Regarding season tickets....

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Hey guys. As you'll see, I'm new here and this is my first post but I look forward to becoming more active here and talking ball.

I'll just be completely up front right now....I'm an Eagles fan (ouch). I was born and raised in PA and came out here to the Pacific NW back in 2003 via the Military. Got out in 2009 and decided to make my life here as I love it here. Finishing up a degree at UW and plan on buying a house and claiming this as my new permanent home.

With all that being said, I try to goto 2-3 Seahawks games a year and I've grown to support these guys over the years unless it involves the Eagles (don't remind me of the TNF game last year, please).

Being that I live 15 minutes from the stadium and love being in the CLF atmosphere that you guys have here, I want to pick up a pair of season tickets for my fiancee and myself. I put the deposit down today for two seats but was hoping for a bit of assistance from a current season ticket holder here.

How does this whole process work from here on out after I've put a deposit down? Anybody have any ideas? Just not sure what to fully expect going forward.

Anyways, that's it. I'm sure a few might run me off because I'm not a primary Seahawks fan but I do support them cause this is now my home and that's fine, I understand it but I'm not here to cause trouble or anything so hopefully its cool I hang around here once in a while.

Had that issue over on the Cardinals message board when I joined to talk the game with them before the NFC Championship a few years ago.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I know a few of out of town fans that have season tickets here and wear Hawks gear until their team comes to town.

Season ticket renewal begins in march for existing ticket holders.
Once they get everyone squared away, they begin adding new season ticket holders. (usually around May or June)

Get to know the seating chart and where you might like to sit for the price.
Its a lot easier when they don't have to hold your hand too much.
Find sections you like and say the magic words. (Do you have any aisle seats available?)
They probably won't but it's worth trying.

Set your expectations low for the first year. Just getting in the house is the hard part.
Then work on getting better seats each year until you find your favorite spot.

OP
OP
X

xkj1985x

Reaction score
TheHawkster":1d11p9od said:
I know a few of out of town fans that have season tickets here and wear Hawks gear until their team comes to town.

Season ticket renewal begins in march for existing ticket holders.
Once they get everyone squared away, they begin adding new season ticket holders. (usually around May or June)

Get to know the seating chart and where you might like to sit for the price.
Its a lot easier when they don't have to hold your hand too much.
Find sections you like and say the magic words. (Do you have any aisle seats available?)
They probably won't but it's worth trying.

Set your expectations low for the first year. Just getting in the house is the hard part.
Then work on getting better seats each year until you find your favorite spot.

That's kinda what I was figuring...that it was going to be a tough going for the first few years just to get in the building and be able to hold season tickets and I'm completely content with that.

I was hoping to be able to score some charter seat tickets but the likelihood of that I imagine, isn't very good. I'll really take whatever I can get but this is the first opportunity that I've had to buy season tickets and just am not sure what to expect so wanted to ask so I appreciate the help.

But like you said, the Eagles and really...all Philly sports teams are what I breathe and have since I was a kid. I've been to the last four Eagle games here in Seattle and have been respectful of those around me and for the most part, was respected in return. I'm not one of "those" fans.

I root for the Seahawks every week they aren't playing the Eagles hence my interest in becoming apart of the family, even if I am a bastard child :D

Thanks again for the help. Looking forward to the call and seeing whats available.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
I just got season tickets for the first time last season up in 328 X...lots of drunken morons but awesome view of the field. I'm in 316 on an aisle in row L (woohoo botched upgrade process) this year and it's awesome minus the resellers selling to opposing fans in our area.

After the season ticket folks upgrade/move, then the newbies get to pick. It's based on when you dropped your $100/ticket deposit. You get a really unstable flash application to select your seats. You'll get a window of about 36 hours to pick...if you're more than a half hour late then you'll probably miss out on peak selection.

Other things to keep in mind:
-Make friends with your ticket rep...they can hook you up or make you so very sad :(
-Have multiple backup browsers for picking tickets...site is unreliable. Good news for me was that the server took a beating and kicked off most of the competition come upgrade time :)

Most importantly:
Don't sell unusable tickets to away fans...

Riley12

Reaction score
I haven't had the displeasure of using whatever automated seat selection process they have now, but it sounds like a pain.

I'll reiterate what SilkMonkey said and really, really get to know your Account Representative. They will be able to shift and move you around
to a more desirable location.

I have a couple of fans around me with dual loyalties (Seahawks/Cowboys), and they usually announce it by wearing their 'other' team's hat
with Seahawks stuff.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Hey, I'll take a season ticket holder who roots for the Hawks against all teams but one over ticket brokers owning them and selling them to away fans on Stubhub. Bring it on.

OP
OP
X

xkj1985x

Reaction score
SilkMonkey":1e5pr2t2 said:
I just got season tickets for the first time last season up in 328 X...lots of drunken morons but awesome view of the field. I'm in 316 on an aisle in row L (woohoo botched upgrade process) this year and it's awesome minus the resellers selling to opposing fans in our area.

