Sherman wins appeal - will not be suspended!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Man!!! Never has the term "The cup is half full" been more appropriate!!! :th2thumbs:
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

"Go Hawks"
    Geologic
    NET Rookie

• One Richard two cups?
    Last edited by AF_Hawk on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Unfortunately for Richard, there are still plenty of people out there who are assuming that he tested positive, was guilty and simply got off on a technicality. I've already seen one comment saying that Richard admitted taking drugs, when that's not at all factual.

Despite what anyone says, I think it's highly likely this whole situation is the reason some players and coaches didn't vote Richard into the Pro Bowl. He's an alternate I think, but he should have been the starter.

I'm very pleased that the NFL was willing to admit the flawed nature of the test and throw out the result. I only hope that at some point they come up with better testing procedures.
    Last edited by sc85sis on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• 1. I am super happy Sherman will be playing.

2. I still believe that Sherman tested positive and he got off on a technicality. Unless the second cup used to put underneath was a dirty cup of adderall urine, then Sherman's urine still tested positive.
    Last edited by fridayfrenzy on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

• crazy news.
    SeahawkGeoff
    NET Practice Squad

Wonder if this guy was there when Sherm heard the good news? I've never seen a better fist pump.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• should not have used plastic but glass, now NFC can kiss Shermans A**
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Party on Garth!!!!!

Well, that certainly helps their chances in the playoffs. What an amazing boost!
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• fridayfrenzy wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

This is like a drunk driver getting off because the cop didn't follow procedure properly. Dude still drove drunk.

:13:

this statement is based on a assumption he was guilty to begin with.. purely speculation and has no meritt what so ever.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:Image

Wonder if this guy was there when Sherm heard the good news? I've never seen a better fist pump.

I personally prefer the slowly raised fist pump by the dude in the first row.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:Can some of you guys just be happy OUR player will NOT be suspended?

He's been adamant the whole time, he's clean. He may be from Compromise but he is no dummy. I'll believe Sherman over the NFL.

No. They'd rather be right. Couple of these dudes spent so much time defending their position that there's no backing down for them now. Sorta like some of the Flynn people on here earlier in the season. ;)
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

• It is 5 o'clock somewhere (pours celebratory shot of whiskey).
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• How many other test did Sherm have to take after and before this one? How long does this stuff stay in the system? It only takes a couple days to find out you failed, and I'm sure they make the players take another test pretty quickly. If he passed all these other tests then you have no choice but to admit he was clean. I'm sure he will be tested more then most now(NFL doesn't like being made to look like a fool), and I doubt he fails any from here on out.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• fridayfrenzy wrote:I like Sherman a lot. I still believe he tested positive. The two are mutually exclusive.

Don't hate on me cause I actually have my wits about me and not looking through seahawk colored glasses.

I find it comical cause if this happened to a player from the 49ers a lot of guys would be going mad cause the 49er got off on a technicality. But when it happens to a Seahawks then it means he is innocent and the NFl should eat shit. Haha.

Stop talking. Seriously.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Hell yeah baby! Way to go Sherm! Now lets go beat the Rams!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Haha, great news, sorry other teams, the hammer is coming down now. I'm glad I'm a Hawks fan so I am not demoralized hearing this news.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• The fact that the second cup already had a broken seal means that there is in fact the possibility that it could have been previously used and tainted. That is why the test results are invalidated. Had the tester taken an unused second cup, broken the seal and then used it, the results would be completely valid. He didn't. It may be a "technicality" but it's used to protect people from getting railroaded by faulty results.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• It does not prove guilt anymore than innocence. What it does pove is the system was flawed.

If you where clean and got found guilty of this over poor procedures and tainted samples you would be livid. Also in a lot of these cases what the stars took was not something to try and gain an unfair advantage but nutritonal or medicinal purposes that contain some illegal ingredients.

