So, in the long run, were the PED suspensions actually good?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks have excelled since the PED suspensions were announced, and while Browner served his suspension, the Seahawks got to see some exceptional play at CB from more rookies and young players. Now, with Sherman winning his appeal and Browner coming back for the playoffs, is our Defense even stronger now? Hard to believe, but I say yes.

(Oh, and John Clayton can suck it)

Greenhell

Reaction score
I say YES as well. The chip on their shoulder got a little bigger.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
It very well may prove to be some sort of motivational, galvanizing type thing that gets the team believing that: 1, The league is out to get us so we are going to show them, and 2, We now know that we can overcome adversity and we have good players top to bottom.

The charmed season continues

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Lane, Thurmond, Maxwell, and even Ron Parker are all better players than three weeks ago. Real experience.

Adversity is opportunity.

Reaction score
I say yes. Good to have the young pups get some playing time in case someone goes down in the game against the rams, or if someone gets hurt during the playoffs.

mikeak

Reaction score
Didn't hawkblogger lay out the same argument prior to suspensions......something makes me remember that. I didn't agree with the rest of his blog but remember that part

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MissoulaHawkFan":3ig7khnf said:
I say yes. Good to have the young pups get some playing time in case someone goes down in the game against the rams, or if someone gets hurt during the playoffs.
:13: This covers it for me too.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Barthawk":bwp5g67f said:
Not for Browner's bank account.. for the Seahawks, absolutely
LOL...well ya. But something tells me he may get some of that back from somewhere. I just hope Browner comes back ready to shred.

DericLee

Reaction score
John Clayton used to be my favorite media pundit.....sigh.

Highlordb

Reaction score
I will take anything that makes this team play angier and meaner....the angerier they are the more bad @$$ they are!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Marcus Trufant just got permanently benched which is a good thing. Lane and Thurmond will be the nickel players? Man, I am so excited for the playoffs now.

canzag

Reaction score
Worked out well in the long run it appears.It shows the team is totally buying in to the next man up theroy.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1mx57dwi said:
Lane, Thurmond, Maxwell, and even Ron Parker are all better players than three weeks ago. Real experience.

Thurmond was hurt most the time. I think he got like 5 min experience due to the suspension.

ParisPC07

Reaction score
I hope that we can put Thurmond in as the nickel receiver. Tru should get a parade, but I'm ready to move on. A nickel set with Browner, Sherman, Kam, Earl, and Thurm? That's nasty.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":lr74vmvh said:
Scottemojo":lr74vmvh said:

Thurmond was hurt most the time. I think he got like 5 min experience due to the suspension.
No, he played a whole game. Which tripled his previous in game experience.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I agree. Our CB depth needed to be tested in order to see if anyone's a likely candidate to replace Browner sooner or later.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It's also going to be fantastic to have Lane and Maxwell's confidence on the rise when they're lining up across from the feisty little slot receiver bastards we're going to see against the Falcons, Redskins, Packers (and maybe) Broncos and Patriots.