Lets put it this way

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
When is John Clayton going to eat crow? He CONSTANTLY underestimates the hawks and then when they do well he simply ignores his old comments....

OR when will he admit he was wrong on Richard Sherman? He countless times said "HE WILL BE SUSPENDED".

Lets put it this way....JC may live here....but he bleeds Pittsburgh.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Its not like he was the only one who expected Sherm to get suspended.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
i hate clayton with a passion he is the biggest idiot any one on this board could be more accurate when talking about the NFl

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Clayton is just another example of the fad where guys who cover sports are treated like experts. Clayton may feed you a decent scoop every now and then, but he's still doesn't know dick about football.

bryantology79

Reaction score
has he commented on the sherm winning the appeal yet? i've been on 710 all morning but zoning in and out.

lets put it this way, he looks like the teacher on south park mmmmkay?

Axx

Reaction score
im not sure why pittsburgh fans hate seattle so much, i mean they robbed us a super bowl, they should be thanking us. If it were Green bay or Dallas Cowboys, the media would have blown up the story far more. Dave Damishek also hates seattle and picks us to lose everything.

But in all honest i thought Sherman was done for.....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hard to hate on an old local writer, but Clayton definitely tries hard with the national media to NOT appear biased towards the Hawks............sometimes to the point of being too harsh or critical.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
I just think he doesn't want to come across as a homer so he goes against the grain on Seattle topics (as of late.)

rideaducati

Reaction score
BlueTalons":3sy9ov1d said:
I just think he doesn't want to come across as a homer so he goes against the grain on Seattle topics (as of late.)

I think he's been a follower more recently. He used to go with his own thoughts and he was pretty good, but now he just parrots what others think. I don't think his heart is in his job anymore. Schefter and Mort have been better for a few years now.

CPHawk

Reaction score
He's not bias, he is from Pittsburgh and is a Stealer fan. He somehow got on with them as a teenager (they probably thought he had some sort of developmental issues) and then later on moved to Renton.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
He was the one who cost the Steelers a draft pick with his reporting...

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
John Clayton is like a bad car wreck to me. I can't stop myself from listening, but I know I shouldn't.

pinksheets

Reaction score
CPHawk":1a85e7l7 said:
He's not bias, he is from Pittsburgh and is a Stealer fan. He somehow got on with them as a teenager (they probably thought he had some sort of developmental issues) and then later on moved to Renton.
He got run out of town for costing his Stealers a draft pick.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
But also too, Clayton was just on the Kevin Calabro show on ESPN 710 (not that Calabro is really on the show anymore)...anyway, he guaranteed that the Cardinals would lose to the 49ers. Good, because he had also been guaranteeing that Sherman would lose his appeal. This makes me feel very good.

seahawks08

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":cnvxbel1 said:
When is John Clayton going to eat crow? He CONSTANTLY underestimates the hawks and then when they do well he simply ignores his old comments....

OR when will he admit he was wrong on Richard Sherman? He countless times said "HE WILL BE SUSPENDED".

Lets put it this way....JC may live here....but he bleeds Pittsburgh.

Well he said today, Arizona will not win against the 49ers, so now I expect them to win! I think he is saying things as he knows the opposite happens and in a way is support Seahawks:)

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Just throw this on the pile with the other authoritative guarantees Clayton makes. He loves to make arrogant, bold statements and pass them off as facts. He spent all off-season saying Matt Flynn would be the starter.