Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 am
Posts: 2304
VHawk wrote:
How is it that fridayfrenzy only posts about Sherman and PED's?


Because it is Aaron Rodgers alias!

_________________
#NEXTMANUP


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:13 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:16 pm
Posts: 3519
Location: Huntsville, Al
Not to mention, even if he used it this past Sunday, it's out of his system by now.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:16 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:37 am
Posts: 167
Goodell has to go.

He is ruining football. His whole thing against the Saints was horrid. And its obvious he was the kid that always took "his" ball home crying when he couldn't win.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:17 pm 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 85
Location: Selah, Washington
Evil_Shenanigans wrote:
VHawk wrote:
How is it that fridayfrenzy only posts about Sherman and PED's?


Because it is Aaron Rodgers alias!



Someone have a chubby for #25?

_________________
GO SEAHAWKS!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:21 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10234
Location: Vancouver, WA
madbohem wrote:
Goodell has to go.

He is ruining football. His whole thing against the Saints was horrid. And its obvious he was the kid that always took "his" ball home crying when he couldn't win.

This ^^^....

HAWKFaninBAMA wrote:
"Randomly"..... Another prime example of the classlessness of the Goddell regime. I wonder if the results will matter since the league obviously broke protocol AGAIN by the lack of randomness in this "random" selection.....#NOTACOINCIDENCE

and this^^^.



Goodell is an absolute petulant child and a piece of crap as a comissioner. The obvious attempt at payback by testing Sherm today is pathetic. U mad bro?

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:35 pm
Posts: 812
Location: Canby, OR
I don't believe that Sherman takes PED's. If he does, I hope he gets caught. I have no problem with them testing him any time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:50 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm
Posts: 2112
Jazzhawk wrote:
chris98251 wrote:
You can bet this testing process was done with all sorts of people observing the handling process on both sides.

That's kinda disturbing.



When I was in the military, they make a guy stand there and watch you pee.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:52 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10234
Location: Vancouver, WA
CPHawk wrote:
Jazzhawk wrote:
chris98251 wrote:
You can bet this testing process was done with all sorts of people observing the handling process on both sides.

That's kinda disturbing.



When I was in the military, they make a guy stand there and watch you pee.

Wow, now there's some great duty huh? :roll:

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:59 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3182
HAWKFaninBAMA wrote:
"Randomly"..... Another prime example of the classlessness of the Goddell regime.

I wonder if the results will matter since the league obviously broke protocol AGAIN by the lack of randomness in this "random" selection.....

#NOTACOINCIDENCE

By taking that test right after the announcment, shows prejudice, in that they believe he crookedly beat the system, and now they want his ass in a sling.
Goodell = POS.
Were I Sherman, if this continues on a regular basis, I'd have my lawyer go after not-so-Goodell for harrassment.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9209
Location: Renton Wa.
This is like someone challangeing a suspension at work and th big boss having been proved wrong now puts a target on that employee and tries to se if he can find dirt to justify another suspension or firing. Watch your Tweets Sherm, you could vilolate a league rule and garner a fine and suspension :)

I'm also going to watch and see what happens during the game and after in the event that somehow Sherm gets fined for hits or something. Or draws a bunch of flags that are ticky tcky.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:03 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3182
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
When I was in the military, they make a guy stand there and watch you pee.

Wow, now there's some great duty huh? :roll:[/quote]
yeah, " :16: JUNKWATCH"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:06 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:38 pm
Posts: 214
Location: Mobile, AL
scutterhawk wrote:
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
When I was in the military, they make a guy stand there and watch you pee.

Wow, now there's some great duty huh? :roll:

yeah, " :16: JUNKWATCH"[/quote]


We actually called them " meat gazers" when I was I the Army.... lol. It was funny until you become an NCO and get the duty.....

_________________
Displaced to the south by marriage..... Lifetime Hawk fan BY CHOICE!!! (not always an easy choice)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:08 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10234
Location: Vancouver, WA
"Meat gazers". Wow. Brutal.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:08 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:32 am
Posts: 3306
Location: The Open Road
Jazzhawk wrote:
chris98251 wrote:
You can bet this testing process was done with all sorts of people observing the handling process on both sides.

That's kinda disturbing.


Not if they were big breasted blondes from Sweden.

