Galen96 wrote:Does anyone else realize that Russell Wilson would be an OBVIOUS ROY and Pro-bowl pick if the coaches gave him the full playbook in week one? Apparently thats why RGIII is getting all this love. Lol.....
I disagree fior several reasons:
1. RW had insufficient reps with the 1st team and with receivers so he'd likely had many more turnovers if he would have had opened up the playbook.
2. The playbook at that time didn't include option read plays which are proven very productive now.
3. In Washington Shanahan built an offense around RG3's skillset from the get go while we were trying to develop RW the pocket passer--RW had to prove he was a pocket passer to fans and media first. A full playbook was never the issue.
4. PC stole Shanahan's idea only after we struggled with not getting the most out of RW's skillset.
5. Bevell didn't know how to implement zone read plays or option plays for that matter. First few option plays were disastrous.
But yea I agree RW has the ability to be ROY and pro-bowler. He was handicapped from the start even had we opened up the playbook for him.