Rookie of the year, Fan Poll,

MrCarey

Reaction score
I'm so over Andrew Luck even being in the conversation. I can't stand it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I posted this somewhere yesterday but NFL net did a poll too. It was 58% for RW, like 30% for Luck and the balance obviously to Griffin. I kid you not. Those voters likely looked at the entire picture including offenses ran, opposition, etc. instead of just TD to int ratio and/or QBR. I have no problem with those numbers at all. One more above avg showing from RW and I am now convinced he will win it. He is clearly better than Griffin, Luck is too, so this will rightfully come down to them. RW ROTY!

kearly

Reaction score
If the actual RoY voters are half as fickle and simple minded as the fans are, then Wilson could probably guarantee the award by beating RG3 in the playoffs and then reaching the championship game. Luck will probably lose to the Texans tomorrow then be one and done in the playoffs. Granted, the Texans are over-rated and the Ravens have been suspect lately, but not neither is as suspect as the Colts.

This situation reminds me a little of when Felix won the Cy Young a few years ago. People thought he had no chance, but then he got very hot at the end of the season and lo and behold, he shocked the world and won it.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
kearly":3uol0mj1 said:
If the actual RoY voters are half as fickle and simple minded as the fans are, then Wilson could probably guarantee the award by beating RG3 in the playoffs and then reaching the championship game.

Waitasec. When is this voted on/announced?? Mid-playoffs? Or post-post-season?

Axx

Reaction score
bestfightstory":kxne0xee said:
kearly":kxne0xee said:
If the actual RoY voters are half as fickle and simple minded as the fans are, then Wilson could probably guarantee the award by beating RG3 in the playoffs and then reaching the championship game.

Waitasec. When is this voted on/announced?? Mid-playoffs? Or post-post-season?

end of regular season.

Escamillo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2plo5hfj said:
How in the hell does Luck have more votes than RG3? Wow. People are delusional.

It's because lots of the media have been pushing the "He turned a 2-win team into a 10-win team" line. What they don't mention ist that the Colts had the easiest schedule (precisely because they were a 2-win team) and that they lost some games on purpose last year in their "Suck for Luck" campaign. Their talent wasn't 2-win talent.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Escamillo":wl41lh48 said:
RolandDeschain":wl41lh48 said:

It's because lots of the media have been pushing the "He turned a 2-win team into a 10-win team" line. What they don't mention ist that the Colts had the easiest schedule (precisely because they were a 2-win team) and that they lost some games on purpose last year in their "Suck for Luck" campaign. Their talent wasn't 2-win talent.

This is the truth. Solid. 100%. TRUTH.

kearly

Reaction score
Last year it was announced the day before the Superbowl. No idea when the vote is taken but it would be strange to hold onto the results for over a month.

debevemos

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1toufz18 said:

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out... It's because his coach got Leukemia and they had no QB last year. The "dramatic turn around" the Colts have made this year is BS. If they have anyone behind Peyton Manning that wasn't a complete scrub in 2011, there is no way they go 2-14.

Pstark3

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":34m21i3f said:
People had their minds made up before the season even started.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
kearly":20j2zyop said:
Last year it was announced the day before the Superbowl. No idea when the vote is taken but it would be strange to hold onto the results for over a month.
John Clayton, who has an AP vote for the OROY, said on ESPN710 radio about a week ago that he has to have his vote submitted within a week after week 17 games are complete. Essentially, prior to Wild Card weekend getting underway. I'm assuming his deadline is Friday at midnite... just a guess.

fwiw.

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
I believe he'll win the ROTY, but is "League MVP" out of the question? Is it written somewhere that rookies can't win it? Who's been more valuable?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Mandu":1fh07rim said:
I believe he'll win the ROTY, but is "League MVP" out of the question? Is it written somewhere that rookies can't win it? Who's been more valuable?

Adrian Peterson.

Latest posts