_________________
" Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:11 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10234
Location: Vancouver, WA
v1rotv2 wrote:
Jazzhawk wrote:
chris98251 wrote:
You can bet this testing process was done with all sorts of people observing the handling process on both sides.

That's kinda disturbing.


Not if they were big breasted blondes from Sweden.

That would never happen. Might create a "situation" where it would be really hard to pee.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:16 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:32 am
Posts: 3306
Location: The Open Road
HAWKFaninBAMA wrote:
scutterhawk wrote:
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
When I was in the military, they make a guy stand there and watch you pee.

Wow, now there's some great duty huh? :roll:

yeah, " :16: JUNKWATCH"



We actually called them " meat gazers" when I was I the Army.... lol. It was funny until you become an NCO and get the duty.....[/quote]

I got tested a fair amount while in the military as fighter mechanic and a bunch more when I went on flying status. At one point it got crazy stupid. One night in the Philippines we were alerted get to the airplane for a trip to the Indian Ocean. While en-route to the airplane a truck hit the wing tip and damaged the airplane. So all involved had to be drug tested including my crew and we showed up after all this happened. We were 2 miles from the accident site but the base commander, who was probably pissed off because he was awakened in the middle of the night, wanted even the outbound crew tested. Go figure.

_________________
" Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:18 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:57 am
Posts: 326
Location: The Adventure of CLink
This whole thing sickens me. I think it is ridiculous how they all of sudden decide to do another "random" test on Sherman.

_________________
The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:26 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:08 pm
Posts: 286
Location: Grand Forks
12thMode wrote:
This whole thing sickens me. I think it is ridiculous how they all of sudden decide to do another "random" test on Sherman.


Every time I come back to work from Leave, I get " randomly" chosen too. The NFL and Air Force must use the same "random" program to choose its victims.

_________________
It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:37 pm
Posts: 577
VHawk wrote:
How is it that fridayfrenzy only posts about Sherman and PED's?


He's a Harbaugh and 49ers fan.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:33 pm 
USAF BadAss
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:24 am
Posts: 1026
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Will I wrote:
12thMode wrote:
This whole thing sickens me. I think it is ridiculous how they all of sudden decide to do another "random" test on Sherman.


Every time I come back to work from Leave, I get " randomly" chosen too. The NFL and Air Force must use the same "random" program to choose its victims.


Lol...yeah pretty much. After every concert I went to, I got to take a "Wiz Quiz" the day after....what timing.

_________________
Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
Tharold Simon: Humble Thug


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:34 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
We should be thankful. No way he's dumb enough to be on anything right now.

In fact, i couldnt think of a better time for the NFL to test him. Stop being pissed and thank the NFL.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:55 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3080
Location: Anchorage, AK
This is not another test in a way

Sherman's number was up. Sherman got the test invalidated. Sherman's number is still up..........


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:58 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3182
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
Not if they were big breasted blondes from Sweden.

That would never happen. Might create a "situation" where it would be really hard to pee.[/quote]

Yep, I can see it all now, That guy really boned up on his study to taking a pee test :16:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:51 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
Starrman44 wrote:
I don't believe that Sherman takes PED's. If he does, I hope he gets caught. I have no problem with them testing him any time.


IMO one of the few voices of reason on this issue.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:52 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
madbohem wrote:
Goodell has to go.

He is ruining football. His whole thing against the Saints was horrid. And its obvious he was the kid that always took "his" ball home crying when he couldn't win.

This ^^^....

HAWKFaninBAMA wrote:
"Randomly"..... Another prime example of the classlessness of the Goddell regime. I wonder if the results will matter since the league obviously broke protocol AGAIN by the lack of randomness in this "random" selection.....#NOTACOINCIDENCE

and this^^^.



Goodell is an absolute petulant child and a piece of crap as a comissioner. The obvious attempt at payback by testing Sherm today is pathetic. U mad bro?



Couldn't disagree with both of you more. If he's clean he should be begging them to test him. It's just a pee, what's the big deal?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm
Posts: 1627
Guilty until proven innocent, and still presumed guilty.

I thought this was America people! Uhh, yeah, guilty until proven innocent huh? That's how we workin huh?

_________________
|~=[==~||~==]=~|
||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6409
makkapakka wrote:
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
madbohem wrote:
Goodell has to go.

