Is Sherm the 1st NFL player to win an appeal for PEDs???

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Williams brothers in Minnesota won, but that was in court, not with the NFL themselves. So, maybe yes.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure a player from the Chiefs won. I remember them talking about it on Brock and Salk. Definately isn't the first. But it is very rare to win appeal.

OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
A monumental feat for Sherm nonetheless.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
It wasn't a cb. I was wrong. It was Giants rb Andre Brown. He was able to prove that he had an old prescription for Adderall.

There is at least one precedent this season for a player winning an appeal for an Adderall suspension. Giants running back Andre Brown had his four-game suspension overturned in June after he was able to prove he had a previous prescription for the drug, which is commonly used to treat conditions such as attention deficit disorder and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

The NFL and NFLPA closed a loophole in 2011 that had allowed players to produce prescriptions after their suspensions, but apparently Brown was the exception to the new rule. His teammate, safety Tyler Sash, lost his appeal and is currently serving his four-game suspension. He initiated a face-to-face meeting with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell after his appeal was rejected to plead his case, to no avail.

Shock2k

Reaction score
This sets up a precedent of procedural appeals. But not of appealing outcomes (in which their record remains untarnished). I think the NFL just wanted to remove the distraction from the playoffs.