Bleacher Report says we need a Tight End

Axx

Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1450 ... ds/page/27

Do these guys even watch out games? Zack miller is a absolute beast at run blocking and he is someone you can count on to catch the ball unlike that guy who got cut a few days ago.

Why did they chose Tight End? Even McCoy has been burning linebackers and getting wide open.

What do they see that we dont?

Greenhell

Reaction score
You'd be a better informed fan by not reading that trash.

ensett

Reaction score
Miller is a proven pro-bowler and McCoy finally figured things out, even our 3rd in McGrath or Morrah if he comes back have both shown strong potential.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I could still see adding a stud pass-catching TE, but only if the OC and staff are committed to using him. If not, then stay with the guys we already have, cause at this time, there is no commitment to using a TE for every other pass catch.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I don't think TE is even close to our biggest need, but I would love to have an oversized, big time playmaker tight end in the mix.

Oh, and Bleacher report is terrible.

Pstark3

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":3i0h7qcs said:
oversized wide out.... 1st order of business in the offseason
Why do people keep saying this? Maybe our offense is better fit for quick receivers who can get seperation, like baldwin, rice, and tate?

HawkWow

Reaction score
If the Notre Dame kid (Eifert) is available, we may have to consider him. He's not the best blocker around, but has a knack for finding empty spots to settle. I think he would be a weapon for RW worthy of consideration. I'm hoping for a stud DT sometime early, but getting Eifert in the first, then trading up to get Woods in the 2nd would be huge for the O side.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":2u6movia said:
oversized wide out.... 1st order of business in the offseason
I don't think so. Interior DL. This offense is flourishing with RW and Tate, SidRice and Baldwin. We can definitely use 1 or 2 more but its not our biggest need.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think the model the writer is basing his thoughts on are the Patriots pair, the Saints Graham and other more pass oriented TEs. I am old school. Zach Miller is the ultimate TE in my mind. He is a great blocker and can get separation with great hands. John Mackey was the mode of TE I have always valued. Miller is pretty damn good. I know some feel he is overpaid and will be asked to redo his contract or be cut. That would be a very bad move. McCoy is not a bad 2nd. Sure, grab another TE but not in the 1st round.

3-Tech DT that can collapse the pocket enhances the investment made into Irvin. A dynamic WR or a LB are other options I think need higher priority.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Seriously, avoid Bleacher Report like it's the plague. It's not guaranteed to happen every time, but you run a serious risk of losing brain cells if you read more than seven consecutive words there. Plus a puppy dies.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
The next draft best available IMO. My wish list has on it a TE but its pretty far down my list behind DL, OLB,WR,OL,FB and then TE. I think we are thin if Hill is gone after this year. We need depth too

zayden185

Reaction score
Actually...the next evolution of our offense is a move tight end to disguise plays and keep run defense on the field

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Game after game I am stunned by Miller's blocking prowess and tenacity. That guy is a monster.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
bellingerga":2r1rnikx said:
I don't think TE is even close to our biggest need, but I would love to have an oversized, big time playmaker tight end in the mix.

Oh, and Bleacher report is terrible.

Agree, TE is the least of our worries. DT/DE/WR in that order IMO.

sutz

Reaction score
McCoy has really stepped up as the #2 TE, and Miller has been fantastic. I don't see TE as a "team need." Certainly not a 1st Rd need, especially if better players are on the board. I suspect we're going BPA this year, with a nod to DL, OL, and possibly LB. LB hasn't been that much of a need as smith gets playing time. He seems to be filling in nicely for Hill, who I love but recognize is on his last legs. Wouldn't mind Hill staying around as a vet backup, but we could use a better starter there.

We might just snag a TE sometime, but I doubt in the 1st/2d.