He is ruining football. His whole thing against the Saints was horrid. And its obvious he was the kid that always took "his" ball home crying when he couldn't win.

This ^^^....

HAWKFaninBAMA wrote:
"Randomly"..... Another prime example of the classlessness of the Goddell regime. I wonder if the results will matter since the league obviously broke protocol AGAIN by the lack of randomness in this "random" selection.....#NOTACOINCIDENCE

and this^^^.



Goodell is an absolute petulant child and a piece of crap as a comissioner. The obvious attempt at payback by testing Sherm today is pathetic. U mad bro?



Couldn't disagree with both of you more. If he's clean he should be begging them to test him. It's just a pee, what's the big deal?

It's not simply just a piss. It's the fact it seems like Goodell is targeting certain players. I'm sure Sherman's perfectly fine with taking another test. It doesn't change the fact that these things are supposed to be random. Goodell feels like he was made to look a fool (he does that on his own), so now he's trying to get him back, so to speak.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:57 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
JSeahawks wrote:
We should be thankful. No way he's dumb enough to be on anything right now.

In fact, i couldnt think of a better time for the NFL to test him. Stop being pissed and thank the NFL.



So your point is it's awesome that he is tested now because it increases his chances of getting away with cheating later. Yeah dude, right on.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm
Posts: 1627
makkapakka wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
We should be thankful. No way he's dumb enough to be on anything right now.

In fact, i couldnt think of a better time for the NFL to test him. Stop being pissed and thank the NFL.



So your point is it's awesome that he is tested now because it increases his chances of getting away with cheating later. Yeah dude, right on.

Well to be fair, you don't really care because it's just pee anyways; regardless of the implications. NVM; I fail at making points. I'll leave my initial response as a dunce cap.

_________________
|~=[==~||~==]=~|
||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:06 pm 
US Navy ET Nuc
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
Posts: 3859
Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet
makkapakka wrote:
Starrman44 wrote:
I don't believe that Sherman takes PED's. If he does, I hope he gets caught. I have no problem with them testing him any time.


IMO one of the few voices of reason on this issue.


I don't believe you rob banks. If you do, I hope you get caught. I have no problem with the police randonly searching your home without a warrant, any time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:10 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
Quote:
It's not simply just a piss. It's the fact it seems like Goodell is targeting certain players. I'm sure Sherman's perfectly fine with taking another test. It doesn't change the fact that these things are supposed to be random. Goodell feels like he was made to look a fool (he does that on his own), so now he's trying to get him back, so to speak.



Hey I'm all about freedom and personal liberty and I understand that angle. I don't think it applies in this case. If Sherman doesn't want to take the test he's free to renege on his contract, walk away from his paychecks, and get another job.

I've made this argument before but think about the kids man. If some get away with it, eventually most will get away with it to keep up, and eventually the pressure will mount on kids to keep up, most of whom will never see an NFL paycheck. THEY are the real reason why PEDs must be banned. If Sherman is clean, and if he's thinking about the kids, he should be more than happy to volunteer to be tested daily. Like I said, what the big deal? A minor inconvenience for what most of us would consider to be a pretty good gig.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:11 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
ClumsyLurk wrote:
makkapakka wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
We should be thankful. No way he's dumb enough to be on anything right now.

In fact, i couldnt think of a better time for the NFL to test him. Stop being pissed and thank the NFL.



So your point is it's awesome that he is tested now because it increases his chances of getting away with cheating later. Yeah dude, right on.

Well to be fair, you don't really care because it's just pee anyways; regardless of the implications. NVM; I fail at making points. I'll leave my initial response as a dunce cap.



Read this twice but I don't get it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:13 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
BTW let me state that I truly presume Sherman is innocent. I'm just objecting to the freak out over him being tested again.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm
Posts: 1627
makkapakka wrote:
Quote:
It's not simply just a piss. It's the fact it seems like Goodell is targeting certain players. I'm sure Sherman's perfectly fine with taking another test. It doesn't change the fact that these things are supposed to be random. Goodell feels like he was made to look a fool (he does that on his own), so now he's trying to get him back, so to speak.



Hey I'm all about freedom and personal liberty and I understand that angle. I don't think it applies in this case. If Sherman doesn't want to take the test he's free to renege on his contract, walk away from his paychecks, and get another job.