After the season ticket folks upgrade/move, then the newbies get to pick. It's based on when you dropped your $100/ticket deposit. You get a really unstable flash application to select your seats. You'll get a window of about 36 hours to pick...if you're more than a half hour late then you'll probably miss out on peak selection.

Other things to keep in mind:
-Make friends with your ticket rep...they can hook you up or make you so very sad :(
-Have multiple backup browsers for picking tickets...site is unreliable. Good news for me was that the server took a beating and kicked off most of the competition come upgrade time :)

Most importantly:
Don't sell unusable tickets to away fans...

This was such an awesome post, I really appreciate it.

When you got your tickets last year, is that all they had available? It's like I said, I was hoping to get charter seats but if thats not in the cards, I'll literally take anywhere and work my way up the ticket ladder.

I put my deposit down yesterday so I figured that was a decent time for the newbies such as myself to secure something seeing how I think they take deposits up until what, April or so...right?

I'll just be happy to get anything to be honest. I've been to 7 NFL stadiums in my lifetime and there is nothing like a game at Century Link Field/Qwest Field, whatever. The atmosphere and crowd is just something else, kudos to you guys.

Once again....thanks a ton for all the help.

edit: When you have that 36 hour window or whatever, do they just e-mail you or call? How are you notified to logon and purchase your seats pending things are still available.

OP
OP
X

xkj1985x

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3ogkolrz said:
Hey, I'll take a season ticket holder who roots for the Hawks against all teams but one over ticket brokers owning them and selling them to away fans on Stubhub. Bring it on.

Thank You!

I look forward to joining all of you.

HawkRedhooker

Reaction score
xkj1985x":1zl2bqbs said:

When you got your tickets last year, is that all they had available? It's like I said, I was hoping to get charter seats but if thats not in the cards, I'll literally take anywhere and work my way up the ticket ladder.

I put my deposit down yesterday so I figured that was a decent time for the newbies such as myself to secure something seeing how I think they take deposits up until what, April or so...right?

I'll just be happy to get anything to be honest. I've been to 7 NFL stadiums in my lifetime and there is nothing like a game at Century Link Field/Qwest Field, whatever. The atmosphere and crowd is just something else, kudos to you guys.

Charter seats are owned by the charter seat holders unless repo'd by the Seahawks. You buy charter seats from a charter seat holder wanting to sell and pay the Seahawks a transfer fee. Someone here should be able to give you a tip on buying charter seats on the secondary market because I'm sure many here have.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
xkj1985x":1dm5qucu said:
SilkMonkey":1dm5qucu said:

Dude, you can say it, "kudos to US" as long as you rock like a 12.

OP
OP
X

xkj1985x

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":3mm0g0k8 said:
xkj1985x":3mm0g0k8 said:
SilkMonkey":3mm0g0k8 said:

Dude, you can say it, "kudos to US" as long as you rock like a 12.

I want to secure season tickets and earn my way into that crowd. I wear my Eagles gear when they are here but every other game that I've been to here in Seattle, I have Seahawks gear on and I'm in full throat with the rest of you guys.

Words can't explain how excited I am to finally have the opportunity to join all the 12s for a full season (hopefully, pending I have some tickets left when they get ahold of me)

I'll be ready.

OP
OP
X

xkj1985x

Reaction score
HawkRedhooker":1gjuf85l said:
xkj1985x":1gjuf85l said:

Charter seats are owned by the charter seat holders unless repo'd by the Seahawks. You buy charter seats from a charter seat holder wanting to sell and pay the Seahawks a transfer fee. Someone here should be able to give you a tip on buying charter seats on the secondary market because I'm sure many here have.

I'm really not sure why I didn't think of that. So they're kinda like SBLs then? They've been under control by the holders since the stadium was built, basically? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing.

Either way, I'm cool with anything. Row Z. Doesn't matter.

HawkRedhooker

Reaction score
xkj1985x":2hley7ex said:
I'm really not sure why I didn't think of that. So they're kinda like SBLs then? They've been under control by the holders since the stadium was built, basically? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing.

Yes charter seats are like personal seat licenses at other stadiums. There is / was a cost associated with the license. The cost varies by location but most are in the $2K-2.5K per seat range. The charter seat holder may have received a discount of up to 20% depending on length of season ticket status (how long they were a season ticket holder) and how they paid for it (cash up front had a discount). Having a charter license allows the owner to sell the seat or will it to their heirs. Otherwise regular seats are not transferable.

OP
OP
X

xkj1985x

Reaction score
HawkRedhooker":2qbif6ep said:
xkj1985x":2qbif6ep said:

Yes charter seats are like personal seat licenses at other stadiums. There is / was a cost associated with the license. The cost varies by location but most are in the $2K-2.5K per seat range. The charter seat holder may have received a discount of up to 20% depending on length of season ticket status (how long they were a season ticket holder) and how they paid for it (cash up front had a discount). Having a charter license allows the owner to sell the seat or will it to their heirs. Otherwise regular seats are not transferable.