At the end of the day we dont know what was took if anything, and if it was taken what was its purpose? We do know however the process was flawed and the NFL are admitting due to the poor handling of the samples, they could have contaminated it and accused a man wrongly of cheating. That alone deserves for this decision to be made
    Last edited by glasgow seahawks on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    glasgow seahawks
    NET Starter

• Who knew Optimus Prime was made outta Teflon?
    Woo Hoo!!!!!
    "On third down, stop lookin' around"
    "Who ya gonna throw it to?"
    "This guy!"
    2ndRowSista
    NET Bench Warmer

• Oh ye of little faith! This is very, very good news for us. Both starting DBs back for the playoffs is big.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• ESPN is apparently not thrilled with the outcome, since it's not front page, breaking news worthy.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Look a broken seal, broken cup is not a technicality. A technicality is the tester initalized on page 1 of the report but not page 2, the lightning in the room was not up to OSHA standards so the piss test was invalidated.

Those are technicalities

BROKEN SEAL, BROKEN CUP - not technicalities. This is the foundation for drug testing. The fact that the sample cannot be altered / manipulated is one part of that but the main reason is somehow contaminated just by being in the same bag as other tests, underneath a previously used cup, in the same lab etc etc

I am the first person that says Armstrong is guilty (said it 12 years ago the first time), I said good that Marion Jones spent all her money defending her lying. I honestly don't know if Sherman took something but the fact is that when the testing procedures are completely broken like in this case then you have to not convict the player. You cannot suspend him in cases like this and I don't care if it is Sherman or if it is Tom Brady that this happened to.......
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Sarlacc83 wrote:ESPN is apparently not thrilled with the outcome, since it's not front page, breaking news worthy.

Mark Sanchez is starting week 17. He also is pregnant.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• I'm watching NFL AM this mornng and the topic of discussion was which team in the NFC West has the best defense. All three analysts(?) picked SF over SEA, some even saying SF is better on the road. All this time I though Sunday nights game was shown nationally, guess these guys didn't watch it at all.

One analyst(?) even said "with Sherman suspended, SF has to be the best defense". Shortly after this piece, they announced Sherman beat the suspension.

What a bunch of cow pucky. NFL.com needs to do a house cleaning and get rid of all of these East Coast bias a-holes with no brains that don't know what they are talking about most of the time.
    N= NEGATIVE - F=FACTUAL - L= LIARS, . C= CHEATING, O= OBNOXIOUS, M= MOTHER F'ERS.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

• Jazzhawk wrote:More confirmation..........

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/?from=stnv2

The NFL does not disclose results of a failed test until the suspension is imposed. As a result, the NFL has no statement currently on the case. But Albert Breer — who works for NFL.com — indicated that flaws in the testing procedure invalidated the result. Washington Post reporter Mark Maske spoke to someone familiar with the case, who called Sherman’s argument “a slam-dunk winner.”

Very nice!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Tanzania
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:Tanzania

this
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• mikeak wrote:Look a broken seal, broken cup is not a technicality. A technicality is the tester initalized on page 1 of the report but not page 2, the lightning in the room was not up to OSHA standards so the piss test was invalidated.

Those are technicalities

BROKEN SEAL, BROKEN CUP - not technicalities. This is the foundation for drug testing. The fact that the sample cannot be altered / manipulated is one part of that but the main reason is somehow contaminated just by being in the same bag as other tests, underneath a previously used cup, in the same lab etc etc

I am the first person that says Armstrong is guilty (said it 12 years ago the first time), I said good that Marion Jones spent all her money defending her lying. I honestly don't know if Sherman took something but the fact is that when the testing procedures are completely broken like in this case then you have to not convict the player. You cannot suspend him in cases like this and I don't care if it is Sherman or if it is Tom Brady that this happened to.......

Thank you. People can't legitimately say, "Well, he still failed the test," because, in effect, no legitimate test was done.
    Escamillo
    NET Rookie

• Escamillo wrote:
    mikeak wrote:Look a broken seal, broken cup is not a technicality. A technicality is the tester initalized on page 1 of the report but not page 2, the lightning in the room was not up to OSHA standards so the piss test was invalidated.

Those are technicalities

Thank you. People can't legitimately say, "Well, he still failed the test," because, in effect, no legitimate test was done.

Like the Packer game, few are going to get past the initial reports.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• CPHawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Again the NFL doesn't just let players off on a technicality. The Redskin player still got suspended even though he had a actual DR prescription. You have to prove without a shadow of a doubt you are innocent.

Actually if the test comes back positive you have to invalidate the test. If it is in your body it doesn't matter how it got there. It doesn't matter if your drink was spiked when you were out partying the night before or if you were shooting up for weeks. The NFL wrote it into the CBA this way to get out of the disputes about innocent or not. If the test is positive you are guilty end of story.

