Because the media had nothing to do for 2 weeks except talk about the Hawks/ Steelers.

I can't wait for this week to be over so we can get geared up for playoff week. I EXPECT us to make it to the divisional round. A Wildcard loss would be very disappointing to me. I'm hoping to be in the NFC championship game where anything can happen.

This is the most exciting time of the year and with Russell Wilson I have supreme faith that we'll be well positioned in all of our remaining games.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
When we started our playoff run under Holmgren, we got a few compliments, but most "experts" called us one-and-done. They were right until they weren't.

After 2005, though, I remember Seattle getting the benefit of a doubt for the next couple years, at least from everyone who wasn't fixating on how bad the NFC West always was. There was the expectation that Seattle would contend.

So I think another Super Bowl appearance will get us some more respect. A Super Bowl ring would definitely do it. A series of Super Bowl rings? We might just become the next Dallas Cowboys.