Seattle Seahawks

HawkinNY

Reaction score
First off how great does it feel to be a Hawks fan right now? My son a big Giants fan(my fathers influence) is becoming a Hawks fan(thank god). Kids in his school are also becoming fans. He is 10 years old. Guys I work with are saying "I love watching them play". Living in upstate NY there are not many fans. But just like when I was growing up all we heard was Cowboys this and Steelers that. I believe that if the hawks keep playing like this and win a superbowl we will see a big jump in fan base in years to come.

I used to get laughed at wearing hawks gear. Now people ask where did I get that shirt(yes hard to find gear here but I am lucky to have family in Seattle and of course the internet).

But really no matter how far they go in the playoffs this has been one of the best years I have seen for the Hawks. Even in 05 the buzz surrounding Seattle was not this big in NY.

Thank you Hawks for making all of us fans proud. Now go get that trophy and become legends!!!

GO HAWKS!

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Nice post. As a fellow Upstate 'Hawks fan, I too faced ridicule and found it difficult to gear up 'Hawk-style. I have noticed a trend the last few years that many football fans out here are beginning to add Seattle as a "second-favorite" team or at the very least, a team they enjoy watching play. In fact, it seems my experience pretty much mirrors everything you've already posted, so I will now stop plagiarizing you. Go 'Hawks!

Steve2222

Reaction score
I dont know if its a good thing or bad thing getting bandwagon fans. Its unique seeing a Seahawks fan outside of the Northwest. Seeing a Cowboys fan outside of Texas or a Steelers fan outside of Pennsylvania is like whatever.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I live in Nebraska. I recently made the trip to Seattle for the Arizona game. (I chose wisely) I bought every bit of gear imaginable and have been wearing Hawks stuff non-stop here. EVERY SINGLE DAY, almost every store I go into, people are coming up to me about it. Some say they love the uniforms. Some say they hate us. Some say they are pulling for us. I've been wearing Hawks gear for decades outside of the PNW, and NEVER have I had the reactions I'm getting lately. On game day I flag up my car and decal the sides, and people actually HONK!

It's nuts! I have a stable of like 20 Seahawks fans in Omaha now, and we all get together and party for these games. It's enough to make me feel HOME sometimes...

Hawk on!

IowaSeahawk

Reaction score
I just flew back from the DC area to Iowa, proudly wearing my Seahawks gear, and got several comments about the team, from people in Reagan airport and even at O'Hare. They are gaining national respect amongst common NFL fans. In fact, when driving to the airport in DC...sports radio was on and one caller even called in asking that if the Redskins have clinched a playoff berth by Sun PM, do they bench RGIII and give the division to DAL. His reasoning was that nobody wants to play Seattle right now...even at home. That put me in a great mood and had a huge smile on my face. Other teams and fans are fearing the Hawks...it's simply awesome!! GO HAWKS!

djb28

Reaction score
Im in NY between Buffalo and Rochester, And I feel your pain. Doesn't bother me any more. I have seen 3 fans in 20 years!

OP
OP
H

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I live in Albany and there is only about 10 fans that I know of. In 05 they had a contest on the radio to see if anyone was a real Hawk fan by asking trivia about them. I won of course but there was only 5 guys who called in. lol