Makes total sense now. Eagles had a SBL program when they built The Linc so it all comes back to me now.

Gotcha. Well I'll just cross my fingers and hope something decent is available come my chance to buy.

I've sat just about everywhere at CLF from Club Seats (which are awesome) to upper deck corners to upper deck 50 yard line seats.

I think the only area I've never been is the Hawks Nest.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Awesome choice bro! I just put down my deposit a couple weeks ago as well. My cousin called a csr and she said they'll call in May about picking seats and then the full balance is due in June. I've spent almost $1000 this year already on single game tix (Dal, GB, Jets-free, Noners and Rams) so I had to put up for season tix.

OP
OP
X

xkj1985x

Reaction score
-The Glove-":38igssb1 said:
Awesome choice bro! I just put down my deposit a couple weeks ago as well. My cousin called a csr and she said they'll call in May about picking seats and then the full balance is due in June. I've spent almost $1000 this year already on single game tix (Dal, GB, Jets-free, Noners and Rams) so I had to put up for season tix.

I hear ya. I had my 16 year old brother in town last week from Idaho and he's never been to a pro or college game for ANY sport so I was really wanting to take him to the game last Sunday.

Prices were so out of control, I couldn't swing it. So I decided to get in on the Season Ticket train and just do it that way since I love going to the games and I'm only 15 minutes away. Makes sense to me!

I talked to a CSR on the hawks website this morning and she told me that when I get called to pick my seats in May that the balance was due immediately which I found kind of odd. You just get a random call and then a balance of $1,000+ is due right then?

It's fine, I'll have the money set aside waiting for that call but found it kind of strange so hopefully what you were told is more accurate in the fact you'll have a few weeks/month to get it situated and paid for.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
xkj1985x":120ud1xt said:
-The Glove-":120ud1xt said:

I hear ya. I had my 16 year old brother in town last week from Idaho and he's never been to a pro or college game for ANY sport so I was really wanting to take him to the game last Sunday.

Prices were so out of control, I couldn't swing it. So I decided to get in on the Season Ticket train and just do it that way since I love going to the games and I'm only 15 minutes away. Makes sense to me!

I talked to a CSR on the hawks website this morning and she told me that when I get called to pick my seats in May that the balance was due immediately which I found kind of odd. You just get a random call and then a balance of $1,000+ is due right then?

It's fine, I'll have the money set aside waiting for that call but found it kind of strange so hopefully what you were told is more accurate in the fact you'll have a few weeks/month to get it situated and paid for.

Yeah that's pretty odd. I also heard from another season ticket holder you can set up an account on team site to make monthly payments from now til whenever its due in full. That sounds like the best way to go, that way you're chopping that bill down little by little.

mikeak

Reaction score
I remember when I bought mine (only lived in Seattle area one year). It was the inagural season of the new stadium. Was watching pre-season at home. If I remember correctly Dilfer was the new qb - we were up 10-0 against Cincinatti (player and team may be wrong I was drinking...) and were looking good. Offense was clicking and there was this superbowl winning qb. At the bottom of the screen scrolled - buy season tickets call this number..........

what the heck I called bought a season ticket. $400 sat right where the turn ends over the player entrance. Great seats couldn't believe it $400 for a season

Hung up the phone.....Dilfer broke his leg or something on the very next play kid you not. Seahawks didn't score again. Could have scalped every game for below face value

Oh well still fun and was worth it sitting next to the same people every game and I got the inagural stadium pin at home :)

OP
OP
X

xkj1985x

Reaction score
-The Glove-":17js7ndo said:
xkj1985x":17js7ndo said:
-The Glove-":17js7ndo said:

Yeah that's pretty odd. I also heard from another season ticket holder you can set up an account on team site to make monthly payments from now til whenever its due in full. That sounds like the best way to go, that way you're chopping that bill down little by little.

Oh yeah. I was told that from the CSR I spoke to as well but thats not until after your first season apparently.

When you first secure your tickets for the first season, its due in full right then or within the month (as you were told) but after that first season you can set it up in monthly payments or something going forward which will be nice.

Curious as to why we were both told something different lol.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
xkj1985x":34nx23zo said:
-The Glove-":34nx23zo said:
xkj1985x":34nx23zo said:
-The Glove- said:

Oh yeah. I was told that from the CSR I spoke to as well but thats not until after your first season apparently.

When you first secure your tickets for the first season, its due in full right then or within the month (as you were told) but after that first season you can set it up in monthly payments or something going forward which will be nice.

Curious as to why we were both told something different lol.
Ah ok. Gotcha. Who knows? Hopefully my guy was right...I can use the extra month