I've made this argument before but think about the kids man. If some get away with it, eventually most will get away with it to keep up, and eventually the pressure will mount on kids to keep up, most of whom will never see an NFL paycheck. THEY are the real reason why PEDs must be banned. If Sherman is clean, and if he's thinking about the kids, he should be more than happy to volunteer to be tested daily. Like I said, what the big deal? A minor inconvenience for what most of us would consider to be a pretty good gig.


He didn't say anything about Sherman having the personal liberty to take PEDS, not sure where you are getting that. However, IF Sherms test is a failure, nothing wrong with retesting.

_________________
|~=[==~||~==]=~|
||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:14 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
GeekHawk wrote:
makkapakka wrote:
Starrman44 wrote:
I don't believe that Sherman takes PED's. If he does, I hope he gets caught. I have no problem with them testing him any time.


IMO one of the few voices of reason on this issue.


I don't believe you rob banks. If you do, I hope you get caught. I have no problem with the police randonly searching your home without a warrant, any time.


Hey these guys signed a contract. They don't have to ever sign if they'd rather make a living doing something else.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:15 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm
Posts: 1627
makkapakka wrote:


Read this twice but I don't get it.

Yeah, I (LEGALLY) ate some pot brownies - sometimes I don't make any sense at all. EDIT: Well I suppose the FEDS would have a problem with that D:

_________________
|~=[==~||~==]=~|
||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:22 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
ClumsyLurk wrote:
makkapakka wrote:
Quote:
It's not simply just a piss. It's the fact it seems like Goodell is targeting certain players. I'm sure Sherman's perfectly fine with taking another test. It doesn't change the fact that these things are supposed to be random. Goodell feels like he was made to look a fool (he does that on his own), so now he's trying to get him back, so to speak.



Hey I'm all about freedom and personal liberty and I understand that angle. I don't think it applies in this case. If Sherman doesn't want to take the test he's free to renege on his contract, walk away from his paychecks, and get another job.

I've made this argument before but think about the kids man. If some get away with it, eventually most will get away with it to keep up, and eventually the pressure will mount on kids to keep up, most of whom will never see an NFL paycheck. THEY are the real reason why PEDs must be banned. If Sherman is clean, and if he's thinking about the kids, he should be more than happy to volunteer to be tested daily. Like I said, what the big deal? A minor inconvenience for what most of us would consider to be a pretty good gig.


He didn't say anything about Sherman having the personal liberty to take PEDS, not sure where you are getting that. However, IF Sherms test is a failure, nothing wrong with retesting.


Again, not sure where you're coming from Clumsy. I don't think anyone in this thread has been talking about the liberty to take PEDs. We're discussing whether it's an infringement of personal liberty to have to submit to the pee test.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:23 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm
Posts: 1627
makkapakka wrote:

Again, not sure where you're coming from Clumsy. I don't think anyone in this thread has been talking about the liberty to take PEDs. We're discussing whether it's an infringement of personal liberty to have to submit to the pee test.

Woah - who insinuated it wasn't?

_________________
|~=[==~||~==]=~|
||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 2524
Location: Naples, FL
Have to love the moral police preaching upon their high horse.

_________________
Wolf grey all day every day.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:35 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8616
Location: PNW
makkapakka wrote:
Again, not sure where you're coming from Clumsy. I don't think anyone in this thread has been talking about the liberty to take PEDs. We're discussing whether it's an infringement of personal liberty to have to submit to the pee test.


I think you're the only one that thinks that is what this is about.

it's about Goodell being stupidly transparent and trying to prove a point to the league by having Sherman tested the day his appeal was granted. This thread is basically a big eye-roll in Goodell's direction.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:37 pm 
* NET Hottie *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm
Posts: 2124
If it is part of a work contract, random pee tests are not an infringement of your rights. My husband gets randomly tested all the time at his job. He signed the agreement and he doesn't touch any non prescribed medications. Pretty simple really. He would be livid if a false positive came up though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6409
makkapakka wrote:
GeekHawk wrote:
makkapakka wrote:
[quote="Starrman44"]I don't believe that Sherman takes PED's. If he does, I hope he gets caught. I have no problem with them testing him any time.


IMO one of the few voices of reason on this issue.


I don't believe you rob banks. If you do, I hope you get caught. I have no problem with the police randonly searching your home without a warrant, any time.


