DangeRussWilson ProBowl Alternate

Largent80

Reaction score
who is the starter?

Ryan?...Rodgers?

Those guys better get used to sliding to the right.

Galen96

Reaction score
Does anyone else realize that Russell Wilson would be an OBVIOUS ROY and Pro-bowl pick if the coaches gave him the full playbook in week one? Apparently thats why RGIII is getting all this love. Lol.....

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I don't think Griffin lasts another 3 seasons if he keeps playing as reckless as he does. Luck and Wilson both know how to slide.

bellingerga

Reaction score
This is more than I expected to be honest. Wow congrats to Russ, and boy are we hawks fans lucky to have the team we have.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I think the thing that hurt RW most to start the year was that he wasn't annointed the savior- like Luck and Griffin were. Those 2 had ALL the significant reps in the Summer and training camp. RW was getting very limited reps until the 3rd preseason game. To me that is why RG3 and Luck started off playing better football.

Just think it he had the same opportunity for all those reps that those 2 had. He's progressed more than any other QB and He's done a tremendous job.

mikeak

Reaction score
3rd alternate per different thread so isn't that the fifth qb then?

Starter, backup alternate 1, 2 &3....

drdiags

Reaction score
I think Galen nails it. RGIII was slinging it from day 1, while Wilson was protected by the defense and running game early. It was only after our coaches decided to un-pucker that Wilson got a chance to show the league how special he was. Not his or the coaches fault. Even Shanahan thought his team's season was over early and was just seeing what all his rookie could do.

3rd alternate is more than I thought he would do coming into the season.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I see this as a slight to Wilson more than anything and an obvious pre-cursor for the ROY balloting. The press is obligated to hype Griffin even in the face of obvious statistical ignorance. Its the Seahawks way though. Wilson knew coming to Seattle would never lead to glorious accolades from the press. Perhaps that's why he is here. Congratulations regardless!

Go Hawks!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Galen96":1zv0retz said:
Does anyone else realize that Russell Wilson would be an OBVIOUS ROY and Pro-bowl pick if the coaches gave him the full playbook in week one? Apparently thats why RGIII is getting all this love. Lol.....

I disagree fior several reasons:

1. RW had insufficient reps with the 1st team and with receivers so he'd likely had many more turnovers if he would have had opened up the playbook.
2. The playbook at that time didn't include option read plays which are proven very productive now.
3. In Washington Shanahan built an offense around RG3's skillset from the get go while we were trying to develop RW the pocket passer--RW had to prove he was a pocket passer to fans and media first. A full playbook was never the issue.
4. PC stole Shanahan's idea only after we struggled with not getting the most out of RW's skillset.
5. Bevell didn't know how to implement zone read plays or option plays for that matter. First few option plays were disastrous.

But yea I agree RW has the ability to be ROY and pro-bowler. He was handicapped from the start even had we opened up the playbook for him.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
RW was blessed to have fallen into PC's hands. The only coach that would have had the insight and ability to do what PC did for RW is Mike Shanahan. Shanahan got RG3 and yet they still found a rookie gem in Cousins. Both quarterbacks have different skillsets and yet he doesn't miss a beat when making a substitution.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":4glh9rgb said:
5. Bevell didn't know how to implement zone read plays or option plays for that matter. First few option plays were disastrous.

This is a good and oft overlooked point. It's not like every OC has these plays on hand ready-to-go. It takes a very unique physical and mental skill set for a QB to run these effectively. Once RW got some basic building blocks sorted out and the offense as a whole began to gel, it became clear that what Shanahan was doing, we could do as well.