Who in AFC playoffs do you want to play in SB?

hudsonhawk19

Reaction score
It seems the "dead horse" that is the desired NFC playoff scenario has been beaten to death. So I would like to ask out of the AFC teams who would you want to play in the SB? I mean at this point for me I really do not care who we play but if I had to pick I would say not Denver or New England, I feel we could wipe out any of the other teams(especially the colts). Now this is not saying I don't want to play Denver or New England just that I would rather play any of the other playoff teams. If I had to pick a team to play it would probably be (colts exempt because they will be one and done) the Ravens. However whatever team makes it will be hot at that point.

What do you guys want to see and yes I know its early to talk about SB but I just wanted a new topic :)!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Broncos, I want to wipe the field with Peyton Manning. His new nickname will be "Peat Moss Manning"

Fox0r

Reaction score
Let's beat Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl please.

Peyton passes on the Seahawks in the off-season. Snubs Pete and John at the airport, so what do they do? Anything any sensible GM would do...Go draft a 3rd round, 5'10" QB, break Peyton Manning's rookie TD record, and kick the shit out of him in the Super Bowl with the team he originally turned down. Duh.

mikeak

Reaction score
Jacksonville would be high up on my list :)

But then I would go with Colts after that

I expect Denver / NE so which one of those? Doesn't matter we beat them both :)

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
hawker84":3u7s3wpl said:
anybody but the bronco's. Manning on O and a killer D.. no thanks.

We already beat (pre-season) them once! 30-10 in their house.

At the moment I fear no one. So if I had to pick I would say Bengals!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Colts, Bengals or Houston.

Houston is going into the playoffs sideways. Mid tier run defenses are shutting down their run game. IF they made it, I still think they're vulnerable, and I think Sherman can limit Andre Johnson.

I'd also really like to see Okung match up against J.J. Watt. Epic.

JonRud

Reaction score
If it had to be one of the good teams bring on Denver.

1) I will always hate Denver and Horseface from our time in the AFC West.
2) I am mad that Denver lost to Pitt in 2005 AFC Championship because we would have destroyed Denver in XL.
3) I hate Eli Manning so maybe beating his brother would bother him.

Fox0r

Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people are afraid of Denver. Look at their schedule. They have barely beaten anyone notable. Peyton is historically bad in the playoffs, as well.

JKent82

Reaction score
Denver. I think it'd be the most entertaining game in terms of how we match up. We're very similar teams.

And what would be more fun than sticking it to Peyton? Well maybe kicking Brady's ass again.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Fox0r":1c4qfgr0 said:
Let's beat Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl please.

Peyton passes on the Seahawks in the off-season. Snubs Pete and John at the airport, so what do they do? Anything any sensible GM would do...Go draft a 3rd round, 5'10" QB, break Peyton Manning's rookie TD record, and kick the shit out of him in the Super Bowl with the team he originally turned down. Duh.
Denver was the first that came to mind when I read the OP, then 2005 come flooding in.
Playing the Donkos would be even worse that playing the Stealers, because the Media pundits would play up Mannings stupendously remarkable and astonishingly fantasticle and marvelously wonderful recovery from his neck injury would give them an extra edge that they don't need or deserve.

hawker84

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1sk6zk55 said:
hawker84":1sk6zk55 said:
anybody but the bronco's. Manning on O and a killer D.. no thanks.

We already beat (pre-season) them once! 30-10 in their house.

At the moment I fear no one. So if I had to pick I would say Bengals!

if you recall, manning had his way with us against our 1st string.. it wasn't until the backups came in did we start to score and eventually pull away.. trust me, you don't want to see manning in the post season, with a killer D behind him.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I am still of the belief we face Houston in the Super Bowl. And I have multiple wagers that pay in that scenario. Denver will beat Pats in Denver but then travel to Houston for the AFC Championship where they will fall.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Broncos. I have a long memory and still think we owe them for the the AFC days

Latest posts