In this case there is no longer a test. The test was invalidated there is no case so there is no guilty nor innocent (beyond "until proven guilty")
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Yess :D The mystical power of Tanzania prevails once more!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• If dude pissed clean before the bad test then pissed clean after, i'd be more willing to blame the test (and the tester with the shoddy work history) than the player with the otherwise clean record.

But I get how being all high an mighty can be fun too........
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Great news....now I just hope Browner has stayed in tip top shape.
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

• peachesenregalia wrote:Sgt. Largent at it again. could have been anything. what if the tester had some adderall-laced piss on his gloved hand from handling a different specimen, then sherman's clean urine leaks onto the hand, the second cup is used to collect and is now cross-contaminated with the adderall urine still on the gloved hand. There are literally any number of circumstances that could cause Sherman's sample to become tianted that DON'T come down to Sherman having used Adderall.

Honestly this could happen. He might have tested after Browner. :Dunno: Im very happy Sherman has won it and can play on. I did a dance around the house and my lady and 10 month boy watched like i was crazy when i seen the news break. :0190l:
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

• Sarlacc83 wrote:ESPN is apparently not thrilled with the outcome, since it's not front page, breaking news worthy.

They're still arguing over who's lying about Tebow not wanting to come in to run four plays for a horrible football team. Much more important than covering real news or good football teams.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Well done Sherm! The worst part of all this is not the leaky cup but that his "PED CONVICTION" was leaked (!) to the press before the player was even allowed to defend himself. The league is a house of cards right now and crap like this doesn't help their case. Testing of this nature requires high levels of legitimacy,consistency and professionalism. None of which applied in this case.

Go Hawks!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• Sarlacc83 wrote:Like the Packer game, few are going to get past the initial reports.

Kinda makes this all that much more enjoyable for me tbh.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Hey guys, I LOVE Sherman, just saying I wish he'd go down on drug charges and be in prison for 10-15 is all. AINT GOT NO SEAHAWKS COLORED GLASSES ROUND 'ERE.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• pinksheets wrote:Hey guys, I LOVE Sherman, just saying I wish he'd go down on drug charges and be in prison for 10-15 is all. AINT GOT NO SEAHAWKS COLORED GLASSES ROUND 'ERE.

Way to show you have some balls! Everyone else keep drinking that kool-aid. Now excuse me while I hit up 49erredzone and let them know I'm with them on their outrage that a cheater got off on a technicality.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Sherm is awesome the charisma on this team is through the roof... why do people gotta hate.
    Support our team..... all of you haters....
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

• Who really knows if he's guilty or not? (Probably only Sherman) I hope it's lesson learned by all of these guys and we can all just move forward! I am very happy to have him playing! :0190l:
    GO SEAHAWKS!!
    grizrgood
    NET Practice Squad

• Awesome news.Browner back for the playoffs and Lane and Maxwell got needed game playing time.win,win,win.

Pats fans-you mad bro?
    canzag
    NET Veteran

Re: Sherm Won!
Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:45 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Ratings. Sherman=Ratings. Well played, NFL.....

LOL! You got that right!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• I LOVE the Seahawks. Woo hoo. We should be #1 in every power ranking now and shun that analyst if we aren't. Ahhhh. I am sooooo happy!
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

• This has to be driving Goodell crazy. One of the biggest loudmouth's in the NFL got his goat.

2012, NOT a good year for the commish.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• fridayfrenzy wrote:I LOVE the Seahawks. Woo hoo. We should be #1 in every power ranking now and shun that analyst if we aren't. Ahhhh. I am sooooo happy!

I know, it's SO hard actually liking your team.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• pinksheets wrote:
    fridayfrenzy wrote:I LOVE the Seahawks. Woo hoo. We should be #1 in every power ranking now and shun that analyst if we aren't. Ahhhh. I am sooooo happy!

If you like your team then you aren't allowed to have any negative comments about them at all. Duh!
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

• pinksheets wrote:
    fridayfrenzy wrote:I LOVE the Seahawks. Woo hoo. We should be #1 in every power ranking now and shun that analyst if we aren't. Ahhhh. I am sooooo happy!

I actually want to be hated by outsiders......makes it that much better when we stop you 40-whiner fans.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information