Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Come on people; lets be classy
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:09 am 
NET Veteran

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20121223/SPORTS/121229793/1016/SPORTS0401?p=all&tc=pgall

I dont get this super Harbaugh hate. People are always saying he is an overated bag. His teams are good. Real good.
Its nice to have a new nemesis in the division. The winning Rams teams were good to finally take the division from.
This article linked above I found when looking at a diff post. This is taking the reaction to the 12/23 game a bit far.

Post subject: Re: Come on people; lets be classy
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:18 am 
NET Veteran

Harbaugh is a delta bravo. Yes, his teams win games but he's classless and has minimal sportsmanship.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:19 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

I agree. But, haters gonna hate.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:21 am 
NET Starter

I'll agree that he's good, if he can get his team to play great football against AZ and into the playoffs after this major beat down.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:21 am 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

Jazzhawk wrote:

Being justified in hating someone who is a douchebag does not make you a hater.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:23 am 
* NET Baller *

Oh well!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:26 am 
NET Veteran

Tech Worlds wrote:
Jazzhawk wrote:

Exactly. How can you not hate this dickweed? I have to go to my mother in laws or I'd take the time to tell you all the reasons. But you do know he is the douchebag head coach of the team we hate?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:27 am 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

morgulon1 wrote:
Tech Worlds wrote:
Jazzhawk wrote:

Exactly. How can you not hate this dickweed? I have to go to my mother in laws or I'd take the time to tell you all the reasons. But you do know he is the douchebag head coach of the team we hate?

I am so sorry you have to go to your mother in laws.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:28 am 
NET Rookie

I'm all for us being classy, taking the high road and all of that, but I'm confused as to the relationship between your subject title and the article you link. How is this article is any reflection of us here at .Net? (Your title implies that WE have done something less than classy.) Perhaps you meant to address Lowell Cohn with your subject title?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:29 am 
NET Veteran

he is a real D.B. Cooper

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:29 am 
USMC 1970-77

Harbaugh walked into a team that had been cellar dwellers for a decade, drafting in the top 5 for years. It's not like he had to "rebuild" much. The talent was there. He's won a few games with that crew, now let's see how he deals with some real adversity.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:31 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Imagine you are the guy who wrote this article. Every press conference with Harbaugh is like going to the dentist, and you know that Harbaugh actually hates and resents your very existence. When he is down, you get your kicks in.

Really, watch his pressers. He is the consumate asshole. And when times get tough, and they will (primarily because like Holmgren, he over plays his veteran guys and doesn't let his depth players get on field experience until he has to) the press is going to turn on him like wild dogs. Like this.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:32 am 
NET Veteran

Ahhh. "Sportsmanship" is a good place to start. Where is the "bright line" here though? I thought Harbaugh honking at the team bus
when the 9ers beat us at their house was funny and sportsmanlike. Sherman wrapping his birthday gift for Harbaugh before a
national audience was sportmanship.

From all the posts I am reading I am seeing everything Harbaugh does is an unsportsman like no talent hack douchebag move.

To Edit: I am saying we should demonstrate the class we are capable of. Yes Harbaugh is terrible with the media. Its because of his ego.
Think of it this way: at least he is real and interesting; minus cliches. What makes us different than 49er fans?

Last edited by Atradees on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:32 am 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *

Digits fan believe they are justified in hating Carroll, too. I don't care. Let them hate. Personally, I don't get the whole continual hate thing (except for the rustbuckets -- I totally get that).

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:50 am 
* El Primo *
* El Primo *

Screw Harbaugh and the moose he rode in on!!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:54 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

The guy is a Grade A Douchebag and deserves every bit of venom that gets spewed his way. Good coach or not, he's a giant prick and everybody knows it. If I want to hate how much of a DICK he is, I'm going to hate it.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:03 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

Aros wrote:
The guy is a Grade A Douchebag and deserves every bit of venom that gets spewed his way. Good coach or not, he's a giant prick and everybody knows it. If I want to hate how much of a DICK he is, I'm going to hate it.

Thank you for writing what I was thinking.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:04 am 
NET Veteran

hahahahahh.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:13 am 
NET Veteran

This is what happens when pricks fail. Nobody is there to defend them.

a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:14 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

What Aros said.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:28 am 
NET Veteran

Guy is an absolutely brilliant coach. And a complete arrogant arse.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:36 am 
NET Veteran

Aros wrote:

yeah, i'm with you... I can't stand him and I don't even know him personally.. that's saying a lot...

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm 
NET Veteran

Atradees wrote:
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20121223/SPORTS/121229793/1016/SPORTS0401?p=all&tc=pgall

I dont get this super Harbaugh hate. People are always saying he is an overated bag. His teams are good. Real good.
Its nice to have a new nemesis in the division. The winning Rams teams were good to finally take the division from.
This article linked above I found when looking at a diff post. This is taking the reaction to the 12/23 game a bit far.

Why not???, the 49rs have beaten the Seahawks three out of the last four meetings, and their fans, and some of the Media pundits even NOW, refuse to give kudo's to Pete, Wilson or the whole Seahawks organization for giving their all and returning the favor.
I do NOT want to stoop to the level of most of the 49rs fandom, but because this kind disrespect is ongoing, I'm not just going to roll over and let them run off at the mouth without an answer either.
The 49rs are a damn good team, BUT,their fans and some of the media pundits are trying to reseurect the Joe Montana, Steve Young era with Kaepernick at the helm, Kaepernick is no Joe Montana, and Harbaugh is no Walsh
That respect thing?, that's a two way street

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm 
NET Practice Squad

I can't stand Harbaugh, and people have asked me why.

