Who in AFC playoffs do you want to play in SB?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • It seems the "dead horse" that is the desired NFC playoff scenario has been beaten to death. So I would like to ask out of the AFC teams who would you want to play in the SB? I mean at this point for me I really do not care who we play but if I had to pick I would say not Denver or New England, I feel we could wipe out any of the other teams(especially the colts). Now this is not saying I don't want to play Denver or New England just that I would rather play any of the other playoff teams. If I had to pick a team to play it would probably be (colts exempt because they will be one and done) the Ravens. However whatever team makes it will be hot at that point.

What do you guys want to see and yes I know its early to talk about SB but I just wanted a new topic :)!
    hudsonhawk19
    NET Bench Warmer

• Bengals
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

• Bengals.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• Broncos, I want to wipe the field with Peyton Manning. His new nickname will be "Peat Moss Manning"
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• anybody but the bronco's. Manning on O and a killer D.. no thanks.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Let's beat Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl please.

Peyton passes on the Seahawks in the off-season. Snubs Pete and John at the airport, so what do they do? Anything any sensible GM would do...Go draft a 3rd round, 5'10" QB, break Peyton Manning's rookie TD record, and kick the shit out of him in the Super Bowl with the team he originally turned down. Duh.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Jacksonville would be high up on my list :)

But then I would go with Colts after that

I expect Denver / NE so which one of those? Doesn't matter we beat them both :)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• hawker84 wrote:anybody but the bronco's. Manning on O and a killer D.. no thanks.

We already beat (pre-season) them once! 30-10 in their house.

At the moment I fear no one. So if I had to pick I would say Bengals!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• Colts, Bengals or Houston.

Houston is going into the playoffs sideways. Mid tier run defenses are shutting down their run game. IF they made it, I still think they're vulnerable, and I think Sherman can limit Andre Johnson.

I'd also really like to see Okung match up against J.J. Watt. Epic.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• If it had to be one of the good teams bring on Denver.

1) I will always hate Denver and Horseface from our time in the AFC West.
    2) I am mad that Denver lost to Pitt in 2005 AFC Championship because we would have destroyed Denver in XL.
    3) I hate Eli Manning so maybe beating his brother would bother him.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• I don't understand why so many people are afraid of Denver. Look at their schedule. They have barely beaten anyone notable. Peyton is historically bad in the playoffs, as well.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Denver. I want to kick their asses.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Denver. I think it'd be the most entertaining game in terms of how we match up. We're very similar teams.

And what would be more fun than sticking it to Peyton? Well maybe kicking Brady's ass again.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

• Whoever is the easiest win.

I couldnt care less who we beat, i just want to win one.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Fox0r wrote:Let's beat Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl please.

Peyton passes on the Seahawks in the off-season. Snubs Pete and John at the airport, so what do they do? Anything any sensible GM would do...Go draft a 3rd round, 5'10" QB, break Peyton Manning's rookie TD record, and kick the shit out of him in the Super Bowl with the team he originally turned down. Duh.

Denver was the first that came to mind when I read the OP, then 2005 come flooding in.
    Playing the Donkos would be even worse that playing the Stealers, because the Media pundits would play up Mannings stupendously remarkable and astonishingly fantasticle and marvelously wonderful recovery from his neck injury would give them an extra edge that they don't need or deserve.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Houston
    capncrunch
    NET Practice Squad

• Evil_Shenanigans wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:anybody but the bronco's. Manning on O and a killer D.. no thanks.

We already beat (pre-season) them once! 30-10 in their house.

At the moment I fear no one. So if I had to pick I would say Bengals!

if you recall, manning had his way with us against our 1st string.. it wasn't until the backups came in did we start to score and eventually pull away.. trust me, you don't want to see manning in the post season, with a killer D behind him.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• I am still of the belief we face Houston in the Super Bowl. And I have multiple wagers that pay in that scenario. Denver will beat Pats in Denver but then travel to Houston for the AFC Championship where they will fall.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Broncos. I have a long memory and still think we owe them for the the AFC days
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• Houston looks weak right now and at the wrong time. Denver is on a roll.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JonRud wrote:3) I hate Eli Manning so maybe beating his brother would bother him.

KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• Denver. We owe that Horsefaced son of a bitch an ass kicking
    besides, wouldn't it be awesome to beat Peyton Manning in a
    Superbowl in New Orleans.
    el capitan
    NET Starter

• I'd like to beat Denver for all the reasons stated above, and because we could add Manning to the list of elite QBs we've beaten this year. But on the other hand, I just want to win, so I'll take the Bengals. They are probably the least likely team to benefit from the refs.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:Broncos, I want to wipe the field with Peyton Manning. His new nickname will be "Peat Moss Manning"

I want Bruce Irvin to make Manning cuss up a storm during that game.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

• Unrealistic choice is Indy for me. I'd love to see RW3 crush both RGIII and Luck in the playoffs.

Realistic choice is Houston. I think they really are not all that impressive. If we can block Watt, our offense can likely beat them down.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• The Hawks haven't even won a playoff game under Carroll yet and we're starting the SB talk? Hmmm. Isn't this the kind of thing that makes most of us hate teams like the Niners.

The Hawks are due for a let down and I don't see it happening against the Rams at home. No way we go on the road all the way to the SB. Not happening.
    TacomaCoug
    NET Bench Warmer

• TacomaCoug wrote:The Hawks haven't even won a playoff game under Carroll yet and we're starting the SB talk? Hmmm. Isn't this the kind of thing that makes most of us hate teams like the Niners.

The Hawks are due for a let down and I don't see it happening against the Rams at home. No way we go on the road all the way to the SB. Not happening.

Were you living in a cave during THE RUN?

Plus anything can happen in the playoffs. Our offense has gotten hot at the right time.
    Last edited by -The Glove- on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Bronco's all the way
    Our oldest rival for the win
    "Go Hawks" Russlemainia
    Adopt a Rookie - Jackson Jeffcoat
    SeaHawk80
    NET Rookie

• TacomaCoug wrote:The Hawks haven't even won a playoff game under Carroll yet and we're starting the SB talk? Hmmm. Isn't this the kind of thing that makes most of us hate teams like the Niners.

Beastquake?
    DrinkinTheLimerade
    NET Rookie

• Fox0r wrote:Let's beat Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl please.

After the Jerome Bettis/Detroit thing.. I'd really not want to face Peyton Manning in New Orleans.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• I don't want to face any "money" team in the SB. Refs will take it away from us again. I'd rather face the Bengals or the Texans.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• The Giants shouldn't be the only team to have the pleasure of beating the post-2001 Patriots in the Super Bowl. One vote for the Patriots.
    Silverhammer
    NET Bench Warmer

• Broncos.

If not for destiny, those jokers should have met the Seahawks in the '05 Superbowl. Would love to kick their butt for allowing that disaster in Detroit.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information