Hey these guys signed a contract. They don't have to ever sign if they'd rather make a living doing something else.[/quote]



Once again, I'm not talking about having to take a simple piss test. My anger stems from the blatant targeting of certain players. No ones saying they shouldn't ever have to piss test. The timing is just pretty suspicious and definitely NOT random. If the league came out and said they have to test Sherman because his last test was invalid, then fine. That makes sense. But as of right now, it just looks like Goodell's got his feelings hurt and he's going to keep trying to get his man.

Imagine if someone messed up your piss test at a job that you adamantly claimed you're clean and should've passed. You go through all this trouble of fighting the system and standing up for yourself, and when they lose, they come at you again. And if you pass, what if they ask for another one. I mean its just pee, right. Why not have them take it every day to be sure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:48 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6409
AbsolutNET wrote:
makkapakka wrote:
Again, not sure where you're coming from Clumsy. I don't think anyone in this thread has been talking about the liberty to take PEDs. We're discussing whether it's an infringement of personal liberty to have to submit to the pee test.


I think you're the only one that thinks that is what this is about.

it's about Goodell being stupidly transparent and trying to prove a point to the league by having Sherman tested the day his appeal was granted. This thread is basically a big eye-roll in Goodell's direction.


This is what I was trying to get it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm
Posts: 1343
if sherm test negative again its really gonna be bad for roger.

lol if brandon browner came out like "you know what, i am high, IM HIGH!!!" like dave chappelle. double jeapordy

_________________
We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
Greatest defense in NFL history.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:52 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
Quote:
Once again, I'm not talking about having to take a simple piss test. My anger stems from the blatant targeting of certain players. No ones saying they shouldn't ever have to piss test. The timing is just pretty suspicious and definitely NOT random. If the league came out and said they have to test Sherman because his last test was invalid, then fine. That makes sense. But as of right now, it just looks like Goodell's got his feelings hurt and he's going to keep trying to get his man.

Imagine if someone messed up your piss test at a job that you adamantly claimed you're clean and should've passed. You go through all this trouble of fighting the system and standing up for yourself, and when they lose, they come at you again. And if you pass, what if they ask for another one. I mean its just pee, right. Why not have them take it every day to be sure.



Re your scenario, if I was clean I'd love to be retested. Random or targeted, no biggie, all the better to exonerate myself at the expense of a very minor inconvenience. In fact I'd be asking for it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6409
makkapakka wrote:
Quote:
Once again, I'm not talking about having to take a simple piss test. My anger stems from the blatant targeting of certain players. No ones saying they shouldn't ever have to piss test. The timing is just pretty suspicious and definitely NOT random. If the league came out and said they have to test Sherman because his last test was invalid, then fine. That makes sense. But as of right now, it just looks like Goodell's got his feelings hurt and he's going to keep trying to get his man.

Imagine if someone messed up your piss test at a job that you adamantly claimed you're clean and should've passed. You go through all this trouble of fighting the system and standing up for yourself, and when they lose, they come at you again. And if you pass, what if they ask for another one. I mean its just pee, right. Why not have them take it every day to be sure.



Re your scenario, if I was clean I'd love to be retested. Random or targeted, no biggie, all the better to exonerate myself at the expense of a very minor inconvenience. In fact I'd be asking for it.


Well you be safe up there then.

Image


Last edited by -The Glove- on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:57 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm
Posts: 54
VHawk wrote:
Have to love the moral police preaching upon their high horse.


Great example of attacking the poster.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:59 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:56 am
Posts: 402
> Directly ordered from Goddell
> Random


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:01 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9209
Location: Renton Wa.
It's not the test, it's the insult and having to continually defend yourself and look over your shoulder. I wold be livid if I got hiot with a positive and knew it was wrong, if I managed to get the facts out and clear the results only on that same day have them tell me were testing you again drop your pants I would be pissy but do it, if they came back with anotther test a week later I would be pretty pissed off and know it was not random with as many employees as they have.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman "randomly" tested today
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:44 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
Posts: 2505
Location: South of Heaven
I dont do drugs or PED's, UA's are an intrusion. They are disgusting. My 2 cents.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Atradees, b3liever, ChrisB Bacon, dbmack, gargantual, hawknation2014, Skortch, SoCalHawksFan, themunn, Throwdown, titan3131, UK_Seahawk and 96 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.