I disliked him at Stanford, but admittedly only because of the Carroll feud. I like Carroll, but again in the interests of full disclosure, only after he joined the Hawks.

I disliked him more after he became coach of SF. I dislike SF, and I know more ahole fans of SF than any other team.

I disliked him more after the handshake.

I disliked him more after they went 13-3 and every Niner Fan acted like they had just won the last 20 Super Bowls straight. And now I had seen many times what an arrogant, immature jerk he acted like on the sidelines.

I disliked him more after I saw a few press conferences. Again, arrogance is the word I would use.

I disliked him more after I read the Sherman account of how he was treated at Stanford. Baldwin, who seems like a classy guy, hating him also gave me an insight. NFL players see College Teammates/Coaches all the time. The fact they loathe him speaks volumes to me.

I disliked him more after his flat out BS about not pursuing Manning. A pattern had started to emerge of a man who believes his own lies. Pure ego.

And does anyone believe he dodn't mock the Seahawks in SF earlier this year? Hard to take anything he says at face value.

So I don't hate Harbaugh because he is the coach of a good division rivals as most SF Fans would dismiss it as. I believe within a year STL will be right in there with SEA and SF. But Fisher is a man I respect. The lack of respect towards Harbaugh has all been brought on by Harbaugh the man.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:20 pm 
NET Veteran

I can respect him as a coach, but I can't remember a coach I had as much venom for. It was pretty obvious hearing one of the 49er beat reporters interviewing on either KIRO or KJR this week what she thought when posed the question of what Harbaugh is like to deal with from week to week. Paraphrasing, she took a long telling pause and said, "He's...interesting to deal with." Realizing she was sort of throwing him under the bus, she backtracked to the tune of, "Once in a while he loosens up and he can be enjoyable." He comes off as a huge douchebag during games and during press conferences.

I follow IU hoops, and the only negative of the Niners getting eliminated is that Harbaugh starts turning up at some Indiana basketball games since his sister is married to Tom Crean. It always leaves me shaking my head and going "Screw you, I don't want to root for the same team as you."

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:21 pm 
NET Veteran

Adding to that, I also think it speaks volumes about him that his own college players (Sherman and Baldwin) pretty clearly wanted to personally stick it to him.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:28 pm 
NET Veteran

Atradees wrote:
What makes us different than 49er fans?

Pretty simple really, just read some of the crap on the other post that was presented here for all to peruse.
I think it's funny that the 9r's fans are pissed off at Wilson for being the gridiron ghost, but when they start talking shit like wishing the whole Seahawks team die in a plane crash, or that they want some 9r defender break the legs on Wilson, EVEN IF it takes a late hit to get it done, that's not funny, and that's how the Seahawks fans are different.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:38 pm 
NET Veteran

BadGuy711 wrote:
I can't stand Harbaugh, and people have asked me why.

I disliked him at Stanford, but admittedly only because of the Carroll feud. I like Carroll, but again in the interests of full disclosure, only after he joined the Hawks.

I disliked him more after he became coach of SF. I dislike SF, and I know more ahole fans of SF than any other team.

I disliked him more after the handshake.

I disliked him more after they went 13-3 and every Niner Fan acted like they had just won the last 20 Super Bowls straight. And now I had seen many times what an arrogant, immature jerk he acted like on the sidelines.

I disliked him more after I saw a few press conferences. Again, arrogance is the word I would use.

I disliked him more after I read the Sherman account of how he was treated at Stanford. Baldwin, who seems like a classy guy, hating him also gave me an insight. NFL players see College Teammates/Coaches all the time. The fact they loathe him speaks volumes to me.

I disliked him more after his flat out BS about not pursuing Manning. A pattern had started to emerge of a man who believes his own lies. Pure ego.

And does anyone believe he dodn't mock the Seahawks in SF earlier this year? Hard to take anything he says at face value.

So I don't hate Harbaugh because he is the coach of a good division rivals as most SF Fans would dismiss it as. I believe within a year STL will be right in there with SEA and SF. But Fisher is a man I respect. The lack of respect towards Harbaugh has all been brought on by Harbaugh the man.

Yes. All of that.

My dislike for him goes back to the days when I was a young Packer fan. If there was a bigger crybaby ever to play the position of QB, I don't recall who that was. He was the Danny Ainge of the NFL. Worse, considering the Bears, even pre-85, always had reputations as being tough and physical players (think Butkus), Harbaughs constant whining on (and off) the field had him hated by Bear fans as well. He was a boob and now, like some evil scientist with an undeserved ego, he is exacting his revenge.

Well, like the saying goes; be careful who you anger on the way up, because you're gonna' see them again on the way back down (down, down, down). Please keep bashing this clown, but do know that he's heard it all before.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:31 pm 
NET Veteran

If Sherman and Baldwin don't like him, that's good enough for me.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:59 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Aros wrote:

:229031_cheers: :229031_cheers: :229031_cheers: :13:

Yup, what he said!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:22 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

Plus, the comments I read from 49ers fans during and after their assbeating was shocking to me. I know we ALL say some stupid things in the heat of the moment, but as a fanbase IN GENERAL, it's HIGHLY rare to hear Seahawks fans say they want the other team's coach to suffer a heart attack and die, and other ridiculous comments. It's a GAME douchebags. It's fun to smack talk all day long but be a human being about it, not an animal.

Most these fans sounded like animals and it was disgusting.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:30 pm 
NET Rookie

Aros wrote:

YEAH I HATE HIS DICK!... Wait, that's not right.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:47 pm 
NET Starter

I like him......me and Jim Schwartz. Yeah........

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:15 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

I've always said Harbaugh is a good coach. That doesn't preclude him from being an immature douche.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]